Windows 10: Without plugged in, the battery can only lasts for 3.5 hours.

Discus and support Without plugged in, the battery can only lasts for 3.5 hours. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't play games and I just use the surface pro 7 to watch some videos and browse webs or even listen to the music. I bought this surface pro 7 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moqihegongming, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Without plugged in, the battery can only lasts for 3.5 hours.

I don't play games and I just use the surface pro 7 to watch some videos and browse webs or even listen to the music. I bought this surface pro 7 on 9th November, 2020 online, and got it on 12th. Since the beginning, it is just like that ,poor battery performance, but I was busy at work and didn't take it in mind. With the time going, I think I should put it up to someone that know something about this kind of situation that if this is normal to the use of 3.5 hours.

:)

moqihegongming, Dec 2, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Without plugged in, the battery can only lasts for 3.5 hours. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Without plugged in, the battery can only lasts for 3.5 hours. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 2, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Without plugged in, the battery can only lasts for 3.5 hours.

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Without plugged in, the battery can only lasts for 3.5 hours.

1. Without plugged in, the battery can only lasts for 3.5 hours. - Similar Threads - Without plugged battery

2. Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery: Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-plugged-in-but-will-only-use-its-battery/2494a61f-c9a0-4c9f-99a0-9f9efe502f71
  3. Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery: Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-plugged-in-but-will-only-use-its-battery/2494a61f-c9a0-4c9f-99a0-9f9efe502f71
  4. Laptop is plugged in but will only use its battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Battery becoming 0 after plugging in or without plugging in both.LOCKING AWAY,also battery...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery becoming 0 after plugging in or without plugging in both.LOCKING AWAY,also battery...: So it happens like this: 1.Battery is draining a lot even though i took lot of measures but it drains a lot and works for only 3 or 4 hours only even though open some pdf or pictures only most of the time.battery drains like 8-12 percent per 15 mins depending on workalso...
  6. Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop only says plugged in and battery is draining: OK so my problem is this please see above: My laptop says "Plugged In" It doesn't say "Not Charging" or "Laptop Discharging", just "Plugged In" My laptop's battery is not replaceable. i'm using a dell inspiron 15 1700 Troubleshooting power will say there are no issues...
  7. thanks a lot battery saver - its dropped 3% in the last 5 min while being docked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    thanks a lot battery saver - its dropped 3% in the last 5 min while being docked: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/realrustyg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f035ab/thanks_a_lot_battery_saver_its_dropped_3_in_the/
  8. UUP to ISO was stuck here for the last 3 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UUP to ISO was stuck here for the last 3 hours.: Here's the picture. [img] I then deleted UUPDUMP folder. Is the 18363.535 build buggy right now in getting converted? 148026
  9. UUP to ISO was stuck here for the last 3 hours.

in Windows 10 Support
    UUP to ISO was stuck here for the last 3 hours.: Here's the picture. [img] I then deleted UUPDUMP folder. Is the 18363.535 build buggy right now in getting converted? 148026
  10. Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours: Hello Sportsfans, The battery stats on the Dell XPS non4k screen usually says "2 or 3" hour remaining right after unplugged. Now the indicator states 84% 3:53 remaining after 40 minutes of battery usage. I never conditioned or ran the battery down, i never took the laptop...