Windows 10: Wireless USB Keybrd/Mouse combo prevents Win10 from turning screen off

Discus and support Wireless USB Keybrd/Mouse combo prevents Win10 from turning screen off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi TenForums! I recently bought a new Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard and Mouse Combo, which comes with a USB transceiver. I have my screens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FEPEC, Feb 14, 2021.

1. FEPEC Win User

Wireless USB Keybrd/Mouse combo prevents Win10 from turning screen off

Hi TenForums!

I recently bought a new Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 Keyboard and Mouse Combo, which comes with a USB transceiver. I have my screens (laptop and external screen) set to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. The screens do turn off, but immediately turn on again.

I've narrowed down the problem to the combo because when I unplug the transceiver, the screens stay off. I've also gone to Microsoft's support page and downloaded the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. Is there any way to see what the combo is doing to turn on the screen again? I'd prefer not to block the combo from waking up the screen completely via the device manager.

Thanks in advance!

Win10 20H2 (build 19042.804)

:)

FEPEC, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows wireless keyboard/mouse prevents screensaver / turn off screen

Hi,

I recently bought a Microsoft Wireless desktop 900 (keyboard + mouse), and when connected, it prevents the screen to turn off for power saving. It also prevents the screensaver to kick in.

I'm pretty sure it's the Wireless desktop, and particularly the USB wireless receiver. When I unplug the USB receiver, everything works ok. I also tried to remove the batteries from the keyboard and the mouse, and let the USB receiver plugged, and it also
    prevents the screen to turn off.

I tried to update the drivers, but I see nothing to update.

I'm using Windows 10 with all the possible updates. The laptop is new and so the Windows 10 install is fresh.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerard

Gerard_cat, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Wireless USB Mouse Not Working

Hello,

We appreciate that you have isolated the issue for us. Since it is not happening to other wireless USB mouse connected to the same PC and to a different PC using the same wireless USB mouse, we can verify that there is no issue with the device connection.
    Also, an outdated device has already been eliminated to the possible cause of this issue. As an initial recommendation, we would suggest that you reset the mouse itself. Here's how:

• Check the bottom of the mouse and look for a small button.
    • Press the button and start moving the mouse until the cursor on the display starts to follow your mouse movements.

Let us know the results. We'll be glad to further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 14, 2021
  4. KoRnTuNeS Win User

Wireless USB Mouse Not Working

I tried this and not worked. Also I tried this mouse different 4 laptops and it's work perfectly other laptops. Also I tried different 2 mouse on my laptop and they not work on my laptop again.

KoRnTuNeS, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Wireless USB Keybrd/Mouse combo prevents Win10 from turning screen off - Similar Threads - Wireless USB Keybrd

2. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb: hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then...
  3. microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft 5000 mouse,5050 keyboard combo wireless usb: hi- middle wheel on mouse not working properly. mouse clicks/moves pointer fine. just wheel. no chipped rubber,replaced batteries in mouse,have latest driver installed. ive removed/reinstalled mouse/keyboard.same. i scroll wheel,sometimes doesnt move ,then...
  4. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  5. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off: I have microsoft wireless mouse and when it is plugged in my screen and pc doesn't go to sleep. In device settings I have the box to "allow this device to wake up pc" unchecked In bios all the wake up devices are disabled What else can I do ?...
  6. Wireless mouse prevents screen from turning off

7. Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse prevents monitor from turning off: My screen doesn't go to sleep if my wireless mouse is plugged in, solution ? submitted by /u/PursuingAmerica [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/viosmb/wireless_mouse_prevents_monitor_from_turning_off/
  8. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording: Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my...
  9. USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Xbox Controller / Joystick preventing monitor screen display from turning off: Certain USB gamepads / joysticks / steering wheels prevent the screensaver running and/or the monitor from switching off after the time set in power and sleep settings. The screensaver will kick in but immediately exit or the monitor will go blank as if to start the...
  10. USB Mouse & keyboard Combo Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Mouse & keyboard Combo Not Working: hi guys my mouse and keyboard has just dropped out this is build 10130 has been working perfik on all previous releases any idea's was working ok after upgrade 6920