Windows 10: withdrawing a win10 pro licence from a retiring laptop.

Discus and support withdrawing a win10 pro licence from a retiring laptop. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have to retired my current laptop because Im leaving my current job. so there are three problems Im suffering. 1. the laptop was come with a Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pangTuen, Mar 26, 2019.

1. pangTuen Win User

withdrawing a win10 pro licence from a retiring laptop.

I have to retired my current laptop because Im leaving my current job. so there are three problems Im suffering.

1. the laptop was come with a Win 10 home, and I brought a pro licence on the windows shop. how can I withdraw the pro licence and restore the laptop back to its original edition?

2. while restoring the laptop back to its original home edition, is that means I have to remove all those working files from the laptop?

3. how can I applied the Win 10 pro licence to my new surface book 2 ?

thank you very muck.

P

:)

pangTuen, Mar 26, 2019
  2. [Mike]# Win User

Changing to a replacement laptop and my digital licence

Hi ,

Okay, after a lot of hardware difficulties with my former laptop, it has been retired.

My replacement laptop has better specs and should be able to run the same system,

this being Win10 pro.

I have no access to the old laptop now, only the 'new' machine.

I did go into my account and associated the new machine and cleared the old one.

My question is does this automatically mean i can make a full install with my usb win10

and link my digital licence, or are there other steps i need to do first?

Although I've looked for this answer, all i got was more doubt as i read more about it.

If i mess up this install i will be totally without any working computer, so i want to be sure.

Thanks for your help.

[Mike]#, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, Mar 26, 2019
  4. kevvyb Win User

Successful transfer of Win10 Pro digital licence

Hi I would put it this way from what I have learned:
    If you have a windows 7 (or presumably, 8 or 8.1) RETAIL channel licence (i.e. you had the discs and were previously able to install on new machines as you needed - uninstalling any others so that there was only one copy in use) then yes.

I had upgraded my old Win7 pro licence to Win10 Pro using the free upgrade offer from MS last year.

Now I want to use win10 pro on the new machine (which comes with Win10 Home) but I only have a digital win10 pro licence on the old machine (plus my old Win7 Pro licence).

The digital licence to win10 pro can apparently be 'transferred' to the new machine. I haven't done this yet but I am told this is effected by using a MSA (Microsoft account) and being logged into that account on both machines.

You then use the activation troubleshooter to select the licence on the old machine or alternatively performing a plain upgrade on the new machine and either entering the original win7 pro key or calling MS to activate over the telephone.

We'll see if it works. I'll post back.

kevvyb, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

1. withdrawing a win10 pro licence from a retiring laptop. - Similar Threads - withdrawing win10 pro

2. retirement of Windows 10 Pro in 2025

in Windows 10 Gaming
    retirement of Windows 10 Pro in 2025: What, in practical terms, does the retirement of Windows 10 Pro in October 2025 actually mean? What will happen or won't happen?Will it still be usable? The only obstacle to Windows 11 for me is the processor in my laptop......
  3. retirement of Windows 10 Pro in 2025

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retirement of Windows 10 Pro in 2025: What, in practical terms, does the retirement of Windows 10 Pro in October 2025 actually mean? What will happen or won't happen?Will it still be usable? The only obstacle to Windows 11 for me is the processor in my laptop......
  4. retirement of Windows 10 Pro in 2025

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Retiring a laptop and transferring its retail licence to another laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retiring a laptop and transferring its retail licence to another laptop: Hi, I have a laptop that is old and needs to be retired. It has Windows 10 Home version 2004. It has a digital licence. Product Key Channel is 'Retail'. I have read that the Retail means that I can use this licence for another device. I understand that I may only use...
  6. Transfer Pro licences from unused computers

Transfer Pro licences from unused computers: I have 2 old computers showing up in my account under devices. These to my knowledge were upgraded from Home to Pro via the whole Win 8 to Win 10 thing a while ago. The situation is now that I have now replaced the desktop and laptop with new, and I have now gone back to Win...
  7. How to withdraw money from Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to withdraw money from Microsoft Store?: [ATTACH] My app sell total 20 USD. I need to withdraw from Microsoft. But I do not know how can I do that? Please check my attached image. Please help. Thanks in advance for your support....
  8. Win10 pro key from win 7 upgrade licence

Win10 pro key from win 7 upgrade licence: Hi Guys I just replace mobo and cpu. I need to reactivate I purchased win10 pro upgrade from win7 back in 2017, I still have the Order and is its in my purchase history but I can not find the key anywhere to reactivate. Logged in with my account but still wont...
  9. withdrawal windows 10 pro key 64 bit

withdrawal windows 10 pro key 64 bit: Dear team, I have Dell desktop pc and i installed windows 10 pro 64 bit. Now i need install windows 7 pro. So, i need to take out the original key and i don't wall loss that key. In future i will use that key for another pc. So, kindly give me a solution asap....
  10. Does Win8 Pro Retail licence carry over to Win10 Pro upgrade?

Does Win8 Pro Retail licence carry over to Win10 Pro upgrade?: Gday all Trying to get my situation sorted. I have just upgraded my Win 8 Pro Retail version. Everything has gone smooth touch wood. Being a retail license, I can use this copy on one machine at any time. ie I build a new machine I still can use as long as my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it possible to downgrade from win10 to original win8.1 with digital licence