Windows 10: With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

Discus and support With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i hope i explain this ok, With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor where my mouse is located when i open the app.Say i have four... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SimonPalmer5, Nov 30, 2021.

1. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

Hi i hope i explain this ok, With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor where my mouse is located when i open the app.Say i have four monitors, three on the same level beside each other and one above the three and i want to open a program on the far left monitor and a web page on the far right monitor, how do i set my mouse to open an app or web page on the monitor i want it to open on?I know a web page is supposed to open where it was last closed, i want it to open on the monitor where my mouse is.I know i can instruct programs to open on say monitor one if instructed but all

:)

SimonPalmer5, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Mike-Peck Win User

Windows 10 - Mouse cursor sticks to edge between multiple monitors

I did get a suggestion that worked: Open the Display settings, use you mouse to drag either the leftmost or right most monitor icon (I have two monitors and a laptop, which is the center monitor) away from the center monitor icon, then release. That forces
    the icon to 'snap back' to the center monitor icon. The cursor stops sticking after you do that. If I disconnect the laptop to travel, etc., the problem sometimes reoccurs but is corrected by just repeating the steps. .

Mike-Peck, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Multiple Monitor Setup Question

Hi,

Changing the monitor to be the main display is one of the possible ways to resolve your concern. We need to set the monitor you prefer to be the main display thru Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Display in the left pane.
    • Click Identity to know monitor number you wish to set as the main display.
    • Select the monitor number, then click the Make this my main display check box.
    • Click Apply.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Nov 30, 2021
  4. user_b Win User

With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

windows 10 multiple monitors with main task bars on each, requested option: open window / program on specific monitor

While running multiple monitors with full task bars on each, add an option where opened folders / file / programs open on the specific monitor and are 'highlighted' on that specific monitor. Example: monitor 1 (main), monitor 2, monitor 3. If one opens a
    folder on monitor 1 it opens on monitor 1. If one opens a folder on monitor 2 it opens on monitor 2 opposed to opening on the main monitor 1. If one opens a folder on monitor 3 it opens on monitor 3 opposed to opening on the main monitor 1.

Currently if another app is opened on a alternate monitor, the app is defaulted to monitor 1 where the user has to move the app to the other monitor.

Further, the file / folder / program should be highlighted and a previewed for mouse hover with respect to each monitor / taskbar.

Each monitor needs its own full task bar that identifies its own characteristic with respect to what is open on the specific monitor.

user_b, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

1. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i... - Similar Threads - multiple monitors app

2. I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor...: I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor and I tried to put the laptop to sleep but the laptop is sleeping with the monitor how can I solve?...
  3. I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor...: I want to connect the monitor to my windows 11 laptop. I want to work only with the monitor and I tried to put the laptop to sleep but the laptop is sleeping with the monitor how can I solve?...
  4. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...: Hi i hope i explain this ok, With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor where my mouse is located when i open the app.Say i have four monitors, three on the same level beside each other and one above the three and i want to open a program on the far left...
  5. With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...

in Windows 10 Customization
    With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor my mouse is located on when i...: Hi i hope i explain this ok, With multiple monitors i want an app to open on the monitor where my mouse is located when i open the app.Say i have four monitors, three on the same level beside each other and one above the three and i want to open a program on the far left...
  6. Mouse without Borders - Multiple Monitors

Mouse without Borders - Multiple Monitors: Mouse without Borders v2.2.1.0327 same version on both PC'sI have two monitors on computer 1 1a, 1b Mini PC with two external monitors.I have three monitors on computer 2 2a, 2b, 2c Laptop with docking station. Laptop monitor 2a and two external monitors 2b, 2cPhysical layout...
  7. Multiple monitors, multiple locations

Multiple monitors, multiple locations: My almost new HP Windows 10 laptop has two monitors, the one that came with it and another larger LG attached with an HDMI cable. The PC locks when I step away from it because it's keyed to the Bluetooth on my phone plus I use my fingerprint to log in, usually. When I return...
  8. Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse rubberbanding back to a location on my monitor: Hi, I just recently updated to the latest windows update and started having a strange problem with my mouse. It rubberbands back to a specific location on my monitor whenever I try to move it. It also has a strange crosshair-type thing instead of a cursor. I have found that...
  9. Apps and Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Multiple Monitors: Wasn't sure what to put for the heading on this. Does anyone know of a way to have an app open on a particular monitor when running more monitors than 1? The person runs 2 monitors and watches movies on 1 while working on the other. This is a part of his query...
  10. App launch location when using multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    App launch location when using multiple monitors: Hey Everyone, I use multiple monitors while at work (As I assume most people do now). One quirk I have seen on Windows 8/8.1 and now Windows 10 is how the start menu launches applications. Now that Windows has start menu access on all monitors is there a way to force the...