Windows 10: with regarding to lot of background data consumption

Discus and support with regarding to lot of background data consumption in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a HP laptop with windows 10 home single language edition, version 1803 with 64 bit operating system and when I check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nimshan, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Nimshan Win User

with regarding to lot of background data consumption

Hi,

I am using a HP laptop with windows 10 home single language edition, version 1803 with 64 bit operating system and when I check the Data Usage, system usage is very high. When I activate a new data package within few minutes it is over, I don't even have a chance to use the data package for myself. System has already used it. I would like know a way to disable this thing which is happening without updating windows.

I hope you will concern about my question and looking forward a soon reply.

MY PRODUCT ID is:- 00327-35059-10690-AAOEM

Your sincere customer.

:)

Nimshan, Jan 12, 2019

2. data consumption in windows 10

Hi Aquinas,

If it's the system consumption that takes so much of your data usage, may we know if you already tried following the steps provided by
    Patricia Yu in this thread? This will give you with the steps on how to set your connection as metered, turn off background apps, and disable syncing apps.

Let us know if the solution above will work for you.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 12, 2019
  3. data consumption in windows 10

on data usage option details are listed like the below one,but how could stop that system consumption.

with regarding to lot of background data consumption 980d0c02-055f-4ee5-aa0c-a9a13c70df5b.png

RagupathiRagu, Jan 12, 2019
  4. with regarding to lot of background data consumption

data consumption in windows 10

Hi,

There are several causes of high data usage on your network. It depends on the applications or software used that requires network connection. For you to check the data consumption or data usage on your PC, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type data usage overview.
    • Select Data usage overview from the list.
    • Under Overview, click on Usage details.

To address your concern with auto update options, can you tell us what particular updates are installed automatically on your computer?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

with regarding to lot of background data consumption

1. with regarding to lot of background data consumption - Similar Threads - regarding lot background

2. Huge Background data Consumption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge Background data Consumption: Data was consuming in background even i turn off the updates.Whenever i connect to a network automatically data was consuming but i cant understand which app is consuming.Every time i check data usage statistics system is consuming huge amount of data.Im attaching a...
  3. V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.: *Haha I do not know if it is me,but, noticing a lot more background interference from Microsoft odds and sods, working away in the background. Comments welcome. *What 127886
  4. V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.

in Windows 10 Support
    V1809 Lot of Microsoft activity in background.: *Haha I do not know if it is me,but, noticing a lot more background interference from Microsoft odds and sods, working away in the background. Comments welcome. *What 127886
  5. Too much data consumption by the windows system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too much data consumption by the windows system: I am a user of windows 10 pro and I want help regarding the issue . Already I get less internet speed at my home out of which a major part is being used up by the windows system. The system consumes a lot of internet speed and as a result I face a lot of problems in browsing...
  6. loosing a lot on data cost

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    loosing a lot on data cost: Hello everyone I'm loosing a lot of data minutes with this windows 10. I go through 50 gigs in a short space of time. I also lost my product key. I cant access windows Microsoft applications. Please help....
  7. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...
  8. "system" using lots of data

"system" using lots of data: Hi, I live in a rural area and was using mobile data for internet however recently got nbn satellite installed. Satellite internet provides you with a peak and off peak data allowance and the provider I am using had info on how you can use your off-peak data (between 1am &...
  9. Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Data Consumption Issue, svchost.exe: Hi there, I check my emails very regularly, and moniter my data usage with Glasswire. I use a pay-as-you go service for internet (while I'm here in France), it's a sort of wireless hotspot device, which I recharge 3gb at a time. I had just recharged the thing a few days...
  10. Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Reducing power consumption for background tabs: Efficient power usage is an important aspect of speed, one of Chrome’s key pillars. To prolong battery life, Chrome should minimize power impact from things users can’t see. This includes background tabs, which consume a third of Chrome's power usage on desktop. Starting in...