Windows 10: Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect...

Discus and support Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Without Disabling Microsoft's Original Functionality in Windows 10, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect Background Sound in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lexx Luthor, May 2, 2020.

1. Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect...

Without Disabling Microsoft's Original Functionality in Windows 10, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect Background Sound in Windows 10?

Please note, my Motherboard is a fairly old Motherboard H61MLV v.7.0 & it's BIOS has been updated to as far as it will go.

Here are two methods that were offered to me online but I'm not sure If I should implement them. Please understand, If one of these settings goes against the Microsoft intended functionality of the disconnect/connect sound, I would prefer not to use that setting. The setting I'm asking for is one that is approved by Microsoft for this scenario.

Method #1

Go to: Device Manager/Human Interface Device/USB Input Deviceright click/

Properties/PowerManagementtab

Uncheck Box: "Allow The Computer To Turn off This Device To Save Power" - DONE!

Method #2

Go to: Control Panel/Power Options/Balancedrecommended/Change Plan Settings/

Change Advanced Power Settings/Under: Balanced Active/USB Settingshit +

/USB Selective Suspend Setting/DISABLE/Click Apply, OK - DONE!

What do you recommend? Thank you.

:)

Lexx Luthor, May 2, 2020
  2. mccnavy Win User

Windows 10 USB Connect/Disconnect Sound No Longer Functions

It's been like this for a while but on my desktop computer, Windows no longer plays the sound when connecting or disconnecting a USB/external device. I have checked and there is a sound listed in Control Panel/sounds for it. Not sure what to try next to restore this function. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

mccnavy, May 2, 2020
  3. Groggubus Win User
    Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

Groggubus, May 2, 2020
  4. johnny234 Win User

Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect...

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect...

1. Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect... - Similar Threads - Without Disabling Original

2. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable the function keys?: i am gaming and i need to do something with those keys and i cant because of the function that each key has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys/71cb776f-6e85-4a46-b602-57ad168645c4
  3. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable the function keys?: i am gaming and i need to do something with those keys and i cant because of the function that each key has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys/71cb776f-6e85-4a46-b602-57ad168645c4
  4. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  6. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  7. How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?: I have a bluetooth speaker I wanna pair it with my phone, but I have to disconnect it from my computer to show up, but I wanna keep it on my computer for later use, so instead of removing the device from my computer’s bluetooth, how do I disconnect it or unpair it? (My...
  8. Random USB disconnect sounds/Bluetooth disabled to stop sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random USB disconnect sounds/Bluetooth disabled to stop sound: I have Cyberpower Desktop with Window 10 operating system. I have a random USB disconnect sounds. I have unplugged all USB connected items and the sound won't go away. So I reconnected all of them again.. The only thing that helps is to disable my Bluetooth. The sound goes...
  9. how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I disable micro-disconnect with a fault USB cable: if the title isn't self-explanatory enough, I want some way to have the USB lag a few Milisenconds before so the few moments the USB disconnect it doesn't stop the connection or transfer submitted by /u/KateHanami [link] [comments]...
  10. Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects: Long time with this issue and very frustrated My laptop is a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 64-bit. I just upgraded from Windows 8 hoping that would solve my issue but it did not. I even re-imaged my PC and the issue remained so I think it must be hardware related, right?...