Windows 10: Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

Discus and support Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings, With my typical tasks I can manage Windows 10 on 8Gbs of RAM. However I have noticed that if I don't keep an eye on how much RAM and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The Pool Man, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

Greetings,

With my typical tasks I can manage Windows 10 on 8Gbs of RAM. However I have noticed that if I don't keep an eye on how much RAM and Standby RAM are in use -- things will get a little jittery as it begins to max out.

This topic when I was a Mac user is as controversial as it's been as a PC user. In both camps I've been told that thanks to virtual memory and such that standby memory is never an issue or something to worry about. I completely disagree.

The proof occurs when I have a browser open with a 1080p YouTube. Let's say I put that on the right. On the left are the remainder of my browser window tabs. I've noticed in certain situations that the YouTube image will freeze the moment I click the other window. That is: the system RAM is stressed and therefore it can't let me read Facebook and have that video playing at the same time.

This isn't a Firefox topic. It's not that the browser locks up. The YouTube audio continues. (If I'm around 720p it's happier and doesn't to do this.) The way I know it's not Firefox is that when this issue occurs my free RAM and standby memory (together) are maxed out. If I clear the RAM out things work fine again. It's a RAM issue.

To clear the RAM I've been using an MS app called RAMMap, I empty the standby list, the standby memory vaporizes, and now I can both watch a YouTube and click other sites for a while. The problem is RAMMap is really inconvenient to use. I first open Resource Monitor to eyeball the RAM. Then I open RAMMap, authorize it, and clear the standby RAM.

I wanted a simpler way to deal with this. So I Googled and found an app called Wise Memory Optimizer. It doesn't quite do what RAMMap does but instead attacks RAM in general. And it does so automatically when available RAM goes below a number you can set. And it displays current RAM usage.

Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience) [​IMG]

Attached is a video with my browser open playing a YouTube, Gimp open, and OBS Studio open and recording the process. What impressed me is that nothing stuttered during the cleaning process. Some programs like this are accused of doing nothing but Resources Monitor isn't part of the app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09zmMfx4fI&feature=youtu.be

In case this helps anyone. I've checked for virus and malware and have come up clean.

:)

The Pool Man, Jan 8, 2020

2. Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

Greetings,

With my typical tasks I can manage Windows 10 on 8Gbs of RAM. However I have noticed that if I don't keep an eye on how much RAM and Standby RAM are in use -- things will get a little jittery as it begins to max out.

This topic when I was a Mac user is as controversial as it's been as a PC user. In both camps I've been told that thanks to virtual memory and such that standby memory is never an issue or something to worry about. I completely disagree.

The proof occurs when I have a browser open with a 1080p YouTube. Let's say I put that on the right. On the left are the remainder of my browser window tabs. I've noticed in certain situations that the YouTube image will freeze the moment I click the other window. That is: the system RAM is stressed and therefore it can't let me read Facebook and have that video playing at the same time.

This isn't a Firefox topic. It's not that the browser locks up. The YouTube audio continues. (If I'm around 720p it's happier and doesn't to do this.) The way I know it's not Firefox is that when this issue occurs my free RAM and standby memory (together) are maxed out. If I clear the RAM out things work fine again. It's a RAM issue.

To clear the RAM I've been using an MS app called RAMMap, I empty the standby list, the standby memory vaporizes, and now I can both watch a YouTube and click other sites for a while. The problem is RAMMap is really inconvenient to use. I first open Resource Monitor to eyeball the RAM. Then I open RAMMap, authorize it, and clear the standby RAM.

I wanted a simpler way to deal with this. So I Googled and found an app called Wise Memory Optimizer. It doesn't quite do what RAMMap does but instead attacks RAM in general. And it does so automatically when available RAM goes below a number you can set. And it displays current RAM usage.

Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience) [​IMG]

Attached is a video with my browser open playing a YouTube, Gimp open, and OBS Studio open and recording the process. What impressed me is that nothing stuttered during the cleaning process. Some programs like this are accused of doing nothing but Resources Monitor isn't part of the app.

In case this helps anyone. I've checked for virus and malware and have come up clean.

The Pool Man, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Shared Experiences

Hi,

Shared Experiences allow you to start a task on one device and finish it on another, or easily set up a remote control or other companion apps on a smartphone. If you don’t want to use the feature, we suggest that you disable it. Kindly follow these steps
    below:

• Click
      Start.
    • Select
      Settings.
    • Click
      System.
    • Select the Shared experiences link on the left-hand side. Here you will see a switch that lets you toggle the Share across devices feature to the On or Off position.
    • Enable it then restart your computer.
    • Go again to Shared Experiences in Settings app, and disable it completely.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 8, 2020
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

shared experiences

Thanks,

quick search....

You can quickly enable, disable, and change the Shared experiences settings on Windows 10 using the following steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Shared experiences.
    • Turn on or off the Share across devices toggle switch to enable or disable the feature.

Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience) 23aebb6e-f501-49c1-b427-4b0980d506b3?upload=true.jpg

'Mike P, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

1. Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience) - Similar Threads - Wise Memory Optimizer

2. Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whats the optimal shared system memory for my laptop???: Hi,I have a Dell Inspiron.Intel i7-5500U CPU 2.40GHz8 GB RAM64-bit operating systemTotal Graphics Memory 4181 MBVRAM 128 MBShared System Memory 4053I would like to know if i can lower my shared system memory and increase my VRAM and how much system memory is recommended for...
  3. Problem with "Shared Experiences"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with "Shared Experiences": This was posted in an incorrect forum previously. My apologies--here it is where it should be. ***************** Hello! For a couple of years, this shows up in the lower right hand of the screen: Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft account most...
  4. Shared experience settings

Shared experience settings: Hello, I have a laptop running Windows10 pro 64bit since a few weeks I get a message that there is a problem with one of my work or school accounts and that I need to go to the shared settings to solve this.... When I try to "fix" the problem, nothing happens.....a box...
  5. Shared experience

Shared experience: What is shared experience? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-experience/5b25db58-043b-40aa-8c42-d6e2eb220569
  6. Shared Experiences issue

Shared Experiences issue: Shared experiences is telling me that my account requires some attention and to log in but I changed my email name and it is only letting me log in using the old email and I cant seem to find a way to put the new email. Same thing for microsoft word, it tells me to sign in,...
  7. Shared experiences

Shared experiences: Permanently disable this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-experiences/36835f74-2f45-419f-8f50-54f1a81dd421
  8. Gaming : optimizing experience

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming : optimizing experience: Dear support team, I contact you as I would like to opitmize my gaming experience on Fortnite. Due to slowness, I have just rebooted my laptop. (It used to work quite well) Should I reinstall graphic Drivers or other drivers ? What can I do to increase the speed of the...
  9. Shared Experience

Shared Experience: What does it mean in Shared Experience "everyone nearby" vs "my devices only"? I keep getting notices from Microsoft to update my Settings even though the "My devices only" button is selected....
  10. Shared Experience

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Experience: Others seem to have similar problems to this but without many solutions. Every time I log on to my PC I get a message saying that there is a problem with my 'Shared Experience'. Clicking takes me to the relevant control which says that all is fine, but it isn't. My Samsung...