Windows 10: Wireless networking with Windows 10

Discus and support Wireless networking with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been plagued with network problems for what seems years, and every time I think it's resolved, it comes back again, albeit with different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lindsay Graham, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Wireless networking with Windows 10

I've been plagued with network problems for what seems years, and every time I think it's resolved, it comes back again, albeit with different symptoms. Hope someone can find the magic bullet for me.We have 2 laptop computers A and B and 1 desktop C at home, all running Windows 10. A and B have update 1903, C has update 1809. All network settings have been updated using "Sharing files using advanced settings" at https://pureinfotech.com/setup-network-file-sharing-windows-10/ as recommended in this Community, and all computers were then rebooted.But now: * A cannot see B or C. * B can see the shared folder on A and can access files in that folder. B can see the shared folder on C, but cannot access the files in that folder -- error message says "Windows cannot access C. You do not have permission to access C. ..." * C cannot see A. C can see the shared folder on B, but cannot access files in that folder -- error message says "Windows cannot access B. Check the spelling of the name [done]. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. ... click Diagnose ... [which said 'Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem'].Any suggestions? Very grateful for any help.Lindsay Graham

Canberra, Australia

:)

Lindsay Graham, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Wireless networking with Windows 10 :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Wireless networking with Windows 10

Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Wireless networking with Windows 10

1. Wireless networking with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wireless networking

2. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting: Hi, I'm having issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. I've booted it up to find that no WiFi connections are appearing, and I've been offline for several days. My other devices are connected as normal.After some quick research, I've opened Device Manager and found the fault is...
  3. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting: Hi, I'm having issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. I've booted it up to find that no WiFi connections are appearing, and I've been offline for several days. My other devices are connected as normal.After some quick research, I've opened Device Manager and found the fault is...
  4. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  6. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  7. My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks: I have a Dell laptop from 2018 with Windows 10. Usually I use Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet and therefore, I had not paid attention that the laptop did not display the names of the wifi networks, which means I cannot connect to the Internet with WiFi. When I...
  8. My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks

My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks: I have a Dell laptop from 2018 with Windows 10. Usually I use Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet and therefore, I had not paid attention that the laptop did not display the names of the wifi networks, which means I cannot connect to the Internet with WiFi. When I...
  9. My Dell laptop from 2018 does not show the wireless networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Detailed logs for wireless network in Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed logs for wireless network in Win 10 Enterprise: We have various Windows 10 Enterprise clients domain managed that have issues with our wireless network large commercial enterprise network using WPA2-Enterprise - not a home router.The network is managed by another team. I need to prove malfunctions to that team.The...