Windows 10: With Stephen Elop being put in charge of MS games and hardware...

Discus and support With Stephen Elop being put in charge of MS games and hardware... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Stephen Elop may not be Microsoft's new CEO, but the former head of Nokia is not going unrewarded for bringing the phone manufacturer into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ksdixon Win User

With Stephen Elop being put in charge of MS games and hardware...

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/24/54...vices-services

Is this bad news for Surface like it is for Bing/Xbox:
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/8/50...ng-xbox-rumors

EDIT:

LOL, and Nokia in the past...

With Stephen Elop being put in charge of MS games and hardware... [​IMG]

:)

ksdixon, Feb 24, 2014
  2. mrbill666 Win User

Are we left out again? MS developing full Win 8 pro Surface phone

Seems we are to be abandoned again. Looks as MS is developing on their own a Full Windows 8 Pro Surface phone....to hook directly and interact with both RT and Pro Tablets and desktops.

Even Nokia thinks idea good?

What's up with all this?

Stephen Elop: MS ‘Surface’ Windows Phone Could Help ‘Ecosystem’

Stephen Elop: MS ‘Surface’ Windows Phone Could Help ‘Ecosystem’ | WP7 Connect

mrbill666, Feb 24, 2014
  3. bazyeo Win User
    Dear Mr. Stephen

I think his name is Mr Elop not Mr Stephen.

bazyeo, Feb 24, 2014
  4. MartyvH Win User

I think the real problem was Nokia's OS, Symbian. Elop knew this. But as soon as Elop knew Symbian needed revamping in order for the competition not to be a threat (as it surely was at the premium end), he should immediately have set about doing (quietly) whatever it took to revamp and revitalise the OS to make it do everything that iOS and Android could. That's what companies do to neutralise competition from better platforms. Head them off at the pass!

Instead, Elop did a Chicken Little and now Android and iPhone are destroying Nokia's brand at every price point.

Given Elop's history, I'm not sure whether he can make the decisions necessary to grow shaky businesses like Surface and Windows Phone.

MartyvH, Apr 16, 2014
Thema:

1. With Stephen Elop being put in charge of MS games and hardware... - Similar Threads - Stephen Elop being

2. Still Being Charged for Microsoft Realms!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still Being Charged for Microsoft Realms!!!: I've gone through the process several times of cancelling my Realms subscription for Minecraft. I understand this subscription is managed through the stores on the platform where I first activated it i.e. Minecraft. In fact, my Realms subscription doesn't even show up on the...
  3. Still Being Charged for Microsoft Realms!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still Being Charged for Microsoft Realms!!!: I've gone through the process several times of cancelling my Realms subscription for Minecraft. I understand this subscription is managed through the stores on the platform where I first activated it i.e. Minecraft. In fact, my Realms subscription doesn't even show up on the...
  4. MS blocking battery charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS blocking battery charging: When I first bought my HP laptop, my battery would not charge, apparently because of some glitch associated with my MS settings or account. I can't recall how the MS rep fixed this. Anyone run into this, and if so, do you know the fix?...
  5. MS Games. MS Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Games. MS Solitaire: I want the ads to stop. I paid the required fee, and yet the continue. So I want my money back and I'll just dump the game. Do I need to turn something on, off? do I need to uninstall and reinstall the game? There is no hints as what to do....
  6. Still Being Charged for Microsoft Realms!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still Being Charged for Microsoft Realms!!!: Hi I called on October 1st and canceled my son's recurring monthly subscription to Microsoft Realms Plus. I was immediately refunded the 7.99. However I was just charged today another 7.99 for Microsoft Realms Plus!! Could someone please fix this?!?!...
  7. MS Store will not detect hardware.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store will not detect hardware.: MS Store will not detect my hardware, searches take far too long to return results, wsreset.exe does not work. This has been a reported issue since 2018. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. My game is being blocked from using graphics hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My game is being blocked from using graphics hardware: The computer is a hp and powered by intel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-game-is-being-blocked-from-using-graphics/c3f75ef3-604f-45fa-ba4b-470c9d177e26
  9. Charging While gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charging While gaming: Hello, I was wondering If I could charge my hp laptop while playing games just so I can increase my fps frame rate or would that just damage my laptop battery over the long term....
  10. Extra charges for using MS games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra charges for using MS games?: Am I charged extra for playing the Microsoft Solitaire and Mahjong games already installed on my laptop or is it covered by my broadband payment?...