Windows 10: With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

Discus and support With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brooks1CD, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Brooks1CD Win User

With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise

:)

Brooks1CD, Feb 26, 2024

2. Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Feb 26, 2024
  3. ThePukas Win User
    "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

I did these steps and upon turning on "set time zone automatically" it still sets the wrong time zone.

ThePukas, Feb 26, 2024
  4. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

1. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I... - Similar Threads - Settings using Set

2. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  3. When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I check "set time zone automatically" in date and time settings, the time zone is...: I noticed my clock was 6am when it should be 11pm. In date and time settings my time zone is automatically set as UTM-6:00 instead of UTM+10, I can only manually correct the time zone. If I correct the zone and then check "set time zone automatically" the time zone reverts to...
  4. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...: My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  5. "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day: I do not have a VPN installed.I am in CST Central Standard Time, however when I enable the "set time zone automatically" option, it sets the time to EST Eastern Standard Time. And if I leave the option enabled long enough, throughout the day it will keep swapping between EST...
  6. "Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day

"Set time zone automatically" sets to the wrong time zone, and swaps throughout the day: I do not have a VPN installed.I am in CST Central Standard Time, however when I enable the "set time zone automatically" option, it sets the time to EST Eastern Standard Time. And if I leave the option enabled long enough, throughout the day it will keep swapping between EST...
  7. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone Setting: HI,Here in Iran time change policy changed and country did not change the time. But, window still setting time sync to previous policy and time difference still + 3.5 where as it should be +2.5 hours....
  8. Time Zone Setting

Time Zone Setting: HI,Here in Iran time change policy changed and country did not change the time. But, window still setting time sync to previous policy and time difference still + 3.5 where as it should be +2.5 hours....
  9. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Time zone not automatically setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time zone not automatically setting: I travel back and forth between Eastern and Central Times over the weekend and want my computer to correctly reflect my time zone automatically. Although, I have configured the time and time zone to set automatically in Windows Settings, the time zone remains unchanged when I...