Windows 10: Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update

Discus and support Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 9370. I also have a Logitech T650 wireless trackpad and a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard. Everything was working fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LadyFlorenceCraye, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update

I use Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 9370. I also have a Logitech T650 wireless trackpad and a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard. Everything was working fine until I installed some Windows updates last week.

Now the keyboard suddenly gets stuck and repeats random keys from time to time. Like thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The trackpad is either not recognised at all, only recognised for the first 2m30 after a restart, or it works but badly and none of the settings can be changed from the default - the Logitech SetPoint software doesn't recognise it. I've checked for updated drivers, latest software, uninstalled, reinstalled etc. to no avail.

This is driving me mad, so any suggestions as to how to get it working again would be very gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

:)

LadyFlorenceCraye, Apr 29, 2019

2. Asus X205TA - System Recovery - Keyboard, trackpad and other devices not working

I wanted to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on the Asus X205TA.

Steps that I did

1.- Create a bootable USB with Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

2. Run the USB as a boot drive to start the installation.

3.- In the installation screen, not let me use the trackpad to perform the following steps so I connected a wireless mouse.

4.- I proceeded with the installation, but also I erased all partitions.

5.- After having the hard drive erased completely I proceeded to install Windows.

6.- The installation process is correct.

7.- To configure the equipment not let me use the keyboard so I use the on-screen keyboard.

8.- After completing the installation and configuration, not let me use the mouse, keyboard, does not recognize the audio device.

The keyboard does work, because to access the list of boot devices I must press the "Esc" key and it works, also to enter the BIOS works, but once the operating system starts I no longer allow to make use of the devices that make
    up the computer.

I tried to boot a bootable USB with Windows 8.1 but will not let me make use of the trackpad and keyboard.

The computer is UEFI.

I do not know what else to do.

ItsJorgeRazo, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Keyboard and trackpad stopped working since windows 10 update

Since December's update both my mouse and trackpad have stopped working. The keyboard was sticky to begin with but within a few days several keys have completely stopped working. Now the trackpad has completely stopped.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting as suggested on on another site.

Any ideas?

Treacletart, Apr 29, 2019
  4. UKdarren Win User

Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update

Keyboard and Trackpad not working

Exact same problem for me too with Asus X502C Laptop. It happened immediately after the most recent Microsoft updates installed. Perfectly OK before, no laptop keyboard or trackpad working afterwards. External keyboard does not work, but external mouse does.

Exactly the same issue as previous contributor, therefore this can only be a software issue caused by the Microsoft update rather than a hardware issue.

Any suggestions please? Nothing I've tried so far makes any difference.

UKdarren, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update

1. Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update - Similar Threads - Wireless trackpad keyboard

2. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?: i have a wireless keyboard with a trackpad. turned the PC on today the trackpad isn't working and no cursor. bought it the keyboard a couple of weeks ago. was working fine until today. The keyboard Ritek doesn't appear by name in the device manager and neither does the...
  3. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?: i have a wireless keyboard with a trackpad. turned the PC on today the trackpad isn't working and no cursor. bought it the keyboard a couple of weeks ago. was working fine until today. The keyboard Ritek doesn't appear by name in the device manager and neither does the...
  4. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  6. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  7. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. After Windows 10, version 20H2 Update, keyboard and trackpad are not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10, version 20H2 Update, keyboard and trackpad are not working: Hi All,I'm facing issue with the new update: Windows 10, version 20H2, in terms of functionality loss of Keyboard and Touchpad. I'm currently using HP 2-in-1 notebook and I have disabled the touch capability of my system.Furthermore, I have already tried following set of...
  9. Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows: So i had to to do a factory reset on my surface laptop 3. When it was almost finished it kept flashing the blue screen saying "your pc ran into a problem, we'll restart it for you" it was trying to restart and it would just go on a loop all day. So what i did was downloaded...
  10. Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated: I have HP X-360 touchscreen laptop with windows 10 installed, recently its display was broken and the touch started misbehaving so I disabled the touch screen from a local technician, now when I install window updates the keyboard and track pad stops working and I have to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp after update trackpad and keyboard no longer works

2. logitech t650