Windows 10: Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

Discus and support Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichJamesRJ, May 3, 2022.

1. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the ethernet socket this is what I get. For reasons I won't bore you with I can't use the ethernet socket and so am having to rely on Wifi for my connection.I have an Gaming Motherboard MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge with an 801.ac adapter and when I click on 'network and Internet' and view my active network I can see that the speed fluctuates on this screen between 300Mbps and 390Mbps Image below shows 325Mbps. So it seems like my adapter can handle the

:)

RichJamesRJ, May 3, 2022
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hi

If a website has a slow server, a fast internet connection may be experienced but may have very slow download speeds. Download speed will be affected with the website server as it also impact your internet connection speed.

You may try a test with other websites and check the results with the website that you are experiencing slow download speed.

Meanwhile, kindly click on this link and find the post created by Santos_Rai
    to troubleshoot network and incoming internet connection.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, May 3, 2022
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 3, 2022
  4. Helmut Win User

Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

Slow wireless speed

Depends on your hardware at each end of the Wireless link. You have not said what it is.

The wireless connection speed will be the slowest of the two bits of wireless hardware. Not all hardware is dual band. Even if it does have 5 GHz it could just be 1 channel, or could be 4.

Have you installed the Windows 10 Wireless Card driver for whatever Wireless Card you have added to your PC assuming it's the one you have listed, and are the aerials plugged in.

Helmut, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

1. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC - Similar Threads - Wireless Speed Fast

2. Slow download speed on laptop but fast on phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed on laptop but fast on phone: Last week I was trying to update a game called Warframe where it was taking me 5 hours to download a 60 MB update and I started to tinker my settings but strangely, at 11pm it started to download quickly so I shrugged it off but I was still a bit sketchy. A week later, I...
  3. Slow download speed on laptop but fast on phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed on laptop but fast on phone: Last week I was trying to update a game called Warframe where it was taking me 5 hours to download a 60 MB update and I started to tinker my settings but strangely, at 11pm it started to download quickly so I shrugged it off but I was still a bit sketchy. A week later, I...
  4. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC: HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the ethernet socket this is what I get. For reasons I won't bore you with I can't use the ethernet socket and so am having to rely...
  5. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC: HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the ethernet socket this is what I get. For reasons I won't bore you with I can't use the ethernet socket and so am having to rely...
  6. fast pc speed test slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  7. fast pc speed test slow

fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  8. Slow wireless speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow wireless speed: I have a clean install of w10 pro.Even sited next to router it very rarely goes to 5g. Speed is 48kbs I am on 950mbps down & 45 up. Any ideas how to fix this please W10 v10/1943 179871
  9. Slow Internet on pc but fast on phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Internet on pc but fast on phone: Hi I have a problem on my PC I get slow wifi speed test says 2mbs on the pc but on my phone it around 25mbps so any help would be appreciated submitted by /u/Aldrey0623 [link] [comments]...
  10. Wireless network speed fast on laptop and slow on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless network speed fast on laptop and slow on PC: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my internet speed on my PC. I have a virgin media 350mbps fiber optic internet at home. The router is in the living room behind the TV. My pc is in my bedroom on the other side of the house. When i run internet speed tests on my pc i get...