Windows 10: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller with latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Wireless Xbox 360 Controller with latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Windows 10 updated today and since then, my Xbox 360 Controller hasn't been working. My current version is 2004 (OS Build 19041.508)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snolus, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Snolus Win User

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller with latest Windows 10 update

Hello everyone.

Windows 10 updated today and since then, my Xbox 360 Controller hasn't been working.

My current version is
    2004 (OS Build 19041.508)

I have an official Xbox 360 controller and the official Play&Charge kit, though admittedly not the official wireless receiver. However, until today's update, it always worked fine. Sometimes I had to manually install drivers that Windows didn't exactly approve of ("This is not a supported driver, are you sure you want to install this" or something along those lines), but now even those don't work anymore.

I've googled a lot and tried several suggested methods of getting this to work, and I think I've restarted my PC more in the past couple of hours than ever since I installed Windows 10. I've tried removing devices, uninstalling devices, manually installing several different drivers, modifying some files to change numbers, basically pretty much anything I could find online, but the problem with googling stuff is that it has a tendency to not be very specific. Now obviously there's a chance that I'm just being a bit dense and don't need very specific instructions, but my question (tl;dr) is:

How do I get an official wireless Xbox 360 controller with the official Play&Charge Kit but without the official wireless receiver (it's probably a Chinese knock-off which has worked for me so far) to work with the latest Windows 10 update?

I'll likely soon get an Xbox One controller anyway but in the meantime I'm very stubborn and would like to figure this out because the alternative is a PS2 controller which just feels wrong after all this time with the 360.
    If anyone needs any more information please let me know, I can follow instructions well enough but am unsure what kind of information is needed.
    Also please don't tell me to get the official receiver, unless that's some sort of requirement, the knock-off I have has always worked so far and in the past 2 years or so I've always had the controller plugged in via the Play&Charge anyway and that used to work but not anymore.

Thanks in advance,
    Solus (Solus wasn't available so my username is , use either, idc)

:)

Snolus, Sep 26, 2020

2. Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi,

Compatibility issue is one of the potential reasons why the Xbox receiver cannot detect your Xbox 360 controller. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on this link below:

Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

We also suggest that you visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to calibrate your Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.

Kindly update us with results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 26, 2020
  3. nttura1 Win User
    Xbox Receiver Cannot Find Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Hi.

After Windows 10 latest updates , my xbox receiver cannot find my xbox 360 controller.

How can i fix that ?

Not : I tried the things listed below ;

*Unplugged, change the usb ports,

*Uninstall driver and install again

*Uninstall driver and choose another type of device driver ( Charge and Play kit, Xbox Receiver, Xbox Controller from the device manager)

*Try another xbox 360 wireless controller

nttura1, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Wireless Xbox 360 Controller with latest Windows 10 update

Xbox 360 controller won't connect

Hi,

You can connect an Xbox 360 controller wirelessly to your computer by using an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver only. For the instructions on how to connect your controller wirelessly using your Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver, you can follow the steps
    provided on this
    link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you connect the controller to the computer using a USB cable to test if there is an issue with the controller itself.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller with latest Windows 10 update

1. Wireless Xbox 360 Controller with latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Wireless Xbox 360

2. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I pressed the pairing button on both the adapter and my controller, both search, but...
  3. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  4. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  5. Xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox 360 wireless controller: Does anyone know where i could find the wireless receiver for windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-360-wireless-controller/7abfa4b1-3fa6-47ef-92bd-52ac0ef42edc
  6. Wireless Xbox 360 controller for pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Xbox 360 controller for pc: So, recently I decided to pick up yakuza zero from steam and play with my old wired controller, but it turns out the usb is a bit wonky after a few years of no use. I remembered I had two wireless controllers from when I used to play 360 so all I'd have to buy is a receiver...
  7. Xbox 360 Controller Wireless disconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 Controller Wireless disconnecting in Windows 10: I'm using Xbox 360 receiver and my Xbox 360 Controller Wireless keeps disconnecting. 163239
  8. Xbox 360 Controller Wireless disconnecting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Xbox 360 Controller Wireless disconnecting in Windows 10: I'm using Xbox 360 receiver and my Xbox 360 Controller Wireless keeps disconnecting. 163239
  9. Xbox 360 wireless controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless controllers: I am still not able to get my windows 10 pc to recognize my Xbox 360 wireless controller, and it's receiver. It broke when I installed update 2004. Is this going to remain a problem or is there going to be a fix for these to work again? I have tried multiple things to get...
  10. wireless xbox 360 controller adapter for windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless xbox 360 controller adapter for windows: i just got an xbox 360 controller adapter for my computer an it worked when i used it at my friends house but now it wont pair at mine the second the xbox controller pairs the light goes out on the adapter and it also doesnt nrealise the adapter is an adapter because now it...