Windows 10: With All Eyes on Windows 10, Metro Apps Number Stands Stil

Discus and support With All Eyes on Windows 10, Metro Apps Number Stands Stil in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The number of apps in the Windows Store, which at some point was Microsoft's main focus, is no longer getting so much love from the Redmond-based tech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Nov 7, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

With All Eyes on Windows 10, Metro Apps Number Stands Stil

More

:)

labeeman, Nov 7, 2014
  2. ÖFD(2) Win User

Windows 10 HiDPI issues

I was using Windows 8.1 before. My HiDPI screen (1080p with 15.6") was fine with 125% scaling setting.

I think Metro apps support various DPI, so they support my HiDPI screen naturally. But if I use 100% scaling, the rest of the system (File Explorer etc.) is very small for my eyes. If I use 125% scaling, metro apps get bigger than usual.

How can we solve this? I want Metro apps to stay unchanged while scaling other apps.

ÖFD(2), Nov 7, 2014
  3. mslsml Win User
    What your fisrt impressions of win 10 all who have it?

I know Cortana from phone, still that technology need time. About Windows 10, to put all metro and configuration pages into ugly menu, did that Microsoft have people with eyes?

Windows 10 is in something better than Windows 8.1 (first login page for example), but it is unfinished project, just like Windows 8 need Windows 8.1 Windows 10 need Windows 10.1 upgrade, especialy that ugly menu thing, that users are able to choose between
    metro configuration and menu configuration. With menu configuration apps are useless.

Just like Windows 8 need Windows 8.1 to look on something, Windows 10 need Windows 10.1 with users choice for menu or metro configuration. For me Windows 10 is very ugly and Windows 8.1 is much better.

That is reason why I returned yesterday from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1.

mslsml, Nov 7, 2014
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Agreed or as we say

Jæja hvað á óvart

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 7, 2014
  5. jadinolf Win User
    Agreed or as we say

Jæja hvað á óvart

Cheers
    jimbo That's easy for you to say.*Wink

jadinolf, Nov 7, 2014
  6. Mystere Win User
    This is one of Microsoft's greatest strengths, and at the same time worst handicaps.

They're very good at promoting "the next big thing", but they do so to the extent of ignoring the current thing, often giving the impression that the current thing is going to be replaced by the new thing.

A great example was when .NET first came out, they kept hyping "Web Services", despite the fact that .NET was a whole lot more than that... It was so bad that most developers had no idea what .NET was, other than "Web Services". Another example was when Windows 8 was first introduced, they hyped HTML/JS metro apps so much that everyone thought .NET was going to go away. It's just another way to develop apps.

Microsoft has to get better at keeping their existing messages rolling while still promoting the new.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. With All Eyes on Windows 10, Metro Apps Number Stands Stil - Similar Threads - Eyes Metro Apps

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. Removing metro apps. Windows 10 1903

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Removing metro apps. Windows 10 1903: Metro apps didn`t remove. I have 2 user accounts. One of them is admin. Usually I work on the second user, e.g. simple user. I tried to remove metro apps in this account by windows power shell command: Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage . Metro apps weren`t removed. It...
  4. Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App): Question, My last update was yesterday. Therefore why are the file stamps for this app, for today? To provide some context, at just after 5pm, mytime, the was brief but noticeable "refresh" across the screen. It is the sort of refresh, one see when they install apps....
  5. Windows 10 metro apps wont open

Windows 10 metro apps wont open: [img] 21342
  6. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  7. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  8. how can i reinstall all windows metro apps

how can i reinstall all windows metro apps: Ok so dont ask me how (long story) but i managed to corrupt all my windows modern apps and i cant use or uninstall them, the store showed that there installed and i cant redownload them or launch them. is there some way i can reinstall only all or one by one reinstall all...
  9. All metro apps crash.

All metro apps crash.: This is a problem I have been having for a few days now. Upon launching any metro app, it crashes. Attached is a picture with the diagnosis of the problem. Any way to fix that?? [img] Thank for any help!!! 4922
  10. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052