Windows 10: Wireless printers stopped working

Discus and support Wireless printers stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 3 wireless printers and 3 pc’s all running Win 10. until the week before last, all pc’s could print on all 3 printers ... and then all 3 pc’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterConno, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Wireless printers stopped working

I have 3 wireless printers and 3 pc’s all running Win 10.

until the week before last, all pc’s could print on all 3 printers ... and then all 3 pc’s get print errors and cannot print

i’ve deleted and tried to install one printer on one pc, but it cannot find any printers ... it can see my wifi tv’s etc when I try to add new wireless devices, just cannot see the printer.

i’ve checked that the printers and pc are both connected to the same bt hub.

i’ve tried disabling Kaspersky ... all without success

can anyone help?

what changed in the last week or two?

peter

:)

PeterConno, Nov 15, 2018

2. in windows 10 how do i turn on my wireless printer

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the printer and the computer?

As you have mentioned that “I cannot turn on my wireless printer. it says my radio is off”
    which means the wireless button might not have turned ‘ON’ on your printer.

So I suggest you to check for the wireless button on the printer and turn it ‘ON’ then follow the below steps to ‘ADD’ the wireless printer on your computer and connect it, check if it helps.

• In the Search box type as ‘Device and Printers’.
    • Click on ‘Add a printer’ you will find the wireless printer is displayed on your computer.
    • Click on the printer and click on ‘Next’.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction and connect the computer and printer.

If still you are facing issue in connecting the wireless printer then I suggest you to refer to the printer manual and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 15, 2018
  3. wireless printer

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 driver?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL345...

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

Gather the following items:

Network name: The network name is the SSID.

Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

A computer that is connected to the wireless network

Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

note:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 2: Connect your wireless printer to a wireless network

Connect your printer to your wireless network using the following steps.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 3: Download and install the printer software

Andre Da Costa, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Kris Ver Win User

Wireless printers stopped working

Wireless Printer Problem

Hi,

Thank you for providing details about your concern. Just to verify, have you tried performing a wireless connectivity test on your printer? If not yet, you can read the instructions that came with the printer or check the printer manufacturer’s
    website for instructions on how to do this.

We also suggest running the printing troubleshooter. It can fix problems with installing and connecting to a printer. To use this:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter.
    • Click Troubleshooting from the list of results.
    • Click Use a printer under Hardware and Sound.
    • The Printer troubleshooter will begin. Select Next and follow the steps in the wizard to find and fix problems with the printer.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Kris Ver, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Wireless printers stopped working

1. Wireless printers stopped working - Similar Threads - Wireless printers stopped

2. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Stopped Working: Windows 11 Professional I have a problem since doing an inplace upgrade. My printer,a Brother HL-L2300D, doesn't work.It's connected to a USB port and when I try to print something, fromany program, it just sits in the queue and nothing happens. However I*can* print to my...
  3. Printer stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer stopped working.: The printer has worked for many years and I can print from my iPhone and from a laptop. Using Manage your device under Settings the following takes place. If I ask to print a test page data are sent to the buffer and it states Printing but eventually it displays...
  4. Printer stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Printer stopped working: Printer stopped working after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-working/72d66b80-539e-4410-b3dd-449c3902d87c
  5. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer Stopped Working: My windows 10 recently updates occurred and now my printer doesn't print anymore. There is a tab opens up every time a click on a new page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-working/d35efa0d-ab2b-4760-8743-ea67ec8954b1
  6. wireless printer will not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless printer will not work: My wireless printer will not print. In settings it says "offlline." Is that the problem and how do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-will-not-work/9fbfd205-5a58-423e-90fd-53279cb31a71
  7. Printer stopped working

Printer stopped working: I am running windows 10 on a 4 year old computer and about 6 weeks ago my printer stopped working. The printer was hooked up and could be "seen" by the computer but if I sent a job to it I got a "problem with the printer set up" error message. I updated printer drivers...
  8. Wireless Printer abruptly stopped printing

Wireless Printer abruptly stopped printing: My printer abruptly stopped printing and I have done everything and now I read windows 10 has a print problem when you have a firewall runnin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-abruptly-stopped-printing/8d38d671-4a1c-41e6-928f-64857593d53c
  9. Printer stopped working

Printer stopped working: My HP printer stopped working on my Windows 10 machine. I have removed and reinstalled the printer and updated the driver with no luck. Device manager says device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Please help, thank you!...
  10. printer stopped working

printer stopped working: I have a fairly new Dell computer. I use an epson xp-610 all in one printer. It has always worked fine. I did not make any changes unless windows updates cause an issue. I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting to solve this issue. I tried to use microsoft to look for...