Windows 10: Wireless network profile changes

Discus and support Wireless network profile changes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Win10 build 19041 and all of my wireless network profiles are automatically configuring to public and the option to change to private is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GameWalk7958127, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Wireless network profile changes

I am running Win10 build 19041 and all of my wireless network profiles are automatically configuring to public and the option to change to private is not working, as if there is a setting somewhere that is locking out that option to change. Before I start deep diving into my firewall, is there something simple I can unlock to allow this change? Also, I am running iOLO's system mechanic for network security. Maybe there is something there preventing me from converting to private network.

:)

GameWalk7958127, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Wireless network profile changes :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Jan 19, 2021
  3. mb300e Win User
    Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

I had reason recently to make a change to one of my wireless network profiles and discovered that I have dozens of profiles listed that are no longer used. They include hotels, printers and other miscellaneous network items.

Can the older unused ones be deleted from the registry without creating a problem?

The only ones that appear in Settings are the ones in current or recent use. If I only had a few to do, I would do it from a DOS window, but I have dozens. *Eek

Thanks, Peter B.

mb300e, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Wireless network profile changes

wireless network adapter problem

Hi,

Let's try these troubleshooting steps:

Method 1:

• Open the list of available networks by clicking the network icon in your task bar.
    • Locate the network name on the list and right-click or press and hold on it.
    • Click or tap “Forget this network” to delete the profile from your computer.
    • Once done, reboot your device and then reconfigure the connection to the network.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command Prompt.
    • In Command prompt type the following (Replace Wireless Profile Name with your profile name): netsh
      wlan delete profile name="Wireless Profile Name"
    • Press the enter key and reboot your device, once done reconfigure your wireless network profile.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Wireless network profile changes

1. Wireless network profile changes - Similar Threads - Wireless network profile

2. Windows network profiles are broken - changed profile to private multiple times, will not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows network profiles are broken - changed profile to private multiple times, will not...: For whatever reason I have a network one of the unidentified networks which I have repeatedly changed to private however Windows absolutely will not change it from public. I have rebooted, logged in and out etc. The network profile shows it as private but the firewall shows...
  3. changing network profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing network profile: I want to change my network profile from public to private but I see no way to do this. Is there a way to change it and how is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-network-profile/265180f8-d7e2-4bcd-a802-1efdc6ea0d66"
  4. Changing name on my wireless network

Changing name on my wireless network: Im trying to change the name of my wireless network, but it keeps changing it back as well as adding 5ghz at the end of my name, regardless of how many times i change it. I just want to change the name of my wireless network without having anything 5ghz added to it. 110532
  5. Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.

Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles.: Deleting older and unused Wireless Network Profiles. I had reason recently to make a change to one of my wireless network profiles and discovered that I have dozens of profiles listed that are no longer used. They include hotels, printers and other miscellaneous network...
  6. Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10: How to: Add Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Add a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 A wireless (Wi-Fi) connect to a wireless network. When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will automatically create and add a profile for the wireless...
  7. See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10: How to: See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 How to See List of Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 [img] Information When you password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. This tutorial will show you how to...
  8. Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10: How to: Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 How to Delete a Wireless Network Profile in Windows 10 When you connect to a new wireless network, Windows will create a profile for the wireless network. A wireless (Wi-Fi) network profile contains the password key,...
  9. Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10 How to Change a Network Profile Name in Windows 10 The first time that you connect to a network, Windows automatically creates a network profile and stores it on your computer. Your computer can then automatically...
  10. Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10 When you add or password key, and security information to be able to connect to a wireless network. Restoring a backed up wireless...