Windows 10: Wireless network report fails with error 0x2 or 0x5 on Windows 10

Discus and support Wireless network report fails with error 0x2 or 0x5 on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will provide the solution to the errors you might encounter when you try to run or generate a WiFi History or WLAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 13, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Wireless network report fails with error 0x2 or 0x5 on Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Arthur_F Win User

Error when running wireless network report (error is 0x2)

Hi,

I am trying to run a network report with this guide I found:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000462/windows-10-analyzing-wireless-network-report

However, when executing the command I get the following error:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show wlanreport

Generating report ...

Querying WLAN Events ...

Querying NCSI Events ...

Querying NDIS Events ...

failed, error is 0x2

here is my system info: 2019-10-23_2003

my wifi adapter: Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

Could anyone please assist?

Many thanks!

A.

Arthur_F, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Windows Defender scheduled scans failing with 0x2 error

Hi,

This problem is occurring on a new Dell laptop (Latitude 7480 with Windows 10 Pro 1809, auto-updates turned on). The problem started a week or two ago when Windows Defender reported no recent successful scans. I can run a scan manually with no problems.
    However, the default scheduled scan fails with an 0x2 regardless of whether I start it manually or let it run as scheduled.

I see this error has a fairly long history but I don't see any real resolution anywhere. Is there a current suggested solution?

Thanks,

Ray Porter, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Wireless network report fails with error 0x2 or 0x5 on Windows 10 :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Wireless network report fails with error 0x2 or 0x5 on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wireless network report

2. SQL Server Reporting Service Failed to Initialize the Report Server [HTTP 500 Network Error]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server Reporting Service Failed to Initialize the Report Server [HTTP 500 Network Error]: Hi, I'm running into an issue while trying to launch the SQL Server Reporting Service SSRS from my local machine. The error highlights it is unable to open the source file App_global.asax.pddxk8z6.0.cs from the c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server Reporting...
  3. SQL Server Reporting Service Failed to Initialize the Report Server [HTTP 500 Network Error]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server Reporting Service Failed to Initialize the Report Server [HTTP 500 Network Error]: Hi, I'm running into an issue while trying to launch the SQL Server Reporting Service SSRS from my local machine. The error highlights it is unable to open the source file App_global.asax.pddxk8z6.0.cs from the c:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server Reporting...
  4. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender: Dismhost.exe folders are being made in my temp folder regularly and scheduled scans in the task scheduler come back with a 0x2 error, I used to have malwarebytes installed, but its no longer installed. anything have a solution to fix both of these issues?...
  5. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender: Dismhost.exe folders are being made in my temp folder regularly and scheduled scans in the task scheduler come back with a 0x2 error, I used to have malwarebytes installed, but its no longer installed. anything have a solution to fix both of these issues?...
  6. Dismhost.exe and 0x2 error for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Error when running wireless network report (error is 0x2)

Error when running wireless network report (error is 0x2): Hi, I am trying to run a network report with this guide I found: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000462/windows-10-analyzing-wireless-network-report However, when executing the command I get the following error: C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show wlanreport...
  8. 0x2 error on basic task

in Windows 10 Support
    0x2 error on basic task: On all my computers I always add a basic task to update Defender definitions every four hours. Couldn't be a more basic task. On my new computer I noticed the task had never run. Deleted and recreated the task EXACTLY the same as on every other computer and it shows 0x2 under...
  9. Windows Defender scheduled scans failing with 0x2 error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scheduled scans failing with 0x2 error: Hi, This problem is occurring on a new Dell laptop (Latitude 7480 with Windows 10 Pro 1809, auto-updates turned on). The problem started a week or two ago when Windows Defender reported no recent successful scans. I can run a scan manually with no problems. However, the...
  10. Wireless network failed

Wireless network failed: Hello everyone. I got in trouble now. Firstly I found I cannot open start menu with clicking the icon nor pressing win key. Since I can shutdown pc with cmd so I didn't care. Then I found I cannot connect to WiFi.The WiFi around won't be shown on the tab.And I cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NDIS events failed error is 0x2