Windows 10: wireless network .........

Discus and support wireless network ......... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; newbie here. I just took the free Windows 10 upgrade on one of my PC's, and most everything went well. Almost most of my software still works, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vega, Apr 8, 2016.

1. vega Win User

wireless network .........

newbie here.
    I just took the free Windows 10 upgrade on one of my PC's, and most everything went well. Almost most of my software still works, and there were no hardware issues from the upgrade.

I'm on a wireless network, and can access all the other Win7 systems and the internet. the network speed is good. The only issue I"m having is both my wireless printers cannot be seen on the network. the printers work with all the Win7 systems.

I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the WLAN (Intel 5100AGN), removing all the protocols and reinstalling, disabling my Avast antivirus, uninstalling the AV, nothing has changed the behavior, I cannot see the printers on the network or ping them from the Windows 10 system. All are visible to the other 3 Win 7 PC's (2 wired and 1 wireless).

All the required adapters are present, all the protocols are configured. I have a clean device manger. Windows claims there are no new drivers for the WLAN card (v12?? dated 2013, the same driver that Win7 used on this system). The Intel site has v 17?? date January this year drivers available as an executable, but they do not install and there is no error from Windows. I have updated the printer drivers to the Windows 10 versions, but the printers will not install because they are not visible to the Windows 10 PC. At this point I'm hesitating to upgrade the other 3 PC's.

anyone here have any ideas where or what I should be looking at to get this sorted?
    thanks in advance

I'm not sure if this is a process or app that is running that blocks the wireless printers, or if something has been changed in the way Windows 10 handles the WLAN. if I connect via ethernet the printers appear and work.

:)

vega, Apr 8, 2016

2. cannot open manually connect wireless network

A wireless or WiFi network provides all the functions of a wired network, while also giving you the flexibility to be in different locations within the radio-signal network. You can remain connected to the Internet, a printer, and share the network with
    more than one computer while enjoying the mobility of your notebook computer.

1. Start the computer, and turn on the wireless device.

2. In the toolbar notification area, locate the Wireless Assistant icon.

3. Now that the wireless device is turned On and Enabled, locate the available wireless networks icon in the toolbar notification area. If there is no wireless icon, but the network cable is connected, unplug the network cable. The wireless network icon will
    display.

4. Right-click the wireless network icon, click Open Network and Sharing Center, click
    Set up a new connection or network, and then select Manually connect to a wireless network.

5. Click Next to continue.

6. Enter the required network security information. This is the information you used when you set up your home network.

7. To verify the wireless connection is complete, click the available network icon to display a list of available wireless networks.

Giovanni Pac, Apr 8, 2016
  3. ThreeTima Win User
    wifi

No Help Line, they did not.... Taken from the Manual of the HTC Touch 6900....

Available at in english at:

http://www.htc.com/support/pdf/htctouch/070522_Elf_HTCTouch_English_Manual.pdf

10.4 Wi-Fi

Wi-Fi provides wireless Internet access over distances of up to 100 meters. To use Wi-Fi on your device, you need access to a wireless access point or “hotspot”.

Note The availability and range of your device’s Wi-Fi signal depends on the number, infrastructure, and other objects through which the signal passes.

Turn Wi-Fi on and off

1. Open the Comm Manager.

2. Tap the WLAN button to turn on/off the wireless function. The WLAN icon indicates the wireless status.

3. Available wireless networks will be detected.

Connect to wireless networks

After Wi-Fi is turned on in Comm Manager, your device scans for available wireless networks in your area.

To connect to a wireless network

1. The network names of the detected wireless networks will be displayed on a pop-up message window. Tap the desired wireless network, then tap OK.

2. On the next pop-up message window, tap The Internet if the wireless network connects your device to the Internet. Otherwise, tap Work if the wireless network connects your device to a private network.

3. If the wireless network is secured by a network key, enter this key, then tap Connect.

Next time you want to connect to the wireless network that you selected, just turn on Wi-Fi in Comm Manager and you will automatically be connected. You will not see the pop-up message windows again, and you will not be prompted to enter the network key of
    the previously accessed wireless network (unless you perform a hard reset which will erase custom settings on your device).

Note Wi-Fi networks are self-discoverable, which means no additional steps are required for your device to connect to a Wi-Fi network. It may be necessary to provide a username and password for certain closed wireless networks.

To check wireless network status

You can check the current wireless connection status from any of the following screens of your device:

• Title bar.

When you enable Wi-Fi on your device, the Wi-Fi ON icon will appear on the title bar.

After Wi-Fi is turned on, your device scans for available wireless networks and the wireless signal icon appears on the title bar. The arrows in this icon will move back and forth while your device is scanning for a wireless network signal. Once your device
    successfully connects to a wireless network, the arrows stop moving.

