Windows 10: With each restart/startup, 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, than no problems

Discus and support With each restart/startup, 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, than no problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello ! posted on answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/ but it doesn't seem to be much activity there I recently swapped my 2nd drive a 2TB hard drive to a 2TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NathanChinchilla, Dec 4, 2020.

1. With each restart/startup, 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, than no problems

Hello ! posted on answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/ but it doesn't seem to be much activity there

I recently swapped my 2nd drive a 2TB hard drive to a 2TB SSD,

I did it "brutally" : i copy pasted the contend of the old drive aprox. 1TB of data to the new SSD,

The old drive had the letter D, and so i renamed it to a new letter, and named the ssd with the letter D,

It corrupted a lot of things, i followed a tutorial involving chkdsk, a lot of files disappeared and i had to copy paste everything again,

After that, all files where accessible and i had no problems appart from this one :

With each restart/startup, i get 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, just after i enter my password.

After the 2nd restart, it prompt me multiple options to restore or whatever, i choose to simply continue and after that there is no 3rd blue screen and no more problems

here some things that can help :

Computer name: LENOVO-LEGION-Y

Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042

Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS

Hardware: 81Q4, LENOVO, LNVNB161216

CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 8664, level: 6

12 logical processors, active mask: 4095

RAM: 17095184384 bytes 15,9GB

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Fri 04/12/2020 20:58:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120420-18078-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5210
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF80718ADB8C6, 0x2
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 04/12/2020 20:58:16 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: rwdrv.sys RwDrv+0x10AC
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF80718ADB8C6, 0x2
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rwdrv.sys
    product: RwDrv Driver
    company: RW-Everything
    description: RwDrv Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rwdrv.sys RwDrv Driver, RW-Everything.
    Google query: rwdrv.sys RW-Everything PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Fri 04/12/2020 20:56:41 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120420-14718-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5210
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF8061BCDB8C6, 0x2
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Theses informations comes from a program that analyse crash called WhoCrashed,

it suggest the drivers of rw-everything to be the cause, but i have no idea how to update/reinstall this driver.

Thanks in advance to respond faster than the french answers.microsoft well it's starting to get late at night

Do not hesitate to ask for, for expemple, the minidump files so you can analyse it better than what i did.

While a solution isn't found, i can still simply wait for my computer to restart 2 times at each startup, it takes less than a minute anyway :

:)

NathanChinchilla, Dec 4, 2020

2. the top row is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, please reply:

1. What do you mean by "top row not working" not working? Are you referring to keyboard top row keys?

I would suggest you to go to the safe mode and see if the problem persists.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

• A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

• Your system will automatically restart, press 4 or F4 key to go to the Safe Mode.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 4, 2020
  4. With each restart/startup, 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, than no problems

windows 10 startup problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check if there are any pending Updates.

Kindly perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check the status.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the below steps to perform a Clean Boot.

Check in “clean boot” state, to check if any third party application is causing the issue. Follow these steps to start the computer in clean boot.

Step A:

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type
    ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) Click the ‘Boot’ tab and uncheck
    ‘Safe Boot’ option.

d) On the ‘General’ tab, click to select the option
    ‘Selective startup’, and then click to clear the option
    Load startup items
    check box.

e) On the ‘Services’ tab, click to select the
    ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ check box, and then click
    ‘Disable all’

f) On the ‘Startup’ tab, click ‘Open Task Manager’.
    In the Task Manager window under startup tab,
    right click on each startup item which are enabled and select ‘Disable’.

g) Click ‘OK’, and then click Restart.

Step B: Enable half of the services

a) Follow steps 1a and 1b to start the System Configuration utility.

b) Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box.

c) Click to select half of the check boxes in the
    Service list.

d) Click OK, and then click
    Restart

Step C: Determine whether the problem returns.

If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the
    Service list.

If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 2. In step 2, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
    Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.

If only one service is selected in the Service list, and you still experience the problem, the selected service causes the problem. Go to step 6. If no service causes this problem, go to
    Step 4.

Step D: Enable half of the Startup items:

If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.

Step E: Determine whether the problem returns:

If the problem still occurs, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, click to clear half of the check boxes that you originally selected in the
    Startup Item list.

If the problem does not occur, repeat step 1 and step 4. In step 4, select only half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
    Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.

If only one startup item is selected in the
    Startup Item
    list, and you still experience the problem, the startup item that is selected in the list is the service that is causing the problem. Go to step 6.

If no startup item causes this problem, a Microsoft service most likely causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat step 1 and step 2 without selecting the
    Hide all Microsoft services check box in either step.

Step F: Resolve the problem:

After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then click
    to clear the check box for the problem item.

Step G: Reset the system to Normal startup mode:

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type
    MSCONFIG and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the
    ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
    ‘Restart’.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

With each restart/startup, 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, than no problems

1. With each restart/startup, 2 "BlueScreenOfDeath" in a row, than no problems - Similar Threads - each restart startup

2. 2 rows taskabar in 23H2 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 rows taskabar in 23H2 ?: Hello, I've done the 23H2 update, and since I have only 1 row on taskbar and I cant extend it anymore ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-rows-taskabar-in-23h2/54bbf450-9c70-422f-a044-1bf0e4af3db4
  3. 2 rows taskabar in 23H2 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 rows taskabar in 23H2 ?: Hello, I've done the 23H2 update, and since I have only 1 row on taskbar and I cant extend it anymore ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-rows-taskabar-in-23h2/54bbf450-9c70-422f-a044-1bf0e4af3db4
  4. Why does windows restart slower than startup?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does windows restart slower than startup?: Hi,I own a laptop with 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. The startup and boot is fast in the laptop. Even the shut down processes is fast. But, when I restart the laptop, it takes more time to startup and boot. Why does this happen?Is it something to do with Fast Startup? If yes, Fast...
  5. Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Random cmd.exe runs after each restart/startup?: Hello everyone on TenForums, So for only like 1 or 2 days ago, whenever I restart my PC and login to my user account, I get to see this beautiful empty Command Prompt window: [img] What's up with that? And btw, you can notice that I was trying to stop it by clicking...
  6. Powershell script to add a date to each row of a csv.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell script to add a date to each row of a csv.: Hi all, struggling to get a powershell script working so I'm wondering if somebody would be kind enough to help, hopefully it's something simple but my experience with powershell isnt that great although I am learning heaps. I have a simple database (a csv file) called...
  7. 2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row: 2 rows in taskbar how to you change back 1 row https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-rows-in-taskbar-how-to-you-change-back-1-row/687a94e1-2ec7-469f-87b0-3475ae519b13
  8. computer startup and restart problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer startup and restart problem: I have MacBook Air 2014, and i installed windows 10 using bootcamp.Initially when i used to boot in windows , there was no problem, startup and restarting was very smooth.However, after 10-15 odd days , there was a problem in starting and restarting the windows. Now during...
  9. Can't use my Win10 Phone as mobile hotspot more than 2 hours in a row

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use my Win10 Phone as mobile hotspot more than 2 hours in a row: Hello, I have an issue with my Lumia 650. I'm using it as a mobile hotpost to get to internet from my laptop. However, after 2 hours of ( moderately) using the data, i suddenly can't access to any websites, however, if i have a youtube video ongoing, the video is still...
  10. Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?: Wondering if this feature still exists in Windows10 and how to accomplish it. Back in Win7, I could unlock the taskbar and make it wider. This allowed me to drop more icons into the taskbar and would allow me to have two rows of icons. With Win10 I can't seem to figure...