Windows 10: With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad

Discus and support With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my laptop is the Lenovo 520, with headphones my audio is horrible, its sounds echoy and it disregards the bass in music or the bg music in videos...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by no also no, Mar 4, 2019.

1. With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad

my laptop is the Lenovo 520, with headphones my audio is horrible, its sounds echoy and it disregards the bass in music or the bg music in videos...

its fine with out headphones, and I've tried multiple headphones but it sounds rubbish still?

I've reset multiple times, what do I do know?

**Original Title**

with headphones my audio counds echo and really bad

:)

no also no, Mar 4, 2019

2. Echo/reverb audio since last update

Hi,

When exactly do you get the sickening echo/reverb effect in the audio?

Does this happen while playing an audio or a video file or on default Windows sound?

Please let us know so that we may assist you better.

I suggest you to roll back the driver from the Device manager by going to sound, controller and device section.

Expand it, locate the audio device and from properties try to update the driver or roll back the driver.

You may restart computer to check if Windows detect it.

• Check your speaker and headphone connections for loose cables or the wrong jack.
    • Check your power and volume levels, and try turning all the volume controls up.
    • Some speakers and apps have their own volume controls, and you might have to check them all.
    • Try connecting using a different USB port.
    • And remember that your speakers probably won’t work when headphones are not plugged in properly.

I suggest you to run the audio troubleshooter and check if the issue can be fixed.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Click view all in the left panel.

• Select ‘Playing audio' and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps in resolving the audio issue. We look forward to hear from you.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 4, 2019
  3. dirtbikr Win User
    Bad audio-quality over A2DP

Wanted to bump this again...

I'm running the mango beta right now and the A2DP audio quality is just lacking still. It sounds tinny, compressed, and just all around bad. I was curious if this would be fixed before the mango final ships or not, as I really want to use my wireless headphones
    again...

My setup:

• HTC Arrive running mango beta 2
    • Motorola S9-HD headphones
    • All songs are 320kbps CBR MP3 or VBR V0 rips
    • All songs sound excellent over wired headphones on the arrive, and they sound great on my iPod Touch over these wireless headphones.
    I had a HTC Touch Pro II before this, and the workaround for the audio was to increase the bitpool and bitrate settings in the registry. The audio quality I have right now on my Arrive is reminiscent of my Touch Pro before I increased those settings, and frankly
    it's a terrible representation of what these headphones are capable of...

I have also tested these headphones on a family member's Arrive running NoDo and a friend running mango beta 2 on the HTC HD7 and they all sound the same. My source files are fine, I'm a happy camper when I have wired headphones in, but I want to get away from
    that... The sooner I can drop my iPod, the happier I will be...

dirtbikr, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad

no sound in headphones

Hi Mary,

If your headphones stops working in Windows devices, you can try solutions below to fix the problem. The issue can be caused by incorrect sound settings, faulty audio drivers, etc. We suggest that you follow below simple instructions to troubleshoot the
    problem.

• Check if the sound is muted. If it is muted, the headphone won’t have sound.
    • Check the connection. Try unplugging the headphone and firmly plug it back in.
    • Check the port. If you are using a USB headphone, try a different USB port.
    • Try the headphone on another computer. Use your headphone on another computer. If it doesn’t work on that computer, the headphone might be broken. In that case, you need to replace it with a new one.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad

1. With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad - Similar Threads - headphones audio sounds

2. Headphones sound really low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones sound really low: Hello the volume of my OS sounds really low when i use headphones.The solutions i tried were:-Use another headphones-try to use my headphones on another computerNon of this was helpfull...
  3. Headphones sound really low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones sound really low: Hello the volume of my OS sounds really low when i use headphones.The solutions i tried were:-Use another headphones-try to use my headphones on another computerNon of this was helpfull...
  4. Headphones sound really low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Really Bad Lag When Using Headphones

Really Bad Lag When Using Headphones: Good day, My laptop experiences terrible sound lag when I have my headphones or earbuds pugged in. Sometimes I will get no sound what so ever, and have to unplug my device from the audio jack, then reinsert. Even after that, sometimes it takes 6 to 10 seconds or more before...
  6. Headphone output is really bad quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone output is really bad quality: Hi, I have a problem where there is some serious echo when trying to use my headphones. I have a set of Logitech Z207 Bluetooth speakers, which work fine normally, but when I plug my headphones in, everything sounds odd, as if I were in a cave or a big empty room. Is this a...
  7. Echoing sound with headphone mic

Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  8. Audio Echoes Through Headphones

Audio Echoes Through Headphones: I have had this issue since I first got the Windows 10 update. My audio will have an echo to it when using headphones. I have solved it before by going into the properties of my audio device and turning off enhancements, but I am no longer to access that. I can get to the...
  9. with headphones my audio counds echo and really bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    with headphones my audio counds echo and really bad: my laptop is the Lenovo 520, with headphones my audio is horrible, its sounds echoy and it disregards the bass in music or the bg music in videos... its fine with out headphones, and I've tried multiple headphones but it sounds rubbish still? I've reset multiple times,...
  10. Really bad sound quality, audio problems.

Really bad sound quality, audio problems.: I really don't know what forum can answer my question so Imma ask on Windows' forums. For like a month or 2 now, my audio has been crappy. The sound works perfectly when I test it on Windows, but when, for exemple, I try to watch a twitch stream, the sound is terrible. I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows edge headphones sound echo

2. windows phone music sounds echoy