Windows 10: Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

Discus and support Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the same grief I had upgrading to 10, I was finally able to upgrade to 1607 (anniversary version). My wireless usb adapter worked flawlessly for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Coastalguy, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

After the same grief I had upgrading to 10, I was finally able to upgrade to 1607 (anniversary version). My wireless usb adapter worked flawlessly for internet access all through the update, however once completed, and it restarted to the 1607 update, my usb adapter went south. I uninstalled the driver (Netgear WNDA3100v2), and tried to re-install from the DVD, but at the point that it said to attach the device, I was left with the window to wait that the application was proceeding. After 1/2 hour, I had to reboot. Then went into the Device manager, where this driver did show and went through the re-install. After several minutes, received an error that it could not install. Figuring a new adapter would work, purchased a Linksys WUSB6100M, with the same results. Windows doesn't recognize the adapter when plugged in, and cannot install the software as it just stops 1/2 way through it. Tried re-booting but again nothing. I now have no internet to see if a Windows update would provide a driver. Disgusted with Windows 10, once again.

:)

Coastalguy, Sep 20, 2016

2. After Win 10 upgrade my Dell 1703 Wireless adapter has LIMITED function..using usb wifi adapter to access DSL

After Win 10 upgrade my Dell 1703 Wireless adapter has LIMITED function..using usb wifi adapter to access DSL

Adapter worked with Win 8.1 but has only shown limited function after Win 10 installed.

Must used USB adapter to gain access to DSL ..

Anyone found a fix...

I have uninstalled , re-installed, checked drivers, etc...

Since DSL was fine until Win 10 upgrade I assume this is a windows problem>>>

Thanks

RitaAdamsSC, Sep 20, 2016
  3. windows 10 updates and anniversary update and Linksys AE1200 network adapter incompatibility

As the Linksys AE 1200 network adapter driver was not compatible with the Windows 10 Anniversary update and Linksys had no driver update in the foreseeable future and reinstalling the driver in compatibility mode did not solve the issue I purchased a D-Link
    Wireless N300 USB Adapter installed it and the problem is now solved and I have downloaded to the Anniversary update. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

DanLacelle, Sep 20, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

Adalwar, Sep 20, 2016
  5. After spending hours upgrading to 1607 and having my wifi usb quit, just rolled back to 1511 and immediately it came right back up. Obviously, a major problem on 1607 with usb wifi devices. Will upgrade later, after Microsoft provides a fix for this.

Coastalguy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

1. Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary - Similar Threads - Wireless USB adapter

2. Wireless adapter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter problem: My wireless adapter at random times fails randomly. The ping will jump from 30 ms to 4 seconds or even time out when sending the packets to the router via ping. It happened after the Windows update. Before that he never had this problem. Is there any way to fix this problem?...
  3. Wireless adapter problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter problem: My wireless adapter at random times fails randomly. The ping will jump from 30 ms to 4 seconds or even time out when sending the packets to the router via ping. It happened after the Windows update. Before that he never had this problem. Is there any way to fix this problem?...
  4. Wireless adapter problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter problems: I accidentally deleted the wireless adapter on my PC. How do I reinstall it? I tried a system restore but they keep failing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-problems/91ce3847-8964-41a5-93f8-557cea221ca1
  5. Wireless adapter problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter problems: I accidentally deleted the wireless adapter on my PC. How do I reinstall it? I tried a system restore but they keep failing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-problems/91ce3847-8964-41a5-93f8-557cea221ca1
  6. wireless adapter problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless adapter problem: My wireless adapter randomly Happened after a Windows update. Before that he never had this problem. Is there any way to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-problem/4ec9e317-3bd7-44e7-9934-be89bcadf04e
  7. wireless adapter problem

wireless adapter problem: My wireless adapter on random time and day it randomly bugs out the windows diagnostic found theres a problem with the adapter or the access point so it resets which fixes it. resetting it myself works also. The ping will jump from 30ms to 4 secs or even timing out on...
  8. Problem installing USB wireless adapter

Problem installing USB wireless adapter: I just bought a couple of USB wireless adapter from Amazon. They are supposedly PnP, but Windows 10 refuses to recognize each for what it is. Both show up as storage drives under Portable Devices in Device Manager and with a drive letter assigned in Disk Management. They...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update broke my TL-WN725N USB Wireless Adapter: Everything worked fine before the Anniversary Update. Now i cannot setup a hotspot. I reinstalled the drivers that Windows installs by default for the device (Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter - worked before the update). Tried to update it from...
  10. Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anniversary Update and Asus USB-AC56 Wireless Adapter: I've been using an Asus USB-AC56 wireless adapter with my desktop. Windows 10 Pro with Anniversary Update. This wireless adapter used to work well with my desktop before the Anniversary Update, and now it connects for a little while and then disconnects. Windows actually...