• Wi-Fi Status screen.Tap Start > Settings > Connections tab > Wireless LAN > Main tab to see the name of the wireless network that your device is currently connected to.

The configuration and signal quality of the wireless network are also shown.

ThreeTima, Apr 8, 2016
  4. GAS
    Gas Win User

Hi vega,
    Welcome to the Forum, you didn't mention your Fire Wall, did you try disabling it for a check and also are yours advanced sharing setting correctly set up?

5. vega Win User
    thanks Gas,
    yes I have both disabled the Windows Firewall, and the Avast. I also tried uninstalling the Avast to see if it was a problem. everything works and is seen on the network, Windows has even found my phones, and my neighbors networks, but the printers remain elusive when I use wireless.

this is something I've never come across before, a network working perfectly except for wireless printers over wireless.

vega, Apr 8, 2016
  6. It's possible that something got unchecked/checked in the settings for your wireless adapter. Also, is "File and printer sharing" checked in the firewall settings?
    Just guessing but it's always good to cover the bases.

CADesertRat, Apr 8, 2016
  7. vega Win User
    the firewall was the first thing I checked, I even went as far as uninstalling the whole AV suite.
    the adapter settings are the same as they were with win7 which worked.

I feel there is something that Windows10 is running or has changed in the networking that is blocking only the printers, as my phones, TV's, BR players, and all other PC's on the network can all be accessed from the Windows10 pc.

thanks again.

vega, Apr 8, 2016
  8. vega Win User

I got the printers working. It appears windows firewall still has some effect when disabled. I found an entry in the advanced firewall settings that prevented devices on the WLAN from seeing each other (which took hours to discover). once disabled windows immediately asked to install the printers. Sorry I do not remember the setting, as I gave up documenting after several hours.

the strangest part is why did the rest of the wireless network function at all?

thanks to everyone

vega, Apr 8, 2016
  9. brummyfan Win User
    Hi,
    Try ignore the neighbour's Wi-Fi if any of them present, go to Settings, Network& Internet, click Manage Known networks.

wireless network ......... [​IMG]

brummyfan, Apr 8, 2016
  10. GAS
    Gas Win User
    HI Vega, I'm back again, so it seems the problem was your FW settings, and i am glad your printers are working now, W10 cannot mess up your WLAN.
    Are you using some third parts privacy protection sw? Or did make some tweaking in the privacy settings?
    The default behaviour of W10 if you set your network as trusted works with no problems.

11. vega Win User
    it was in the windows firewall advanced settings ........

12. GAS
    Gas Win User
    Maybe your printers did scare W10, *chuckle

13. EdTittel Win User

One other useful trick I've found is to use an IP scanner to learn the IP addresses for network attached printers (which sometimes don't show up well otherwise in Windows 10 under the Add Devices and Printers heading. I use NIr Sofer's FastResolver, which does a pretty good job of running down devices by IP addresses. Then I can use the IP address for the printer to which I'd like to attach in the Add Printers dialog boxes.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

wireless network ......... [​IMG]

The DellCB745E is my Dell 2155cn network attached MFP device.

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. wireless network ......... - Similar Threads - wireless network

2. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor: I've problem with my Wireless WIFI Adaptor. Adaptor detail: Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor Latest Version of drive.When i open wifi settings and then go to show available networks then it say NO WI'FI NETWORK FOUND. I have my mobile hotspot...
  3. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor: I've problem with my Wireless WIFI Adaptor. Adaptor detail: Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor Latest Version of drive.When i open wifi settings and then go to show available networks then it say NO WI'FI NETWORK FOUND. I have my mobile hotspot...
  4. No WI-FI Network found > Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless Lan 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to restrict supplicant from connecting to enterprise wireless WPA2-EAP networks with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict supplicant from connecting to enterprise wireless WPA2-EAP networks with...: Is there a way to restrict clients let's say Windows 10 machines from connecting to any enterprise wireless apart from those with trusted certificates? Other types of networks open, wpa-psk etc. should remain unrestricted....
  6. How to restrict supplicant from connecting to enterprise wireless WPA2-EAP networks with...

How to restrict supplicant from connecting to enterprise wireless WPA2-EAP networks with...: Is there a way to restrict clients let's say Windows 10 machines from connecting to any enterprise wireless apart from those with trusted certificates? Other types of networks open, wpa-psk etc. should remain unrestricted....
  7. How to restrict supplicant from connecting to enterprise wireless WPA2-EAP networks with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting: Hi, I'm having issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. I've booted it up to find that no WiFi connections are appearing, and I've been offline for several days. My other devices are connected as normal.After some quick research, I've opened Device Manager and found the fault is...
  9. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting: Hi, I'm having issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. I've booted it up to find that no WiFi connections are appearing, and I've been offline for several days. My other devices are connected as normal.After some quick research, I've opened Device Manager and found the fault is...
  10. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware