Windows 10: WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware

Discus and support WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks For VMware WKS 14.1.3 users (and equivalent VMware player version) I've submitted a defect / bug report to VMware. Hopefully it will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Aug 31, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware

Hi folks
    For VMware WKS 14.1.3 users (and equivalent VMware player version) I've submitted a defect / bug report to VMware. Hopefully it will be addressed in next update - however as I pointed out the "get around" is simple - start VMware player / workstation in administrator mode before opening the VM so whether they will release a fix just for this problem --who knows.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 31, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Vmware WKS 12 - max PHYSICAL disk size

Hi there

anybody know what Max HDD size is allowed in VMware workstation (PHYSICAL Disk)

I've seen plenty of references to Max VIRTUAL HDD size - and that's 8TB - but what about when using a PHYSICAL HDD.

I have a RAID array of 9.1 TB attached as a Physical HDD -- my VM accepts it just fine

Can I actually USE the whole 9.1 TB or will the Host stop after 8TB.

The Host actually doesn't see the HDD in Windows File explorer as it's offline to Windows and formatted with XFS.

WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware [​IMG]

In the VM capacity is shown as 9.1 TB which is correct.

WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 31, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    VMWARE WKS - 12.1 Enable printing ?? Solved

Hi there

VMWARE WKS 12.1 seems to have an error on both LINUX and WINDOWS Hosts.
    If you try and attach a printer to the VM you get "Printing must be globally enabled" message in the VMware VM configuration.

There's nowhere to set this !!!!!.

Any way of adding it manually to the actual vmx (config) file itself --often there's options you can set in that which don't appear in the vm gui editor.

Edit : Fixed -- you need to choose edit--->preferences in the VM menu -- Documentation not clear !!!! for PLAYER it's in File. ???

Another issue - can't get Bridged networking to work on Anniversary build (W10 build 1607).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 31, 2018
  4. jimbo45 Win User

VMware new build

Hi there
    Seems to be OK -- but two things on running an existing W10 VM on CENTOS 7 after upgrading to WKS 12.1

1) VM tools - install doesn't start or show the "virtual CD" where you can install manually with the.exe file.
    2) After the logon screen appears it takes a bit of a while of random hitting keyboard keys to get the Login (where you enter user name etc).

I'm going to use another W10 VM on another system -- I'll uninstall vmware tools before I try the upgrade to wks 12.1

(Note these "defects" are on a LINUX HOST -- they might not nbe applicable to running on a Windows Host).

Cheers
    jimbo.

jimbo45, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

1. WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware - Similar Threads - WKS defect forwarded

2. VMWare WKS 20H1 evaluation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare WKS 20H1 evaluation: Hi folks Noticed so far : 1) Evaluation seems to last until 31 Oct 2020 2) you cannot disable debugging mode -- so it's possible that the performance could be slightly degraded -- can't say I've noticed it yet though. 3) Linux VM's with a GUI don't allow 1920 X 1080 screen...
  3. VMWARE WKS rel 15 really efficient

VMWARE WKS rel 15 really efficient: Hi Folks On a desktop running W10 (Hundur in diagram) I'm running easily concurrently 2 Linux Virtual servers marked SAMBA server … - one serving Music, the other videos, TV, Movies etc, one XP VM, and 2 W10 X-64 VM's. [img] response time is fine on all of them VMWare...
  4. VMWare WKS 15 - attaching devices -- great new feature

VMWare WKS 15 - attaching devices -- great new feature: Hi there I noticed using WKS 15 a great new feature -- a screen prompt comes up asking if you want to connect the device to the HOST or the VM. (Also you can drop down to choose the VM if you have several running). [img] Sometimes you want it to the HOST, sometimes to...
  5. VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade

VMWare WKS 15 definitely worthwhile upgrade: Hi folks The VMWare WKS release 15 definitely a worthwhile upgrade -- better snapshot managing, memory etc --I/O seems to have been really better optimised too. Haven't tested all the features but I'm impressed so far -- also annoying defect of having to run in admin mode...
  6. VMware users Release 15 WKS now out

VMware users Release 15 WKS now out: Hi folks To VMware users WKS rel 15 and appropriate player release(s) are now out. Upgrading currently will see how it pans out -- while I still can get it from work !!! Cheers jimbo 118490
  7. VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out

VMware users WKS 14.1.3 build now out: Hi folks VMware users build 14.1.3 is available both for Linux and Windows Hosts - Free upgrade. Appropriate upgrade for users of the free VMware player as well. From VMware menu --help --check for upgrades should get you to download / install. I use both VMWARE...
  8. VMWARE WKS - 12.1 Enable printing ?? Solved

VMWARE WKS - 12.1 Enable printing ?? Solved: Hi there VMWARE WKS 12.1 seems to have an error on both LINUX and WINDOWS Hosts. If you try and attach a printer to the VM you get "Printing must be globally enabled" message in the VMware VM configuration. There's nowhere to set this !!!!!. Any way of adding it...
  9. Vmware WKS 12 - max PHYSICAL disk size

Vmware WKS 12 - max PHYSICAL disk size: Hi there anybody know what Max HDD size is allowed in VMware workstation (PHYSICAL Disk) I've seen plenty of references to Max VIRTUAL HDD size - and that's 8TB - but what about when using a PHYSICAL HDD. I have a RAID array of 9.1 TB attached as a Physical HDD -- my...
  10. Vmware wokstation downgrade to WKS 10 on Linux host

Vmware wokstation downgrade to WKS 10 on Linux host: Hi there. While we are on a Windows Forum I know some people run Linux here - so if you find that Workstation or Player (VMWARE) 11 / 7 doesn't work properly on a LINUX HOST (I've still got problems with Unity and random freezes running Windows 8.1 and 10 guests) then to...