Windows 10: wireless network

Discus and support wireless network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesPatrickMooney, Sep 8, 2018.

1. wireless network

On first booting up my new windows PC it has connected to the Internet without asking for my Wireless Password Key. How can this be. I cannot find how to add in the key so I am worried about how I am connected and want to ensure that I am only logging on with WiFi I trust. How can I add my key when I can't see any option to add or change it?

:)

JamesPatrickMooney, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, wireless network :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 8, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

wireless network

wireless network

Vista or XP?

You need to go in and delete the network. Then it will pick it up again, and ask you to enter the key again.

On Vista, you do this by going into Networking and Sharing Center. The click on Customize, then click on Merge or delete network locations. Find the SSID of the router in the list, and delete it.

On XP, I believe you have to go to Network Connections, then right click on your Wireless Adaptor. Go to Status, and there should be a button to Manage Wireless Networks, that should take you to where you need to be to delete the network.

newtekie1, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

wireless network

1. wireless network - Similar Threads - wireless network

2. Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter: I have 3 Acer Aspire laptops of varying models and vintages; the oldest and newest have no problem connecting to my router. The Aspire E 15 Start uses the Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter which I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times which resolves the...
  3. Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?: So I got a new gaming pc since I had it I have been using a wireless connection but now I am trying to connect with the ethernet cable and it shows up as an unidentified network but its the same as the wireless one so not sure why it says that it also never connects its say...
  4. Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter causing the issues. My internet connection...

Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter causing the issues. My internet connection...: I've the issue with my connection, when i'm browsing with browser using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera Browser, or Internet Explorer, i have a problem! My internet connection has disabled automatically. When i'm trying to re-connect to wi-fi, the notification appears...
  5. The Wi-Fi option on my PC disappeared.Now I'm not able to connect to any wireless networks.

The Wi-Fi option on my PC disappeared.Now I'm not able to connect to any wireless networks.: I cannot see the WIFI option on my PC, it just disappeared. Now the only things I'm able to see are the Airplane mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-wi-fi-option-on-my-pc-disappearednow-im-not/ca8c3ab7-cd9e-463f-befd-fadce07147f8
  6. Wireless network adapter does not see any network after PC reboot.

Wireless network adapter does not see any network after PC reboot.: Hi,I have a problem with my network after probably windows update that happened some time ago. Earlier it worked perfectly.After I reboot my computer it just can't see any wireless network. It can be fixed by reinstalling network driver.But after next PC reboot it happens...
  7. I lost my connection icon to my wireless network all of a sudden. How do I get it back

I lost my connection icon to my wireless network all of a sudden. How do I get it back: I just recently lost my icon to connect to the wireless network. All other devices in the house still have the connection. It was there one day and now its gone. I have tried to reset the laptop and the router with no success. It has the network listed in available networks...
  8. Editing a Manual Wireless Network Connection

Editing a Manual Wireless Network Connection: Hi everyone - Kind of a specific situation/question here.I am creating a manual connection to a wireless network in my case, used for a WPA2-Enterprise connection.Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing CenterThenSetup a new connection or...
  9. Wireless internet connection problems may be a wireless network adapter problem

Wireless internet connection problems may be a wireless network adapter problem: For several weeks I have been having problems with my wireless internet connection dropping out every few days. I always use Troubleshoot Problems and the result is usually a Network Adapter Problem. First if I disconnected and reconnected a few times it would sort the...
  10. Laptop not connecting to wireless networks.

Laptop not connecting to wireless networks.: About 2 weeks ago, my laptop stopped connecting to the normal wi-fi connections and I was having to use mobile hotspot to use the internet. Today, my laptop stopped showing any wireless networks and I am posting this question using a very inconvenient ethernet connection. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change wifi prefered order