Windows 10: Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update...

Discus and support Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know this is not a new problem, but it is worth stressing to Microsoft that it still happens, and OUGHT NOT TO. As it happens, I bought a brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EdwardMartineau1, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update...

I know this is not a new problem, but it is worth stressing to Microsoft that it still happens, and OUGHT NOT TO.

As it happens, I bought a brand new printer last week, an Epson ET-3750, and installed the absolutely most up to date printer drivers (so don't try that one on me).

I have a small network at home - wireless printer and two PCs, one on each floor of the house. One runs Windows 7. The other runs Windows 10-64 bit.

This morning, the Windows 7 machine was still happily connected to the Epson. The Windows 10 machine was not, and there was no sign of the printer having been installed.

I have reinstalled the printer (yes, I know it only takes five minutes.....), but this is from my researches a recurring problem which Microsoft simply cannot be bothered to fix.

Please DO fix it!

Edward Martineau

:)

EdwardMartineau1, Nov 14, 2018

2. wireless printer

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 driver?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL345...

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

Gather the following items:

Network name: The network name is the SSID.

Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

A computer that is connected to the wireless network

Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

note:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 2: Connect your wireless printer to a wireless network

Connect your printer to your wireless network using the following steps.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 3: Download and install the printer software

Andre Da Costa, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Win 10 - Uninstall/Print Problems

Hi,

I appreciate for trying the steps to uninstall the printer.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Is the printer connected through wired or wireless?

• When you say “uninstall/remove device from system part just hangs with a green bar that continues blissfully” what exact error message/error code do you receive?

• Are you the admin of the computer?
    Let’s follow the steps below to uninstall the printer.

As an initial steps, I suggest you to try uninstalling the printer application through Programs and Features and check if it helps.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features in the list of results.

• In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

• Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Reference: HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update...

Printer not printing after installing the device on the PC on Windows 10.

Hi Yitzchak,

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

• Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update...

1. Wireless printer software uninstalled as a result of installation of Windows Update... - Similar Threads - Wireless printer software

2. Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer: Windows keeps trying to download a driver update for a printer that was previously uninstalled. How do I get Windows to stop trying to download this driver, and how do I fix whatever issue is prompting Windows to download this driver in the first place?...
  3. Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update Install error - 0x800f020b for uninstalled printer: Windows keeps trying to download a driver update for a printer that was previously uninstalled. How do I get Windows to stop trying to download this driver, and how do I fix whatever issue is prompting Windows to download this driver in the first place?...
  4. Cannot install/uninstall a software

Cannot install/uninstall a software: Hi! I installed Ivanti Endpoint Manager. I used it for a while. A new version became available. When I was updating it, something went wrong and it failed to upgrade. Please see the screenshot for details. Now, I am trying to completely uninstall this application but it gets...
  5. Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Printer Icon to already installed wireless printer: I'm running a new HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 Home - The Microsoft set-up instalIed my wireless printers during set up but did not create an icon for me to access the printer functions to make choices. I have wireless access to my HP Laserjet Pro MFP M426fdw printer...
  6. Installing a software after uninstalling

Installing a software after uninstalling: Hi, I have a problem with installing a program I recently uninstalled. I was installing the update of the program then I get the error: 'An error -5005 : 0x80070002 has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other...
  7. Problem Uninstalling Printer Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Uninstalling Printer Software: Hi, I am trying to unistall printer software and each time it is failing and showing the following message. I am using an admin level login account. Please advise how I can overcome this and uninstall the software. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. Problem Uninstalling Printer Software

Problem Uninstalling Printer Software: Hi, When Scanning to computer (JPEG Image) my image is being split and apparently the fix is to open the Printer software and change an advanced setting to turn off auto-crop. It's an HP envy 5530 Printer. I can't seem to get into the HP Printer assistant without...
  9. Install printer software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install printer software: I’ve bought a new computer running Windows 10 but I have a printer hp officejet 4500 that uses Windows 7 installation software. How can I install the printer software?...
  10. updates uninstall printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    updates uninstall printer: When updating to creators 1703 and 1709 both times it in-installed my printer. I had to reinstall the printer both times. The printer is a HP office jet 4500. How can I prevent this from happening in the future. Note even though I deleted the four MS printers that it seems...