Windows 10: Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue

Discus and support Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Product: Example: HP Notebook 15 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit I turned my computer on this morning and out of no where my wifi was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _ Jason_, Jan 19, 2021.

1. _ Jason_ Win User

Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue

Product: Example: HP Notebook 15
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit

I turned my computer on this morning and out of no where my wifi was turned off and not connected to my network. When I went to reconnect it said there was no networks available. So I tried running the trouble shooter and it says nothing is wrong. I then went into my network adapters and it says the file is empty, my WIFI adpater also isnt appearing to be in my device manager under network, I scanned for hardware changes and I sall nothing new show. Also, I’ve done as much as I could in cmd prompt such as netsh , ipconfig, flush, release, and etc and ive restarted everytime. I have also reset my network but that didnt make networks to appear available either and resetting my network gave me error 56 on my network drivers. I have attempted to update and change the drivers but it either gives me an error after the install finishes or it tells me to be connected to the internet.Everytime I try and connect to internet nothing is avaible and my ethernet connection doesnt work either. I even reset my BIOS and Im still not able to connect. Does anyone have any solution before I attempt to reset my laptop? Even If I do reset my laptop will that even work?

:)

_ Jason_, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Suman_B Win User

Change ethernet connection to a wireless connection

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. What is the version and
      build of you operating system? In the Search box, type
      winver to get this info.
    2. May I know if you have already setup a Wireless network connection?
    3. When you say “change from a ethernet connection to a wireless connection” do you want to set up a Wireless network connection?

Ideally, when you have ethernet cable connected to your computer, by default, priority will be to the ethernet connection.

If you are trying to setup a new Wireless Connection then, suggest you to refer this article for
    Setting up a wireless network on your PC.

If your computer supports Wifi and you would like to create a Wireless Hotspot then, you can
    refer this article to
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot

Please reply to us with the required information. We will
    be happy to help.

I look forward to your reply

Regards,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 19, 2021
  3. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue

1. Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue - Similar Threads - Wireless WiFi Ethernet

2. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue: Lately, I have had trouble connecting to the internet in my apartment, and the issue seems to be directly related to my computer. No one else in my apartment is having issues, and I know the IPv4 address is valid. Sometimes, I can get my laptop to connect to the internet via...
  3. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue: Lately, I have had trouble connecting to the internet in my apartment, and the issue seems to be directly related to my computer. No one else in my apartment is having issues, and I know the IPv4 address is valid. Sometimes, I can get my laptop to connect to the internet via...
  4. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ethernet & WIFI connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  6. ethernet & WIFI connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  7. Ethernet or Wifi connection

Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  8. Connection Issue WiFi vs Ethernet?

Connection Issue WiFi vs Ethernet?: Lately, I seem to have a connection conflict between Wifi and Ethernet. I show my laptop as connected to both. It is in another room from the modem and router. It will disconnect periodically. I can only reconnect by restarting the computer. Wireless is strong throughout...
  9. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Connected by Ethernet and WiFi: Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these connections? 83525
  10. Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue

Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue: Hi guys. Bit of a "first world problem" here i know but it is slightly irritating and really would appreciate any help There is 2 computers and 2 virgin superhubs in the house i live in (not both mine) both ethernet connected. Occasionally i have to unplug my superhub and...