Windows 10: WizFile 3.00: massive update for fast file search tool

Discus and support WizFile 3.00: massive update for fast file search tool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The developer of the file search tool WizFile has released WizFile 3.00 to the public. The program was released in 2018 and you can check out our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 27, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

WizFile 3.00: massive update for fast file search tool

The developer of the file search tool WizFile has released WizFile 3.00 to the public. The program was released in 2018 and you can check out our initial review of WizFile here and our review of WizFile 2.0, released in the same year.

WizFile is created by the same company that created WizTree (and the excellent Bulk Image Downloader). WizTree is one of the fastest large file finders for Windows, and one question that may come to mind is how the two programs differ from one another.

WizTree's main purpose is to find large files on the system whereas WizFile focuses on finding specific files or list of files.

WizFile is as fast as WizTree when it comes to displaying files and running searches, and it plays in the same league as Everything, another popular file finder for Windows.

You can download a portable version of WizTree 3.0 from the developer site or a setup version.

WizFile 3.00: massive update for fast file search tool wizfile-3.00.png

Veteran users of WizFile will notice some of the new features of version 3.0 right away. The search bar at the top, used to run file searches and filter results based on the user's input, includes two new dropdown menus.

The first gives you options to filter results by size, the second to filter the results by file modification date.

Previously, only the option to filter by file type was available as a preset in the search bar at the top.

The new presets for filtering based on file sizes or modification dates unlocks new possibilities. You can use the program to quickly find video files with a size of 1 Gigabyte and up, photos that were modified in the last 30 days, or a combination thereof.

The presets are useful as they provide quick access to the new filters. WizFile 3.0 supports entering filters directly in the search field to improve the accuracy of searches further.

To find files with a size of 1000 bytes and less, you'd simply append <1000 to the search query. Similarly, you can use the paramters > for greater than, = for equal, and a combination of the parameters to make detailed searches.

Instead of filtering in bytes, you may also use k for kilobyte, m for megabyte, g for gigabyte and t for terabyte. The filter a, e.g. a> filters by the allocated size.

Date filters can be added to search queries as well.

• Filter by specifying a specific date: YYYY/MM/DD, e.g. <2020/03/01 to display only files modified before March 1, 2020.
    • using today as a constant, e.g. >=today-7 to find files modified in the last seven days.

The searches can be combined. The filter >1g >today-90 finds all files over 1 Gigabyte in size that have been modified in the last 90 days.

You may need to place some filename searches into quotes if they match these parameters.

Another new feature of WizFile 3.0 is the new "not" operator to exclude the specified term from the search results. The search image !*.jpg finds all files with image in the name that don't have the jpg extension.

Search is still as fast as before, as results are populated instantly once you start typing in the search field. It should even be faster than before as the speed has increased significantly according to the changelog.

Previously, when you wanted to use WizFile, you had to bring it to the front manually. The release of WizFile 3.0 changes that as it adds a global shortcut to bring it to the foreground. Use Ctrl-Windows-W to activate the WizFile window to run searches.

WizFile 3.0 includes several other meaningful additions. The application supports Windows Dark Mode now, there is a new clear and reset filters option which you can activate by holding down Shift while clicking on the clear button or by using Shift-F6.

Users find a "launch applications as administrator" option that is off by default; enabling the option launches WizFile with administrative rights, and that means that any application that is started from WizFile will have elevated rights as well.

Closing Words

WizFile is one of the fastest file search tools for Windows. It returns results immediately, and the new filtering options make it even more versatile than before.

Now You: how do you search for files on Windows?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post WizFile 3.00: massive update for fast file search tool appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 27, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Fast Start-up doesn't work after updating to ver 2004

Hi,

I'm sorry that the solution provided previously didn't work so as to the next step in making the fast startup option work I would suggest you make sure Hibernate option is enabled, please follow the below to enable Hibernate along with Fast Startup Option

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

Step 1:

Press the Windows button on the keyboard to open the Start menu or Start screen.

Step 2:

Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.

Step 3:

When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

Step 4:

At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.

Step 5:

Restart the PC

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 27, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. WizFile 3.00: massive update for fast file search tool - Similar Threads - WizFile massive update

2. Massive dberrors.log file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive dberrors.log file: I have discovered that in recant weeks a huge DBerrors.og file has been building up on my Windows 10 PC. It contains millions of messages of the form:2024-01-01 11:56:58.009; Error Type: Codebase; Error Severity: Error Description: Codebase Error=-310 80085, file=FTACCESSED,...
  3. Massive dberrors.log file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Massive dberrors.log file: I have discovered that in recant weeks a huge DBerrors.og file has been building up on my Windows 10 PC. It contains millions of messages of the form:2024-01-01 11:56:58.009; Error Type: Codebase; Error Severity: Error Description: Codebase Error=-310 80085, file=FTACCESSED,...
  4. Massive dberrors.log file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Explorer Search Massively slow after updating to 20H2

Windows Explorer Search Massively slow after updating to 20H2: I have a problem with windows explorer after updating my PC to 20H2 When I search using the search box it requires a lot of time to get the result or even sometimes it doesn't show anything at all Tried to rebuild the windows search indexing but it didn't work nor windows...
  6. File History backup tool in Windows 10 is MASSIVELY buggy

File History backup tool in Windows 10 is MASSIVELY buggy: I had set up File History to start backing up files from a source location to a target location on an attached USB drive. I noted that some folders in the target location were incomplete, and had planned on investigating further. Today I found that thousands of files in the...
  7. Massive update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive update?: Is there some sort of massive update i'm not aware of? My windows has been uodating for 6 hours already, still only 19% complete and litteraly today (I'm a gamer) most of my games have new updates and content...This is the longest I have been waiting for windows to update, so...
  8. laplink - with fiber optic usb 3 SHARE FILES FAST ?

laplink - with fiber optic usb 3 SHARE FILES FAST ?: So I am thinking on taking this cable : a driverless usb 3 [ATTACH] and then getting this : USB 3.0 Fiber Optic Cable 95ft, CableCreation Active USB 3.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cord with Micro USB Power Supply Port, High Speed 5Gbps, Zinc... Size:95ft [ATTACH] That...
  9. Search Tool

in Cortana
    Search Tool: Hi I can not find the contents in pdf file by using Forder Exploer. Please support !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-tool/bd9e22d5-e567-4149-812c-24131ad9e50a"
  10. INTEL - System - 10/3/2016 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.1.38

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INTEL - System - 10/3/2016 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.1.38: I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 (downloaded it from Microsoft.com). When it was installed, it ran windows updates automatically and downloaded all drivers and other relevant updates. In the history I saw a driver update "INTEL - System - 10/3/2016 12:00:00 AM -...