Windows 10: With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm...

Discus and support With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I hover my cursor over the WiFi icon in the system stray, it often says "Unknown Network" instead of my actual network name and I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianCJGP, Aug 5, 2019.

1. BrianCJGP Win User

With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm...

When I hover my cursor over the WiFi icon in the system stray, it often says "Unknown Network" instead of my actual network name and I don't have internet access under such circumstances. However, if I open "Network and Internet settings", it displays my actual network name. I often restart my laptop, unplug or reset my modem/router, and sometimes it will connect to the internet and often it doesn't. What is causing the problem and how can I remedy it?

:)

BrianCJGP, Aug 5, 2019

2. how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm... 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm... 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm... 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm... 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Aug 5, 2019
  3. astrakan Win User
    windows 10 loosing local network access

Hi,

Well, frequently, I'm unable to access folders on my laptop (or desktop from laptop).
    Then I run network troubleshooting and windows says me the same thing again: one or more network protocols are not installed and necessary for connectivity. Then I accept the correction and I can access my network until the next time it will fail and will say me the same thing. One day, perhaps 3 if I am lucky.
    IT'S MASSIVELY BORING !! *Smile With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm... :)

Any clue ?

astrakan, Aug 5, 2019
  4. With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm...

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm... [​IMG]

putermaker, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm...

1. With my home laptop Windows 10, I often see 'Unknown network" and "Internet access" yet I'm... - Similar Threads - home laptop often

2. Laptop with Windows 10 is connected to WiFi, yet the apps say there's no internet access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop with Windows 10 is connected to WiFi, yet the apps say there's no internet access.: Hello,This is quite a complex issue, I'm not even sure how to describe it, so I'll share when it all started.The other day I was updating a videogame, where all of a sudden in the middle of the process I've got the blue screen of death. After my laptop has restarted, the...
  3. Laptop with Windows 10 is connected to WiFi, yet the apps say there's no internet access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop with Windows 10 is connected to WiFi, yet the apps say there's no internet access.: Hello,This is quite a complex issue, I'm not even sure how to describe it, so I'll share when it all started.The other day I was updating a videogame, where all of a sudden in the middle of the process I've got the blue screen of death. After my laptop has restarted, the...
  4. Laptop with Windows 10 is connected to WiFi, yet the apps say there's no internet access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unknown network + no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown network + no internet: Hi all,Yesterday I downloaded a Windows update that took quite a while, today upon logging in I noticed that I could not go on the internet because my pc has no internet connection. Not only this but it says “unknown network”. Scoured through the internet and found that some...
  6. Unknown network + no internet

Unknown network + no internet: Hi all,Yesterday I downloaded a Windows update that took quite a while, today upon logging in I noticed that I could not go on the internet because my pc has no internet connection. Not only this but it says “unknown network”. Scoured through the internet and found that some...
  7. Unknown network + no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Icon showing no internet yet there is internet access windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon showing no internet yet there is internet access windows 10: Hi, I'm running windows 10 and recently downloaded radmin vpn and connected to a server. Now my windows icon is showing that I have no internet access when in fact, I do. I have not noticed significant decrease in internet speed but I find the icon to be quite perplexing...
  9. "No internet connection" yet I can access the internet??

"No internet connection" yet I can access the internet??: Hi For some weird reason over the past few days I've have an issue with my wifi. I connect to it I'm even using it to post this yet it says on the icon "no internet, secured". [ATTACH] I did no changes before it happened. Just connected to a new wifi. I can play online...
  10. Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop

Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop: Hi, For several reasons I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my Laptop and I can no longer access my Laptop from any other PCs on my home network. This feature was working well before I reinstalled Windows. When I open File Explorer and click from another PC on any of the PCs...