Windows 10: Wireless Network Printer - Windows 10

Discus and support Wireless Network Printer - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot connect my wireless network printer to this new windows 10 computer. The system doesn't find any printers when searching?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterStringer, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Wireless Network Printer - Windows 10

I cannot connect my wireless network printer to this new windows 10 computer. The system doesn't find any printers when searching?

:)

PeterStringer, Aug 31, 2019

2. wireless printer

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 driver?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL345...

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

Gather the following items:

Network name: The network name is the SSID.

Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

A computer that is connected to the wireless network

Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

note:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 2: Connect your wireless printer to a wireless network

Connect your printer to your wireless network using the following steps.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 3: Download and install the printer software

Andre Da Costa, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Ben,

Your printer may not connect properly due to incorrect printer or network sharing settings. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes in the settings prior to experiencing the issue?
    • Does this issue only happen when trying to print a certain document or it happens to all of them?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying use the wireless printer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link.
    The methods provided on the link also includes the steps on how to run the troubleshooter that may help to resolve the issue.

For any results, just send us a reply.

Eileen Gal, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Wireless Network Printer - Windows 10

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Wireless Network Printer - Windows 10

1. Wireless Network Printer - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wireless Network Printer

2. wireless printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless printer: I cannot get my wireless printer connected to my desktop and i cannot print any documents. I had to send my desktop for repair. I had windows 10 installed but when i received the computer back it had an unsupported windows 7 installed. How do i fix this to allow me to connect...
  3. Connecting a Wireless Printer to a Different Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a Wireless Printer to a Different Network: I have an HP LaserJet printer that I want to move to a different wireless network. Unfortunately, I do not know the old network password to the printer. Everything I can find online gives directions for installing a printer that is already on the same network. I am sure...
  4. Printer HP Deskjet 2540. Network wireless

Printer HP Deskjet 2540. Network wireless: My printer prints Windows Printer Test Page correctly from my Lenovo laptop. Trouble shooter shows no fault codes. I can print screenshots full page correctly. But print from e- mails from laptop or airline tickets print appears as very small and to leftr of paper does not...
  5. Network Printer and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Printer and Windows 10: I changed the router, but can't find the way how to give the new password for the HP printer which doesn't work. Is this the problem or something else... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-and-windows-10/dd7cb678-153a-4cf8-9c92-63e9f9f38a3d
  6. Cannot see printer on wireless network from Windows 10 computer

Cannot see printer on wireless network from Windows 10 computer: I moved to a new house and set up a new Google Nest wifi network with 2 additional points. I kept the network SSID the same so I wouldn't have to reconfigure all of our internet devices. We were able to print to our wireless printer using our iPad and iPhones. However, my...
  7. Windows 10 and Network Printers

Windows 10 and Network Printers: Hello everyone. I'm not able to find anything on this elsewhere, so I think I should ask here. At our company, we are currently scrambling to upgrade to Windows 10. We have about 200 people who need to upgrade, but most people currently aren't able to print with Windows 10....
  8. Wireless networking with Windows 10

Wireless networking with Windows 10: I've been plagued with network problems for what seems years, and every time I think it's resolved, it comes back again, albeit with different symptoms. Hope someone can find the magic bullet for me.We have 2 laptop computers A and B and 1 desktop C at home, all running...
  9. Windows 10 Wireless Printer Error

Windows 10 Wireless Printer Error: I have a Xerox WorkCentre 3325 Wireless Printer. It must be used wirelessly in order to communicate with Xerox to get toner sent automatically when needed. I was using it with an older laptop running Windows 10, and there were no problems. But that laptop is starting to...
  10. wireless printer

wireless printer: we have a hp all in one pc with Windows 10, we also have a hp all in one wireless printer deskjet 3752 and hotspot on my husbands android smartphone . My question is will the printer work off of the wi-fi hotspot? the pc works with it but we can't get the printer to. the...