Windows 10: With certain wifi router, if I connect I get 5 pings that is it.

Discus and support With certain wifi router, if I connect I get 5 pings that is it. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my house has 2 routers, one a slower older one, and one a newer faster one with N and 5Ghz. If I connect to new one, I can't access the internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LakeWorthB, Feb 3, 2018.

1. With certain wifi router, if I connect I get 5 pings that is it.

So my house has 2 routers, one a slower older one, and one a newer faster one with N and 5Ghz. If I connect to new one, I can't access the internet, but I can if I connect to the slower one. Connecting to the slower isn't really an option because it is in the other side of house, and is weaker. So if I ping router, and hit connect on wifi settings, it connects and I get 4-6 good fast pings, but then they all start timing out. I can't figure out why it would work for a second but then not work. I have tried disabiling firewall/defender but to no avail. Any ideas?

This is a newer Lenova Yoga with up to date windows 10 and drivers.

:)

LakeWorthB, Feb 3, 2018
  2. YichengLu Win User

my computer can connect to the router via wifi but no internet connection, it can access internet through another computer's mobile hotspot to the same router

thank you very much, Charianne.

I did not use Ethernet to try as this is a desktop computer (a bit difficult to move and it is too far to connect directly), but I guess it may work fine. I am using a wifi extender for the moment and it works fine.

by the way, when I connected to the router directly, I do get IP address but cannot ping the router (occasionally it can ping the router with long delay, most time it is timeout). I cannot ping other computers connected to the same router, neither can other
    computers ping this computer.

I tried to re-boot the router, even recover to the factory setup, but no luck.

YichengLu, Feb 3, 2018
  3. 45Jake Win User
    Lumia 535 'pinging' my router more or less continually

The MAC Addresses were not added manually on my phones or router.

I am still awaiting reply from the router provider (TPLink).

One tablet is pinging router on same time scale.

TV, another tablet and my desktop normally only register anything in log when switched on and do not continue to do so every few minutes.

I would add that the pinging I am talking about is not when I am trying to connect. The wifi and my phones are connected all the time when I am in the zone of the router wifi.

I await your further comments.

45Jake, Feb 3, 2018
  4. callmejoe Win User

With certain wifi router, if I connect I get 5 pings that is it.

usually only one router is it set up to access the internet. how have you set up yours? is one a gateway and one an access point?

callmejoe, Feb 3, 2018
  5. Note that many other devices connect to the faster router fine and can access the internet. Including another windows 10 laptop.

LakeWorthB, Feb 3, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    Are you connecting on 5 or 2.4 as 5 has a limited range

Samuria, Feb 3, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    If using 2 Routers I've found it best they be identical and one set as Repeater to the other. I've done it with Buffalo Routers several years ago.

Berton, Feb 3, 2018
  8. With certain wifi router, if I connect I get 5 pings that is it.

So I turned off other router, and it does the same thing, so it isn't because I have 2 routers.

LakeWorthB, Feb 3, 2018
  9. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

With certain wifi router, if I connect I get 5 pings that is it.

1. With certain wifi router, if I connect I get 5 pings that is it. - Similar Threads - certain wifi router

2. Connection to WiFi router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection to WiFi router: I installed a Wi-Fi adaptor card on my Motherboard. I disabled the onboard WiFi adaptor.In Control Panel/Internet Options/Connections I cannot find the full panel to edit/enter info to allow the new card to find my router.I conclude that I have missed a step, or do not...
  3. WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Device connect to Router WiFi Signal.: How do I get a Router to find a WiFi Adapter so that the WiFi adapter can pick up the Router WiFi signal ? The WiFi Router is useless as it needs to inherit a WiFi signal for it to work. I had Windows find the device once, but then I couldn't get it to find it again ?...
  4. Cant get to router via browsers. Ping, tracertbkay.

Cant get to router via browsers. Ping, tracertbkay.: Hi, Win 10 2004 19041.508 Get a 'Timed Out' trying to Login 192.168.20.1 (Router Gateway). All other access to net or LAN is fine. Tried FF, PaleMoon, Edge all the same. See it as 192.168.20.1 in my Net Analyzer. Thanks oz 164945
  5. Suddenly horrible internet connection. If i ping something i get 400 ping. Games are unplayable

Suddenly horrible internet connection. If i ping something i get 400 ping. Games are unplayable: Im using the latest update submitted by /u/Ra1n69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipetpj/suddenly_horrible_internet_connection_if_i_ping/
  6. Connecting to non-router wifi

Connecting to non-router wifi: Besides my wireless router, I have several other wifi "networks" in my home, that do not provide Internet service. For example, one of my endoscope cameras has such a network. When I disconnect from the router and connect to one of these, the "WLAN-Autoconfig" service part...
  7. Wifi 6 adapter compatibility with 5.0ghz routers (WiFi 5)

Wifi 6 adapter compatibility with 5.0ghz routers (WiFi 5): Hello, I have an older PC that only supports 802.11n WiFi which doesn't allow me to connect to my router 5.0ghz band using Windows 10. If I buy a WiFi 6 (802.11ax) adapter, will it work in Windows 10 with WiFi 5 routers (5.0ghz band) or do they only work with new Wifi 6...
  8. Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender

Laptop won't connect to wifi/router - but will connect to wifi extender: Hi All. The following has happened before, and then if fixed it's self, but started happening again 3-4 days ago and is still an issue. I'm about 20-25 feet from the router, Normally it connects no problem. But since Monday afternoon my laptop won't connect to the...
  9. Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...

Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...: So I connected my PC to this wifi router it's a Fritz!box 7590 for the first time and for some reason it can't even reach a speed of 100 Kbit/s, though our internet has an average of 150 Mbit/s. I thought a simple restarting of the computer and the router would help but it...
  10. Connecting to Router/WIfi

Connecting to Router/WIfi: I can not connect to my Router/Modem at all. I have tried everything there is to be able to connect. I did get a msg come up from Microsoft that said problem was with Microsoft & to try back later. That was 2 days ago. Thank you...