Windows 10: Wireless Network not visible

Discus and support Wireless Network not visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have searched the community site and have not found this problem elsewhere. I work in an office with several people. For whatever reason,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim C 13, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Jim C 13 Win User

Wireless Network not visible

Hello,

I have searched the community site and have not found this problem elsewhere.

I work in an office with several people. For whatever reason, I cannot see the corporate wireless network in my list of available networks. This morning I was sitting in a conference room with 4 other people. All 4 of them saw the network and connected, but the network did not appear on my list.

I did the turn your computer off and back on trick. I turned off wifi and turned it back on. I forgot the wireless network and tried to add it manually. I found a hidden network and entered the credentials for the network I need to access. I have gone to every networking page I can find in the control panel. Nothing!!

I am wondering if I somehow messed up a setting. I have had no other issues connecting to other networks at home or at other places (i.e., Panera)…

Any ideas? I am running a Dell 17R Laptop with Windows 10 Pro, 1903.

Regards,

Jim

:)

Jim C 13, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Wireless Network not visible :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Wireless Network not visible

Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Wireless Network not visible

1. Wireless Network not visible - Similar Threads - Wireless Network visible

2. Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10: Hello,I have a couple of older laptops stuck on windows 10. I just installed a fresh version on one of them and now I can't see any of my wireless network SSID's. I could see them before I re-installed. I could see them during the setup install process for Windows. Now I...
  3. Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10: Hello,I have a couple of older laptops stuck on windows 10. I just installed a fresh version on one of them and now I can't see any of my wireless network SSID's. I could see them before I re-installed. I could see them during the setup install process for Windows. Now I...
  4. Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Wireless network visible during install, but not after. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Network not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network not visible: So, unc paths are not resolving anymore. Just started happening.Windows 11EG: \\server\share will not show anything.Other machines can see the share just fine. Quite a problem happening on the Admins computer.any suggestions ?NOTE: Most of the suggestions have already been...
  8. Network not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network not visible: So, unc paths are not resolving anymore. Just started happening.Windows 11EG: \\server\share will not show anything.Other machines can see the share just fine. Quite a problem happening on the Admins computer.any suggestions ?NOTE: Most of the suggestions have already been...
  9. Network visibility

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network visibility: Just got a new modem and my W10 won't see it but does see some others. What can I do? I have rebooted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-visibility/c79d97d3-c6c8-4348-b742-5feced4ce874
  10. Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection.: Hi, I have a windows tablet and laptop connected to my BT Home Hub 5 using only wireless. My Windows 10 computer shows no other computers on the network when looking at explorer->Network. However I can see the other computers when enabling wired LAN and disabling wireless....