Windows 10: with flash now gone, screensavers no longer function - any hope for a fix?

Discus and support with flash now gone, screensavers no longer function - any hope for a fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am one of those people who isn't a programmer nor have I concerned myself with certaintrivial aspects of my computer's functions. when it came to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndromedaGirl, Jan 12, 2021.

1. with flash now gone, screensavers no longer function - any hope for a fix?

I am one of those people who isn't a programmer nor have I concerned myself with certaintrivial aspects of my computer's functions.

when it came to flash, that was always something that ran animations on websites, as far as I knew.

I was never aware of my screensaver running on flash, but I sure am now that flash is gone.

my screensaver is the same one I have had for over 15 years, something that has become unsupportedmany years ago - so no update was ever made to it.
    it now doesn't operate at all because flash was needed to run it. surprise!

I am the first to admit that it is not the end of the world, my computer runs fine so that is always good.

but it was a gorgeous thing for me, when my machine was idle it put on quite a show across multiple screens and others always remarked on how amazing it is. many people like to personalize their desktops and how their machines operate and appear, it is one tiny shred of individuality we always had when it came to our computers- in a world where the software giants and hardware developers force us to accept change we don't want or oftentimes, cannot afford. So, yes- not a critical emergency by any standard but I bet a lot of people are wishing there was a fix for this.

so what might be possible for me to get my lovely screensaver back?

I cannot possibly be the only one who found their favourite screensaver is now extinct and want it back!

:)

AndromedaGirl, Jan 12, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.with flash now gone, screensavers no longer function - any hope for a fix? :)

terrace, Jan 12, 2021
  3. James79 Win User
    Screensaver issue...

I'm having a serious issue with my screensaver. Anytime I step away from my laptop...within a minute or so it will go directly into screensaver mode. This is with the screensaver disabled. How do I fix this problem...it's driving me nuts.

James79, Jan 12, 2021
  4. with flash now gone, screensavers no longer function - any hope for a fix?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

with flash now gone, screensavers no longer function - any hope for a fix?

1. with flash now gone, screensavers no longer function - any hope for a fix? - Similar Threads - flash gone screensavers

2. Screensaver gone missing, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver gone missing, help: Hello! I've come across an unusual problem with my Legion 5 Pro running Windows 11 Home. There used to be a screensaver on my PC that resembled Mac's "drift," and it was pre-installed; I didn't download it. However, it has suddenly disappeared. Has anyone else experienced...
  3. Screensaver gone missing, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver gone missing, help: Hello! I've come across an unusual problem with my Legion 5 Pro running Windows 11 Home. There used to be a screensaver on my PC that resembled Mac's "drift," and it was pre-installed; I didn't download it. However, it has suddenly disappeared. Has anyone else experienced...
  4. MSPaint no longer functions

MSPaint no longer functions: After recent "update", MSPAINT no longer allows any options to be selected. Can't even select "DON'T SAVE" upon attempted program exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mspaint-no-longer-functions/46337171-74af-455b-80aa-b5b296f582bd
  5. Now the Flash Is gone my aperture science screensaver doesnt work and is seemingly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now the Flash Is gone my aperture science screensaver doesnt work and is seemingly...: Ultimately I'm pretty pissed the microsoft thinks they get to tell me what programs I can and can't run, I dont need another apple playing big brother, but microsoft has apparently determined that screensavers are unneeded regardless of if anyone likes theirs. submitted by...
  6. Flash Screensavers.

Flash Screensavers.: With the EoL for Flash my older screensavers no longer work (I know theyre no longer needed but I enjoy the animations) is there any workaround? Theres no .swf file so I cannot convert the screensavers. Running 20H2. Tia. 173171
  7. swf Screensaver no longer works.

swf Screensaver no longer works.: 1909 (OS Build 18363.1316) I have a screensaver clock which has stopped working. I have no idea why. Instead of the clock I now get this [img] The swf code is as follows: <p> <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="230" height="230"...
  8. Search function Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search function Gone: Search function Gone in Win menu. And grayed-out in File Explorer "Search this PC" . Can no longer Search for any files or docs. Running Win 10 / 64 bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-function-gone/332c0fa3-dab2-47af-a365-58ec559129e0
  9. bluetooth no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth no longer functioning: My bluetooth function no longer works, the click tab option to engage the bluetooth function is now completely missing. Under device manager the bluetooth device has moved to the 'hidden' tab, I've run multiple troubleshoots for this issue, run searches for any and all driver...
  10. Update on screensaver not functioning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update on screensaver not functioning.: *Thumbs Hi all. Just wondering if there is an update to the screensaver not working in W10 v1803? Has Microsoft sorted it out yet? Cheers. 115190