Windows 10: WLAN adapter hangs when switching networks and wifi and adapter setting refuse to open....

Discus and support WLAN adapter hangs when switching networks and wifi and adapter setting refuse to open.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So my wireless network adapter hangs everytime I try to switch networks or connect to a network. Also when I wake the laptop from sleep, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abhinav09, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Abhinav09 Win User

WLAN adapter hangs when switching networks and wifi and adapter setting refuse to open....

Hi,

So my wireless network adapter hangs everytime I try to switch networks or connect to a network. Also when I wake the laptop from sleep, the wireless adapter doesn't automatically connect to a network that's is set to automatically connect to and in range. When the adapter hangs, the wifi settings from the settings app doesn't open and instead hangs too. The right-click menu on the wifi icon on the systems tray doesn't pop. Also the adapter setting from Network & Sharing Centre refuse to open during this time. I have had this issue for a few months now and the only workaround that I found is to troubleshoot the connection and network adapte,r everytime I need to change my network. Even switching the adapter on and off puts the adapter in an unresponsive mode. Even the device manager hangs when I try to disable the wireless adapter.​

Also there are some errors in the log regarding windows time which is more of a secondary concern.​

I just can't understand what the problem is.

Below are the errors in the event viewer.

Error 1-

Log Name: System

Source: rt640x64

Date: 03-07-2020 01:10:52

Event ID: 1

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Dell

Description:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller is disconnected from network.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="rt640x64" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32768">1</EventID>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-03T07:40:52.040000500Z" />

<EventRecordID>30818</EventRecordID>

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Dell</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>\Device\NDMP2</Data>

<Data>Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller</Data>

<Binary>00000000020030000000000001000080000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Error 2-

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig

Date: 03-07-2020 01:10:57

Event ID: 10002

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Description:

WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig" Guid="{9580d7dd-0379-4658-9870-d5be7d52d6de}" />

<EventID>10002</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-03T07:40:57.260396700Z" />

<EventRecordID>30821</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="3064" ThreadID="13764" />

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="ExtensibleModulePath">C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Error 3 -

Next Error-

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date: 03-07-2020 01:12:21

Event ID: 10016

Keywords: Classic

User: DELL\Pankaj

Description:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user Dell\Pankaj SID S-1-5-21-632892296-3864935484-407054292-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-03T07:42:21.056913000Z" />

<EventRecordID>30835</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{75b067d5-da38-4f4f-b8ac-12878f00767b}" />

<Execution ProcessID="992" ThreadID="16272" />

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-632892296-3864935484-407054292-1001" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>

<Data Name="param2">Local</Data>

<Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>

<Data Name="param4">{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}</Data>

<Data Name="param5">{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}</Data>

<Data Name="param6">Dell</Data>

<Data Name="param7">Pankaj</Data>

<Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-632892296-3864935484-407054292-1001</Data>

<Data Name="param9">LocalHost Using LRPC</Data>

<Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>

<Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Error 4 -

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service

Date: 03-07-2020 01:10:56

Event ID: 134

Keywords:

User: LOCAL SERVICE

Description:

NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. 0x80072AF9

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service" Guid="{06edcfeb-0fd0-4e53-acca-a6f8bbf81bcb}" />

<EventID>134</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-03T07:40:56.823313500Z" />

<EventRecordID>30820</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4000" ThreadID="7900" />

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

<EventData Name="TMP_EVENT_MANUAL_PEER_DNS_ERROR">

<Data Name="ErrorMessage">No such host is known. 0x80072AF9</Data>

<Data Name="RetryMinutes">15</Data>

<Data Name="DomainPeer">time.windows.com,0x9</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Error 5-

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service

Date: 03-07-2020 01:12:40

Event ID: 134

Keywords:

User: LOCAL SERVICE

Description:

NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. 0x80072AF9

Event Xml:

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service" Guid="{06edcfeb-0fd0-4e53-acca-a6f8bbf81bcb}" />

<EventID>134</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-03T07:42:40.534189900Z" />

<EventRecordID>30837</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4000" ThreadID="15348" />

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

<EventData Name="TMP_EVENT_MANUAL_PEER_DNS_ERROR">

<Data Name="ErrorMessage">No such host is known. 0x80072AF9</Data>

<Data Name="RetryMinutes">15</Data>

<Data Name="DomainPeer">time.windows.com,0x9</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Abhinav09, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Zontir Win User

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Switching Network Adapters Hangs

Hi Jimmy,

The issue that you’ve encountered when changing the network adapter on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched or the device driver is outdated. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided
    in this article on how to fix network connection issues in Windows
    . Once you’re on the page, you may expand and proceed with the steps from each option, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to switch the adapters properly.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jul 3, 2020
  4. WLAN adapter hangs when switching networks and wifi and adapter setting refuse to open....

Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled

The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows 10 Machine using the following commands (have done this several times before and it has worked fine):
    netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME key=PASSWORD
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    But to my nasty surprise, I was responded with:
    The hosted network couldn’t be started.
    The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
    Now I've looked everywhere online for a solution to my problem here. The underlying issue appears to be that my Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver is missing in Device Manager (when showing hidden drivers). This appears to be a result of an update to my WLAN Adapter (Will list spec at end). Here are the following things I have tried:

1. Looked for Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver in Device Manager as a Hidden device - Not there.
    2. Disabled WLAN Adapter and Enabled to refresh drivers
    3. Scanned for Hardware changed in DM
    4. Tried rolling back WLAN Adapter to oldest version - 09/2015
    5. Updated WLAN Adapter to latest version - 23/08/2016
    6. Searched the Lenovo website for their default WLAN Adapter driver, downloaded and installed - but was the same one I had as my updated version
    7. Looked for older editions of the adapter, but they either installed but didn't have the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter, or weren't compatible with my machine.
    8. Restarted my machine after every change made to the network adapters
    9. Uninstalled LAN Adapter and reinstalled.
    What I've read is that some of the new WLAN Adapters have stopped including the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter in their installation package. Not sure how true this is but it would explain the sudden uninstallation of it.
    I think that's pretty much everything. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Machine Model: Lenovo 100-15IBD
    WLAN Network Driver: Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN Driver version 2023.37.0616.2016

SemiTechLife, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

WLAN adapter hangs when switching networks and wifi and adapter setting refuse to open....

1. WLAN adapter hangs when switching networks and wifi and adapter setting refuse to open.... - Similar Threads - WLAN adapter hangs

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  5. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  6. Wireless network adapter refuses to enable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless network adapter refuses to enable: I'm trying to enable my wireless network adapter as it says its disabled, but whenever I enable it nothing happens submitted by /u/oyvey331 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuqe02/wireless_network_adapter_refuses_to_enable/
  7. Deleted WLAN wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted WLAN wifi adapter: It was just recently when I used my windows laptop and my wifi adapter stopped working after I turned it on after the sleep mode. I didn't see any wifi button after pressing the wifi icon on my taskbar It showed ared x with the ethernet logo but i have never used the ethernet...
  8. No network adapter or WiFi option in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    No network adapter or WiFi option in settings: I cant connect to the Internet with my fresh install on Windows 10,i installed it from a USB stick. There is no network adapter in device manager, when I troubleshoot it just says to insert SIM card its a 2 in 1 laptop. I don't have the option to connect to ether net and I...
  9. Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

Wifi adapter missing from network settings.: cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting. and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260. but i can connect to internet through ethernet. Please help 57188
  10. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...