Windows 10: Wireless Speed is slow and limited in windows 10

Discus and support Wireless Speed is slow and limited in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I know this topic is asked many times, but I still didn't find any solution for my issue. The problem is my wireless speed is not normal, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evan Gunawan, May 17, 2019.

1. Wireless Speed is slow and limited in windows 10

Hello!

I know this topic is asked many times, but I still didn't find any solution for my issue.

The problem is my wireless speed is not normal, it is limited/capped to ~4Mbps (~500KB/s), it should be ~60Mbps to connect to the internet.

I found some points regarding this issue.

• My wireless speed is normal in Ubuntu, with the same device. It means that the problem is not my hardware, the problem is in Windows driver or software.
    • My wireless transfer speed is limited to ~4Mbps when I copy a file from a local network location (my PC).
    • I tried to install and re-install network drivers.
    • I even fresh install windows into a new disk (I just bought a new disk to replace this laptop's old one), and the problem occurs before I install lot of programs.
    • The speed still limited using 802.11bg connection (Its different, limited at ~16Mbps).
    • I tried many 'common ways' starting from flushing dns, reinstall drivers, and etc.
    • My wireless network interface is Qualcomm Atheros AR956x.
    • LAN connection using cable does not have any problem.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much.

:)

Evan Gunawan, May 17, 2019

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited

Hi,

I Have installed on my brand new laptop windows 10 Home "already updated", I have a 10 Mbps internet connection but only reaches 1.2 Mbps, I ran a speed test on my phone that uses the same WiFi and is reaching 9 Mbps. Something is limiting the bandwidth
    almost in 90% of its capacity, WiFi driver is Updated and I'm sitting next to the modem to get a better signal strength and I get full signal bars but the speed still the same, I already tried some basic troubleshooting suggested by Microsoft but still does
    not work, I don't think something is consuming the bandwidth because my phone gets a good speed. I don't know what else to do.

Modified title from: Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSHNKANTAM, May 17, 2019
  4. Wireless Speed is slow and limited in windows 10

ReubenFaleiro, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Wireless Speed is slow and limited in windows 10

1. Wireless Speed is slow and limited in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Wireless Speed slow

2. Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Speed - Fast on phone and slow on PC: HiIf anyone could help me understand an issue I'm having I would be greatful.I pay my ISP for 360Mbps download speed and when I'm hardwired in to the ethernet socket this is what I get. For reasons I won't bore you with I can't use the ethernet socket and so am having to rely...
  3. Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.: I currently have a 300-400 mbps wifi speed via my modem. All other devices in my house including another windows 10 PC consistently get this speed on wifi. My personal PC received this same speed when I initially installed my new modem, but ever since has only been able to...
  4. Slow wireless speed

Slow wireless speed: I have a clean install of w10 pro.Even sited next to router it very rarely goes to 5g. Speed is 48kbs I am on 950mbps down & 45 up. Any ideas how to fix this please W10 v10/1943 179871
  5. Windows 10 Limiting speed

Windows 10 Limiting speed: I have tried many many Netsch steps and driver settings for getting my speed up. Its a hardwired connection and I get 400/400 from my ISP. For some reason I feel as if there is something I am missing as my speed limit is 60/60 on my gaming rig....
  6. Slow speeds on 5GHZ wireless on surface.

Slow speeds on 5GHZ wireless on surface.: Speed is 40Mbps on 2.4Ghz wifi but 5Mbps on 5ghz. Windows is up to date. Problem occurs only on microsoft surface and not on any other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-speeds-on-5ghz-wireless-on-surface/af713f37-03ed-415a-af57-ecb88901d549
  7. Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed

Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed: Had this issue previously about a couple of months ago and solved it by doing "Network Reset" in the settings menu but now that doesn't work. Here's what I did: I flushed my DNS. I tried disabling and re-enabling my network drivers. I completely reset my network...
  8. Windows 10 copy speed limits

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 copy speed limits: Hi! My question is about speed limits in windows 10. My configs: CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X MOBO: ASUS X399 ZENITH EXTREME RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ SSD: RAID0 (2 disks) SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 250GB MZ-V7E250BW...
  9. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...
  10. Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed

Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro. Recently more than a month already(after installing Windows 10 2018 update ), I notice my wifi speed is really slow. After I did some trial, I notice I get 30mbps on windows startup, then after 5 minutes, my speed gets limited to 6mbps...