Windows 10: wireless scanner problems.....

Discus and support wireless scanner problems..... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently reinstalled windows 10 and connected wirelessly to my printer/scanner (HP 7160) It seemed to connect fine at first, I downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spaciousmind, Nov 10, 2019.

1. wireless scanner problems.....

Hey all, I recently reinstalled windows 10 and connected wirelessly to my printer/scanner (HP 7160)
    It seemed to connect fine at first, I downloaded windows scan and scanned a couple things. That's all fine and dandy, I didn't like the software so downloaded some open source scanned software called NAPS2....

it saw my printer initially but threw up an error when I tried to connect.
    Then I tried clicking TWAIN but it said I didn't have any drivers, now it won't even discover the printer.

So I installed the HP drivers and software, tried their software to scan a few things, which seems buggy but it works most of the time. The problem is their software is shit and now I can't even discover my printer with windows scan OR NAPS2.

I can see it in the control panel, and it says it's online still.
    Seems very temperamental can anybody suggest a solution? I would love to be able to use NAPS2 or something similar if it would only work!!!

I feel like installing the HP drivers actually made it worse since windows scan won't work now.

Thanks

:)

spaciousmind, Nov 10, 2019

2. Scanner Problem

Hi,

This issue you're experiencing with your scanner is because the network signal is loosing connection and freezing the scan task or the previous scan operation never ended. For us to better assist you with your issue on your scanner, we'd like to ask a few
    questions.

• Have you made any changes or updates to your computer prior to this?
    • Have you tried uninstalling the scanner software?
    • Are you using a wired or a wireless scanner?
    • Have you tried unplugging the power cord from back of the scanner while the scanner is on?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Wireless Printer/Scanner

Hi

I'm new at wireless printer/scanner set up. I need to scan something and scanner does not show connected to internet. Thanks if you have a suggestion.

Wallace MK, Nov 10, 2019
  4. wireless scanner problems.....

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

wireless scanner problems.....

1. wireless scanner problems..... - Similar Threads - wireless scanner problems

2. Scanner problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner problem: I have Windows 7 & an HP OfficeJet printer. I can print, but suddenly I can't scan. Message says "No computer found" when I try to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-problem/ef259c19-751b-44a7-8eea-732882e39a9d
  3. Scanner problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner problem: I have Windows 7 & an HP OfficeJet printer. I can print, but suddenly I can't scan. Message says "No computer found" when I try to scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-problem/ef259c19-751b-44a7-8eea-732882e39a9d
  4. Scanner problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner problem: Can someone please tell me how I can get my scanner visible to the computer. It sees my printer but not my scanner. When I try to scan it say to connect a scanner. I am using a brother printer scanner copier. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems like I spend more...
  5. wireless printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless printer/scanner: I have an HP printer/scanner connected to my computer wirelessly with a downloaded driver. It printsfrom my computer just fine, but I can't figure out how to get the device to scan pagesto my computer....
  6. Scanner problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanner problems: Yesterday, a new icon appeared on my bottom toolbar. It has a red X through it, and when I point at it, the message states "Scan to Computer is currently unavailable" I can still scan, but now I don't know where my scans are going. They used to appear on my desktop. I...
  7. wireless scanner problems.....

in Windows 10 Support
    wireless scanner problems.....: Hey all, I recently reinstalled windows 10 and connected wirelessly to my printer/scanner (HP 7160) It seemed to connect fine at first, I downloaded windows scan and scanned a couple things. That's all fine and dandy, I didn't like the software so downloaded some open source...
  8. Wireless Printer/Scanner

Wireless Printer/Scanner: Hi I'm new at wireless printer/scanner set up. I need to scan something and scanner does not show connected to internet. Thanks if you have a suggestion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printerscanner/276e31d6-2d16-458f-a679-073c35b39444
  9. Scanner Problems

Scanner Problems: I have a problem with my scanner as it will not connect to my laptop as it shows on the screen ' computer cannot be found ' at present as it has worked before on 2 occasions Once when the laptop did a Feature Update When I changed the name of the laptop On both occasions...
  10. problem with a scanner

problem with a scanner: I have a problem with Brother HL-3180CDW printer. When I used Windows 7, it worked OK. But I have upgraded to Windows 10 and currently Windows Defender blocks scanning. So, I cannot save the scanned documents and email them. My Windows version is 1803 (OS build 1734.228)....