Windows 10: WLAN Adapter disconnects frequently, not active - seems to be related to energy options -...

Discus and support WLAN Adapter disconnects frequently, not active - seems to be related to energy options -... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1. latest Win10 Update and latest Realtek driver installed 2. after a while, most likely after stand by wake-up or energy modes WLAN adapter is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MyOmid, May 30, 2020.

1. MyOmid Win User

WLAN Adapter disconnects frequently, not active - seems to be related to energy options -...

1. latest Win10 Update and latest Realtek driver installed

2. after a while, most likely after stand by wake-up or energy modes WLAN adapter is not active - Just deactive wlan network adapter , reactivate it works

3. most likely as well related only in Mode 802.11/a/n/ac 5Ghz not so often faced with 2 GHz 802.11/b/g/n

Which options could help to prevent this frequent behaviour ?

Thx

:)

MyOmid, May 30, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter

"Anyone any idea how to install the drivers mentioned above? As Windows Update does not 'see' them."
    It does not see them because that is your list of hidden updates. You can simply check the ones you want to go thru and the next Windows Update will see them but auto install, so be careful if you don't actually want them.

"I am having troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter, so I would like to try a driver update."
    Best thing to do and not screw up the list of Hidden Updates you already have, is go to Device Manager (Win+X), expand Bluetooth to see installed drivers. Then r-click the driver/Update Driver Software/Search automatically ... If there is a newer one, it will auto install. Test, if not happy roll back by doing same steps except click Properties and use roll back option. Good Luck

WLAN Adapter disconnects frequently, not active - seems to be related to energy options -... [​IMG]

mrgeek, May 30, 2020
  3. HaPe---01 Win User
    Energy saving hint: WLAN power saving mode

I recently detected a possibility to save very much energy with the N8. In fact it doubled my possible usage time.

Go to your WLAN settings and check whether the option "power saving mode" is activated.

If not, do it.I'm not sure, but it seems that the option is not active by default.

I'm not facing any negative effect during using WLANs.

The very positive effect: during the workday in my office a WLAN is reachable, but I m not allowed to use (no password). Even here the powersaving mode is working. The N8 seems to be able to spend less energy also when in range of unknown WLANS.

With the "Nokia battery monitor" my estimation for "Active use" gets doubles from around ~12h to ~25h.

I hope this hint is useful for you.

HaPe---01, May 30, 2020
  4. WLAN Adapter disconnects frequently, not active - seems to be related to energy options -...

WLAN Adapter issues

Hello all,

So i've been having an issue with my WLAN adapter and based on my research it seems this is a common problem after upgrading to Windows 10 (although in my case the upgrade happened many months ago, long before this issue arose).

My wifi connection would randomly die, and the WLAN adapter (Realtek RTL8188EE) would disappear under device manager. Based on my research again I took following steps

1)Updating Drivers (no result)

2)Registry deletion of pre existing VPNS etc (no result, as expected since i've never used a VPN)

A clean install was suggested, so I did that. Some results, although problems still arose albeit less frequently.

After that it was suggested I 'roll back' my drivers, which also had no effect. Then suggested to perform 'network reset' which once again worked off and on. Then suggested to uninstall the adapter and restart. That worked!HOWEVER since I wasn't 100% sure
    how to backup my files and all again so I had created a system image. Upon restoring a system image of my computer from before the clean install, the issue arose again. So I REperformed the clean install, this time relying on the 'keep personal files only'
    aspect of the install. Unfortunately, the same problems arose again. so I took the same steps. HERE IS WHERE my current problem lies and I need help.

So to fix the issue again, I did the network reset, which didn't work. Then I uninstalled the adapter and restarted my computer...and now it won't show up. At all! No matter what I do, the WLAN adapter has disappeared from device manager, and I do not know
    how to get it back!! I can't install new/updated drivers manually, because there's nothing there to install to!

Is there any way I can get my adapter back online, or will I have to perform the clean install again ?

I apologise if perhaps i'm not describing some of my steps/problems super clearly, i'm not very good at this sort of thing...

ParikshitDas_94, May 30, 2020
Thema:

WLAN Adapter disconnects frequently, not active - seems to be related to energy options -...

1. WLAN Adapter disconnects frequently, not active - seems to be related to energy options -... - Similar Threads - WLAN Adapter disconnects

2. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter frequent disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter frequent disconnect: Hi folks,We're having some trouble here with Wireless Display Adapters on our old projectors Epson models, primarily, EB-470, EB-570 and EB-685 models. The display adapter works fine most of the time, but any time one of our employees needs to stream handwriting, particularly...
  3. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter frequent disconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter frequent disconnect: Hi folks,We're having some trouble here with Wireless Display Adapters on our old projectors Epson models, primarily, EB-470, EB-570 and EB-685 models. The display adapter works fine most of the time, but any time one of our employees needs to stream handwriting, particularly...
  4. Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless Adapter Frequent Disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless Adapter Frequent Disconnect: Hoping someone can help me with a problem with my Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless Adapter. The PC is only a couple months old and other than my wireless internet connection seeming slower than other devices in the house, there was no problem until a week or two ago. Now I'm...
  5. Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless Adapter Frequent Disconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless Adapter Frequent Disconnect: Hoping someone can help me with a problem with my Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless Adapter. The PC is only a couple months old and other than my wireless internet connection seeming slower than other devices in the house, there was no problem until a week or two ago. Now I'm...
  6. Realtek RTL8192EE Wireless Adapter Frequent Disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wireless Adapter frequent disconnects.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Adapter frequent disconnects.: My Microsoft wireless adapter is only three feet away from my controller in a direct line of sight. Some times there are no connection interruptions at all. Other times I'll have a connection interruption at least once every half hour. Losing the connection is extremely...
  8. WLAN disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN disconnecting: The symptoms I was seeing was random disconnection that required disabling wifi and re-enabling it. Very random looking packet lag on a perfectly clean wifi network, and a 99% chance of needing to do a reboot if you put the machine to sleep and wake it up. Without the reboot...
  9. Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect

Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect: Hello, I am running a desktop Lenovo M81 SFF, with Windows 10 with most recent updates. I use this as a headless server that i remotely access with remote desktop and it is connevted with an ethernet cable to my router. Every couple of days it seems that the computer...
  10. Deleted WLAN wifi adapter

Deleted WLAN wifi adapter: It was just recently when I used my windows laptop and my wifi adapter stopped working after I turned it on after the sleep mode. I didn't see any wifi button after pressing the wifi icon on my taskbar It showed ared x with the ethernet logo but i have never used the ethernet...