Windows 10: With the latest update to Win10, I can no longer disable my touchpad through the Alt+F3...

Discus and support With the latest update to Win10, I can no longer disable my touchpad through the Alt+F3... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I performed the latest Windows Update on Sunday evening and I can no longer disable my touchpad. In Device Manager, I cannot disable it and in Touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daniel Co, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Daniel Co Win User

With the latest update to Win10, I can no longer disable my touchpad through the Alt+F3...

I performed the latest Windows Update on Sunday evening and I can no longer disable my touchpad. In Device Manager, I cannot disable it and in Touchpad settings from Devices and Printers, the toggle button to turn it off or on is no longer there. I use an external mouse and the touchpad interferes with my ability to type as I commonly graze it with my hands. I have turned sensitivity all the way down as that's all I can do, but I need to be able to disable it.

:)

Daniel Co, Oct 13, 2020

2. disable touchpad

Hi James,

Touchpad is usually disabled and re-enabled by pressing the Fn and either
    F3 or F9 keys, but that depends on the laptop that you have. Each brand have its own shortcut keys. However, you can disable the touchpad from the Settings page. Follow these steps:

1. Open Settings > Devices.
    2. In the left pane, click Touchpad.
    3. To completely disable the touchpad, toggle off Touchpad.
    4. If you only want to disable the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, check the box for
      Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected option.

Let me know if you need further help so I can assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 13, 2020
  3. disable touchpad

mlg63 250718 Fn plus f3 no longer works.

Dear mlg63, the solution below you gave me, Fn plus f3, no longer works.

--------------------------------------

mlg63 270318 worked when I also pushed Fn key

Dear mlg63, I found the F key 'icon, touchpad with an X'. It is f3. But but when I push f3, it shows a 'find' function. But I fooled around a little, and f3 plus the Fn key worked.

JC

------------------------

260318 disable touchpad in Microsoft Community.

Hi JimCoppens,

mlg63 has replied to your question

There should be a F key on the top row next to F12 that will turn it on/off. There also usually is a setting that will disable the pad automatically when the keyboard is used. The key's icon is a touchpad with an X.

JamesCoppens, Oct 13, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

With the latest update to Win10, I can no longer disable my touchpad through the Alt+F3...

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

1. With the latest update to Win10, I can no longer disable my touchpad through the Alt+F3... - Similar Threads - latest update Win10

2. Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?: I use night mode full time to reduce eye strain while I'm at the computer, and I only disable it manually if I need to verify the color or something. Last night I updated my PC to the latest version and now night mode is disabled. When I try to navigate to settings > display,...
  3. Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?: I use night mode full time to reduce eye strain while I'm at the computer, and I only disable it manually if I need to verify the color or something. Last night I updated my PC to the latest version and now night mode is disabled. When I try to navigate to settings > display,...
  4. Latest win10 update no longer uses nightmode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I somehow disable the buttons of my touchpad?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I somehow disable the buttons of my touchpad?: Hi, my touchpad is kinda broken right now, the buttons don't work. Until I fix it I'd like to disable them, but keep the pad itself working. However I can't seem to find a way to do this without affecting other mice (like an USB one). Is there a way to do this? I have win10...
  6. Touchpad can no longer be disabled after 29 August Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad can no longer be disabled after 29 August Windows update: Since I installed a Windows update on 29 August I have lost the ability to disable the touchpad on my HP laptop when I plug a mouse in. I have tried removing the drivers, uninstalling the device etc. but nothing seems to be able to stop the touchpad working. Is there...
  7. The latest windows 10 update has disabled my ability to disable my touchpad on my ASUS...

The latest windows 10 update has disabled my ability to disable my touchpad on my ASUS...: The latest windows 10 update has made it so that I cannot disable my touchpad on my ASUS laptop. How can I disable my touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-latest-windows-10-update-has-disabled-my/8f18e444-20d9-4043-a9a6-31653faa9c3c
  8. Win10 Requiring ctrl-alt-del Since Latest Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Requiring ctrl-alt-del Since Latest Cumulative Update: I've notice since I installed the latest cumulative update to 1803 my ASUS X53 is now requiring me to do a ctr-alt-del at powerup and after every hibernation. How do I stop Win10 from requiring this? I checked advanced options under control user passwords and this option is...
  9. Win10 latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 latest update: We have three computers in our house two laptops one pc. On my laptop that has a ssd the new anniversary update loaded straight away but on the other two when I check for latest updates it said there were not any I tried to load from Microsoft site but after a while it said...
  10. Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update

Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update: Laptop - ASUS U57A BBL4 Updated Win10 to Version 1607, build 14393.1066 Running: Advanced System Care, Bitdefender, & Malwarebytes External USB mouse Everything was functioning properly before the update. I've been running Win10 since it was released. After the update...