Windows 10: wireless network

Discus and support wireless network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesPatrickMooney, Sep 8, 2018.

1. wireless network

On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find how to add in the key so I am worried about how I am connected and want to ensure that I am only logging on with WiFi I trust. How can I add my key when I can't see any option to add or change it?

:)

JamesPatrickMooney, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, wireless network :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 8, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

wireless network

wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

wireless network

1. wireless network - Similar Threads - wireless network

2. Wireless network not showing up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless network not showing up.: Okay so, when I click on the network button there is no networks showing up. Does it have anything to do with the "drives"? Also there is a orange light coming from the "Airplane Mode" button but its not on...hope you can help...
  3. No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter

No networks available to connect even though I have a wireless adapter: [IMG] I fell asleep last night while working and woke up at around 4:30. I went over to my PC hoping to get some more work done and noticed it had just completely frozen at, I believe it was around 11:35 PM. There was nothing I could do, so I just held the power button down...
  4. Unable to connect to wireless network

Unable to connect to wireless network: Hi! I have problem with connecting my computer with the wireless network on my phone- HUAWEI P smart. When I click on network icon in the right bottom of my computer I can see my device is recognised. But, when I click on it to connect it with my computer I get the...
  5. No wireless networks found

No wireless networks found: Dear microsoft team, I had been using Windows 10 for over 3 months now, I was using windows 10 home and I found out that my system stopped recognizing wireless networks. It is not because of any malware. So i have tried each and every troubleshooting steps possible and now...
  6. win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple...

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple...: My home wireless network use Netgear Orbi WIFI system.The Netgear Orbi WIFI system is WIFI mesh system, so all wireless SSID and passphrase are same. the wireless encryption is WPA2-PSK. As the following: 1. Firstly I use Win10 wireless tools to scan the openair network...
  7. Wireless network adapter frequent disconnected and reconnect by itself after few seconds

Wireless network adapter frequent disconnected and reconnect by itself after few seconds: I'm sick with this condition where my wireless adapter just disconnect by itself and come back within 3 seconds. WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rtlihvs.dll WLAN Extensibility Module has successfully started. Module Path:...
  8. Wireless network adapter keeps disappearing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless network adapter keeps disappearing after Windows 10 update: I have an Asus model Q502LA , my Intel Wireless Software network adapter/ driver keeps disappearing. Which prevents me from getting on the internet without an Ethernet connection. Sometimes I am able to reinstall itit whi solves the problem, but recently this no longer works....
  9. No wireless network after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No wireless network after clean install: I recently performed a clean install of windows 10 home. I can access the internet with an ethernet connection but there is no wireless connection available. In the device manager, under other devices and network controller there is a blue question mark over a white circle,...
  10. network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless): My system has been frequently disconnecting from my network for several months. I connect via ethernet cable using the Realtek PCIe GbE adapter built into the motherboard. I've updated the driver both from the motherboard manufacturer as well as directly from Realtek with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change wifi prefered order