Windows 10: WIreless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and...

Discus and support WIreless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I played for about a year with no issues using a Bluetooth connected Xbox one controller on my PC, but within the last 3-4 months it has started giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RenoHutchinson, Aug 12, 2020.

1. WIreless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and...

I played for about a year with no issues using a Bluetooth connected Xbox one controller on my PC, but within the last 3-4 months it has started giving me issues. Games start and play fine for a little while, but the then the controller will quit responding. I initially thought it was a driver problem and updated the controller driver, the Bluetooth driver, and checked Windows for systems updates. This did not correct the issue. I have found that if I ALT+Tab out of the game and then ALT+Tab back into the game the controller will start responding.

This seems to be an issue across all platforms. Here are some of the games and platforms that I have experienced this with:

- Forza Horizon 3 Microsoft Store Purchase

- Bloodstained Steam

- The Golf Club 2019 Steam

- Just Cause 3 Steam

- A Plague Tale Xbox Game Pass PC

- HALO MasterChief Collection Xbox Game Pass PC

:)

RenoHutchinson, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 12, 2020
  4. WIreless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and...

Xbox One Wireless controller - Triggers don't work in games

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're having issue with your controller when playing game. For us to properly assist you, we need collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having the issue with all of your games?
    • Have you tried updating your controller?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried using a different controller and check if the issue persists?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform all the troubleshooting steps provided on the links below:

Click here

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Wilfred Mac, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

WIreless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and...

1. WIreless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and... - Similar Threads - WIreless Xbox controller

2. Computer becomes unresponsive when tabbing out of steam games on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer becomes unresponsive when tabbing out of steam games on windows 11.: My computer will constantly crash/become unresponsive when I try to tab out of a game I have running on Steam, I can't seem to find any solutions to this issue online and I'm stumped as to what to do about it....
  3. Computer becomes unresponsive when tabbing out of steam games on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becomes unresponsive when tabbing out of steam games on windows 11.: My computer will constantly crash/become unresponsive when I try to tab out of a game I have running on Steam, I can't seem to find any solutions to this issue online and I'm stumped as to what to do about it....
  4. xbox one controller PC bluetooth become unresponsive randomly i have to alt + tab to make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller PC bluetooth become unresponsive randomly i have to alt + tab to make...: Hello guys, I have been playing with Xbox one controller on PC via anordinary Bluetooth stick. I have tried games like Dark Souls 3, Crash bandicootn sane trilogy, Super Street Fighter IV, and so on. In each game, I have faced an issue when the controller wentunresponsive...
  5. pc becomes unusable after disconnecting a xbox one controller

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc becomes unusable after disconnecting a xbox one controller: my pc constantly scrolls up and to the left on the start menu and windows settings after disconnecting the controller making it unusable as I can't select anything. the controller works perfectly normal when plugged in or connected via Bluetooth this problem happens only...
  6. Xbox one controller becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller becoming unresponsive: I have an xbox one controller that's been giving me trouble 1708 wireless. When I connect it to my pc to play something on it, it frequently becomes unresponsive and will not accept any inputs whatever was held at the time it became responsive is continued until it becomes...
  7. Slow alt-tabbing while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow alt-tabbing while gaming: Hi, as the title says: while I'm playing games (for instance Rust or League of Legends), alt-tabbing goes very slowly. It takes about 2-3 seconds, which was never the case before. I have tried turning off focus assist, but it doesn't work anymore (I recall having had this...
  8. BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming / alt tabbing: Hi guys, I'm playing Doom eternal at the moment, i haven't tried other games but i started getting bsod with the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I tried to read it with windbg but it says " the parameter is incorrect" When i alt tab the system is slowing down - freezing and...
  9. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...
  10. Xbox One controller w/ wireless adapter on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller w/ wireless adapter on PC: After about an hour or so, my Xbox One Elite controller will disconnect from my PC. It will reconnect for a second, long enough to do one action, and then disconnect again. I tried updating the controller, no change. Changed the batteries. No change. Only thing that seems to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steam controller loses connectivity until alt tab

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. controller needs alt tab to work