Windows 10: Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Discus and support Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TrevarWoods, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Came home from work and turned my PC on to play a game and noticed my controller wasn't connecting. When I went to Bluetooth settings to check, it said Bluetooth was off and didn't give me any options to turn it back on. Here are the steps I've already taken:

-Checked device manager and the Bluetooth section was just completely absent.

-Restarted my computer and the drivers reappeared, which I updated.

-Installed the most recent Windows Update.

-Removed the controller from paired devices.

-Upon attempting to re-pair the controller, it simply shows up as "Input" and either times out or states "We didn't get any response from the device".

-Plugged the controller in directly with a micro-USB and it functions normally. Accessories App says the device is up-to-date.

-Tried to pair a different Xbox controller (same model) and also a Bluetooth speaker. Recognized as "Input" and "Bluetooth Headset" but still failed.

-Rolled back Bluetooth Drivers. Same result as before.

-Completely uninstalled Bluetooth drivers.

-Manually downloaded and installed the latest Bluetooth drivers from my motherboard's website. ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming. Same result as before.

-Tried to pair device through Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Devices and Printers>Add a Device. It always says it didn't work and to try again.

The batteries in all Bluetooth devices are 100% and the devices can successfully pair with things other than my PC. Everything was working fine the night before and I haven't made any changes since then, I just put my computer to sleep before bed and woke it back up after work today. It is hooked up to a UPS with a backup battery so it is well protected. No idea where to go from here.

:)

TrevarWoods, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore.

1. Wireless Xbox controller for Xbox One and PC suddenly won't connect via Bluetooth anymore. - Similar Threads - Wireless Xbox controller

2. Xbox Controller Won't Connect To My PC Via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Won't Connect To My PC Via Bluetooth: My Xbox Controller will not connect to my PC via bluetooth, When I try to connect it, it says ''Try to connect the device again". It was working perfectly fine last weekend, so if anyone can help me, thank you....
  3. Xbox Controller won't connect to bluetooth anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller won't connect to bluetooth anymore.: My controller used to work as of yesterday, but now it suddenly won't. I have tried updating, rolling back, and doing a bunch of things with the bluetooth drivers. I also updated it with the Xbox Accessories app through usb, but still it does not work. I have also tried...
  4. Xbox Controller won't connect to bluetooth anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller won't connect to bluetooth anymore.: My controller used to work as of yesterday, but now it suddenly won't. I have tried updating, rolling back, and doing a bunch of things with the bluetooth drivers. I also updated it with the Xbox Accessories app through usb, but still it does not work. I have also tried...
  5. Xbox Controller won't connect to bluetooth anymore.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.: I recently disconnected my Xbox One Controller to go to an event, and went to re-connect it to my PC and it doesn't show up on the searching for device. I have tried as much as possible to connect it, but its not working with Bluetooth. I really don't want to buy an adapter,...
  7. xbox one controller for pc not staying connected via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox one controller for pc not staying connected via bluetooth: wonder if people can help, i have an xbox one for PC controller ( don't own an xbox) and the controller keeps disconnecting from bluetooth, it pairs fine* but then after about 10-15 minutes will disconnect and then not reconnect, also if the remote powers off and i then turn...
  8. Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

Xbox one controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Currently up to date on windows, controller has no problem connecting via Bluetooth on Android phone and pc via usb cable. Asks to check the pin and try again, controller is updated via Xbox accessories. Bluetooth drivers are also updated. Help submitted by /u/jer_luis...
  9. Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth

Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth: [ATTACH] Hey all! Been having problems with my Xbox one Bluetooth controller as of today. Device manager says it's connected, but the "BLuetooth and other devices" doesn't show it. If i turn the controller on it won't connect, and if i try and add the controller, my PC...
  10. Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.: HI, i have a windows 10 desktop and a external bluetooth adapter. when i try to connect my xbox controller via bluetooth it gives a error message " check the pin and try again".?? i tried connecting the controller to my brother's laptop its connecting properly and working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller wont connect bluetooth

2. xbox one controller bluetooth wont connect anymore

3. my controller wont connect to my pc anymore

4. xbox one controller wont connect to my pc anymore,
  5. xb1 contoller suddenly wont connect to pc,
  6. xbox one controller pc bluetooth wont connect,
  7. xbox controller wont connect via blutooth anymoe,
  8. xbox one controller wont connect bluetooth to pc anymore,
  9. my usb x box stick wont connect to wireless xbox controller