Windows 10: wireless network

Discus and support wireless network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesPatrickMooney, Sep 8, 2018.

1. wireless network

On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find how to add in the key so I am worried about how I am connected and want to ensure that I am only logging on with WiFi I trust. How can I add my key when I can't see any option to add or change it?

:)

JamesPatrickMooney, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, wireless network :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 8, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

wireless network

wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

wireless network

1. wireless network - Similar Threads - wireless network

2. Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers not visible on private network when on wireless connection.: Hi, I have a windows tablet and laptop connected to my BT Home Hub 5 using only wireless. My Windows 10 computer shows no other computers on the network when looking at explorer->Network. However I can see the other computers when enabling wired LAN and disabling wireless....
  3. network connected wireless blue ray player

network connected wireless blue ray player: how to stream online movies from my PC to my wireless blue ray player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connected-wireless-blue-ray-player/bf695bfe-2501-4195-8604-a96ab825f1e9
  4. How do I network my 2 windows 10 computers on a verizon wireless router

How do I network my 2 windows 10 computers on a verizon wireless router: how do I network my 2 windows 10 computers on a Verizon wireless router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-network-my-2-windows-10-computers-on-a/46488cc3-ecc5-4193-902d-56876d38465c
  5. Wireless network adapter gets deleted

Wireless network adapter gets deleted: Windows 10 keeps deleting wireless network adapter on my Asus X540LA. This issue gets me mad because I need to set up it again and again. Please is there any fix to set it up forever?...
  6. A persistent wireless network connection issue – Will Microsoft look into this with its...

A persistent wireless network connection issue – Will Microsoft look into this with its...: Issue: Windows keeps dripping off from wireless network connection Device: HP Notebook Operating system: Window 10 (Version 1803: 10.0.17134.472) Wireless network adapter drive: Intel Network modem/router: 2.4G | 5G Issue started: 2018.12.20 Observations: See below...
  7. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter keeps disconnecting!! Help!!

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter keeps disconnecting!! Help!!: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter keeps disconnecting all of a sudden on my ASUS !! Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/qualcomm-atheros-ar9485-wireless-network-adapter/31d503f2-c048-4e77-af9b-7966631ab47e
  8. HELP - Cannot print on any wireless network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP - Cannot print on any wireless network printer: OK, this is a 2 day issue of me trying to figure this out. Lenovo Yoga, Windows 10, printed fine before Christmas and now will not print to either my work printer OR my home printer. Both printers work fine. I can print from my phone and my colleague/wife's printer. - I...
  9. Windows 10 - Can't use Edge or Internet Explorer on Wireless Network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - Can't use Edge or Internet Explorer on Wireless Network: I have a user how recently bought a Dell 14 inch Inspiron. When they connect to the home wireless - cisco E2500 - and then open the browser - either Edge or IE - it knocks the laptop off the network (also other laptops, too) - they have to power cycle the router to get the...
  10. new laptop, how do I add it to my wireless network of devices?

new laptop, how do I add it to my wireless network of devices?: I have a new laptop and want to add it to my wireless network of devices (computers, printer, etc.) How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-how-do-i-add-it-to-my-wireless-network/f1585b44-b48d-458b-b24c-409edfc90c9a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change wifi prefered order