Windows 10: Wireless networking adapter is missing and can't be re-installed

Discus and support Wireless networking adapter is missing and can't be re-installed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HP Envy laptop Used the Apple updater to update to the latest version of iTunes. After re-starting, I have no wireless networks: the adapter is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeteS_06333, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Wireless networking adapter is missing and can't be re-installed

HP Envy laptop

Used the Apple updater to update to the latest version of iTunes. After re-starting, I have no wireless networks: the adapter is missing from Device Manager. System restore did not solve the issue. Tried installing the driver, both using the HP assistant and manually. Each time it says that it installed correctly, but is still missing from device list. Network troubleshooter was useless - doesn't find anything wrong. This evening, I updated Windows and still no joy after that restart.

This is the third time this has happened from iTunes updates. Unfortunately I don't remember what I did to solve the previous problems - they happen about 12-16 months. Need to solve quickly - tethered to the Ethernet is not easy.

Thanks.

Pete

:)

PeteS_06333, Nov 10, 2019

2. Wireless Network adapter missing from PC

Hi See if this helps!

• Open Device Manager, open the drop-down Network adpaters
    • Right-click Network adapters
    • Select Scan for hardware changes
    • If you can't see your Wireless adapter, go to step 11
    • If you can see it, right-click on the adapter
    • Select Uninstall ( this should only uninstall you driver software,
      not delete it
      )
    • Now right-click Network adapters again
    • Select Scan for hardware changes. This should re-detect your wireless adapter)
    • Once detected, restart you machine
    • Make sure your Wireless adapter in Network And Sharing Center is Enabled. Now try what you have to.
    • If you cant find you your Wireless adapter device, you may need to properly install a wireless adapter driver. You'll have to do it perfectly, or have a service person do it for your machine

garybear89, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Wireless networking adapter is missing and can't be re-installed

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Wireless networking adapter is missing and can't be re-installed

1. Wireless networking adapter is missing and can't be re-installed - Similar Threads - Wireless networking adapter

2. Missing Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wireless Network Adapter: Hello! I suddenly encountered an issue where no wifi networks are available. I attempted to resolve this by reinstalling my wireless network adapter. I uninstalled it through the device manager and then restarted the computer. However, the wireless network adapter was not...
  3. Missing Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Wireless Network Adapter: Hello! I suddenly encountered an issue where no wifi networks are available. I attempted to resolve this by reinstalling my wireless network adapter. I uninstalled it through the device manager and then restarted the computer. However, the wireless network adapter was not...
  4. Missing Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing wireless Network adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing wireless Network adapter: I guy's don't know how to start cause it has cost me a lot. I accidentally deleted a partition, after restarting my laptop I got an error saying operating system not found. I had to go to a laptop repair shop to fix it, after fixing I realized that my PC doesn't contain any...
  6. Wireless Network Adapter Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter Missing: Hello allI recently moved to a new appartment and installed my desktop pc in my new bureau. Today as I was downloading stuff, I realized that my WIFI Antenna was not plugged in at all. Maybe I did the mistake here: While I was still in Windows and my pc was running, I pluged...
  7. Wireless Network Adapter Missing

Wireless Network Adapter Missing: Hello allI recently moved to a new appartment and installed my desktop pc in my new bureau. Today as I was downloading stuff, I realized that my WIFI Antenna was not plugged in at all. Maybe I did the mistake here: While I was still in Windows and my pc was running, I pluged...
  8. Wireless Network Adapter Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Wireless Network Adapter Missing

Wireless Network Adapter Missing: Hi all. I'm currently pissed because I find that my laptop lost it Wireless Network Adapter because probably because a VPN. I used Hide.me a few years ago in my laptop and I had no problems with it. 2 days ago the issue occured and I somehow fixed it by clean boot. Now it...
  10. Missing Wireless Network Adapter

Missing Wireless Network Adapter: Recently, after about a month of not using my laptop, I tried the other day to reconnect with the web. However I discovered that the only access was via ethernet. I did a troubleshoot, but still the same result. So I did a factory reset, hoping that this would solve the...