Windows 10: Without SMB, how do we map a network drive?

Discus and support Without SMB, how do we map a network drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In all Synology-diskstations, SMB is the way of accessing files on Windows machines. When Microsoft has decided that Win10 no longer support SMB (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by philosopher, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Without SMB, how do we map a network drive?

In all Synology-diskstations, SMB is the way of accessing files on Windows machines.

When Microsoft has decided that Win10 no longer support SMB (and you cannot enable it), how are people supposed to access files on private network storage (private as in not being Dropbox, OneCloud or any other commercial stuff but your own network storage)?

:)

philosopher, Nov 3, 2018
  2. CraigS Win User

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Nov 3, 2018
  3. How to map a network drive

Hi Reese,

For concerns such as mapping a network drive, we have an article that you can follow. Just refer to the steps from this thread:

Map a network drive.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Nov 3, 2018
  4. Kbird Win User

Without SMB, how do we map a network drive?

Windows updated - Map network drive can't find my computer

I only have the SMB Client Enabled , I don't think SMB Direct has an effect as I don't seem to have it on all Computers...

I have also set one Computer to be the Browse Master and to Maintain a List of Computers on the Network , use the computer (or NAS if it has the Option) that is always on.... I use an old Laptop which can not be turned off as it is very hard to reboot due to MBoard Issues, Please see the Attached WordPad file for instructions for that.

Master Browser Fix.zip

Without SMB, how do we map a network drive? [​IMG]

Kbird, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

Without SMB, how do we map a network drive?

1. Without SMB, how do we map a network drive? - Similar Threads - Without SMB map

2. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  3. Map network drive to computer without user sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map network drive to computer without user sign in: Hello all,I need to map a cloud drive to the file server. It works when I manually map it but it needs to be available after the server restarts without requiring user sign in. I created a PowerShell script and works when I run it with a regular user and maps the drive. The...
  4. Map network drive to computer without user sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map network drive to computer without user sign in: Hello all,I need to map a cloud drive to the file server. It works when I manually map it but it needs to be available after the server restarts without requiring user sign in. I created a PowerShell script and works when I run it with a regular user and maps the drive. The...
  5. Map network drive to computer without user sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  7. Mapping a network drive

Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  8. How to logout of a map drive or a network drive

How to logout of a map drive or a network drive: hi, is there a way to logout of a network drive in Windows 10 ? I can log into my NAS mapped drive but if I want to log into the same drive with a different user, I cannot, as there is no option to logout. It's just easier when testing privileges set for users using the...
  9. Map a drive without putting it on the network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Map a drive without putting it on the network: I would like to create a mapped drive so all my colleagues around the world can work on their local machines with the same folder structure. But my client feels unsafe sharing a folder to a network. Can I map a folder that is not on a network? Thanks...
  10. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network shares two windows machines without smb

2. window networking without smb