Windows 10: Wireless SSID security?

Discus and support Wireless SSID security? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to change my router's default SSID (not password) to something else, but I need to go by our following security policy which is to use wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by win10freak, May 6, 2018.

1. Wireless SSID security?

I need to change my router's default SSID (not password) to something else, but I need to go by our following security policy which is to use wireless SSIDs that ARE NOT the manufacturer’s default but to a pseudo random word.

Can you please provide me with some examples on what would be a pseudo random word?
    Does pseudo random word mean a random mix of letters only or it can also include numbers as well?

Please provide some examples.

:)

win10freak, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Wireless SSID security?

1. Wireless SSID security? - Similar Threads - Wireless SSID security

2. SSID not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSID not showing up.: I recently tried to change the SSID from default but I did a small mistake. My Modem was Dlink DIR-809. I went to the link, logged in and went to the wireless section and clicked on wireless network setup wizardoption at the top and changed the ssid and clicked next. And I...
  3. SSID not displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSID not displaying: Hi Can't figure this out.. I have two laptops sitting side by side, one displays my home wifi SSID, and one doesn't. Both are running Windows 7-Pro. All the settings that I can find are set the same and I even manually entered the wifi address, but it just won't show up. All...
  4. SSID not displaying

SSID not displaying: Hi Can't figure this out.. I have two laptops sitting side by side, one displays my home wifi SSID, and one doesn't. Both are running Windows 7-Pro. All the settings that I can find are set the same and I even manually entered the wifi address, but it just won't show up. All...
  5. Wireless connection issues when moving from a RADIUS wireless SSID to a non-RADIUS network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless connection issues when moving from a RADIUS wireless SSID to a non-RADIUS network: Hello, we are having issues when clients move from a RADIUS based SSID to a non-RADIUS based SSID. The computers are domain joined and utilize RADIUS through a NPS server on the network. We have found that when a computer connects to the RADIUS based network and then attempts...
  6. Wireless connection issues when moving from a RADIUS wireless SSID to a non-RADIUS network

Wireless connection issues when moving from a RADIUS wireless SSID to a non-RADIUS network: Hello, we are having issues when clients move from a RADIUS based SSID to a non-RADIUS based SSID. The computers are domain joined and utilize RADIUS through a NPS server on the network. We have found that when a computer connects to the RADIUS based network and then attempts...
  7. Wireless connection issues when moving from a RADIUS wireless SSID to a non-RADIUS network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. intrusion with no SSID

intrusion with no SSID: i think a hacker maybe or IANA ICANN is causing disruption in service from research before had to replace router also has started again its unblock able and people do alk by dont know if its something more to it higher auth etc...
  9. WiFi inexplicably drops, multiple Wireless Networks reported for single SSID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi inexplicably drops, multiple Wireless Networks reported for single SSID: I'm having a few issues with an Asus USB-AC53 Nano 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wifi dongle that I'm trying to troubleshoot, but there is scant documentation about the properties found on the Advanced Tab. I'm posting here on the Microsoft board because I'm suspicious that Windows MAY...
  10. SSID fix

SSID fix: Recently made some updates to my Lenovo PC and since then have had internet connectivity problems. Restored computer to it's most recent restore point and that solved the connectivity problem but I continue to see the wireless network which I'm connected to, incorrectly...