Windows 10: WLAN adapter suddenly disappears

Discus and support WLAN adapter suddenly disappears in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For some reason during last few weeks, my computer shuts down wifi without any message. All the wifi options disappear and and it only shows that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jmppa, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Jmppa Win User

WLAN adapter suddenly disappears

Hi,

For some reason during last few weeks, my computer shuts down wifi without any message. All the wifi options disappear and and it only shows that Ethernet is not connected. At device manager I can find the wlan drivers from hidden section. When I open the driver properties, it says that the WLAN hardware is not connected to computer (Code 45).

The problem has been occurred for me few times and the only way that seems to fix it, is to shutdown computer, wait 10-20 min and maybe then it comes back up, like nothing have happened.

I have tried to reinstall the drivers but nothing seems to help.

For side note, I just Freedome VPN what might be the problem???

System: Windows 10

Laptop: Asus X570UD

Network adapter: Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
    Version: 2023.69.1101.2017

:)

Jmppa, Oct 25, 2018

2. WLAN Adapter issues

Hello all,

So i've been having an issue with my WLAN adapter and based on my research it seems this is a common problem after upgrading to Windows 10 (although in my case the upgrade happened many months ago, long before this issue arose).

My wifi connection would randomly die, and the WLAN adapter (Realtek RTL8188EE) would disappear under device manager. Based on my research again I took following steps

1)Updating Drivers (no result)

2)Registry deletion of pre existing VPNS etc (no result, as expected since i've never used a VPN)

A clean install was suggested, so I did that. Some results, although problems still arose albeit less frequently.

After that it was suggested I 'roll back' my drivers, which also had no effect. Then suggested to perform 'network reset' which once again worked off and on. Then suggested to uninstall the adapter and restart. That worked!HOWEVER since I wasn't 100% sure
    how to backup my files and all again so I had created a system image. Upon restoring a system image of my computer from before the clean install, the issue arose again. So I REperformed the clean install, this time relying on the 'keep personal files only'
    aspect of the install. Unfortunately, the same problems arose again. so I took the same steps. HERE IS WHERE my current problem lies and I need help.

So to fix the issue again, I did the network reset, which didn't work. Then I uninstalled the adapter and restarted my computer...and now it won't show up. At all! No matter what I do, the WLAN adapter has disappeared from device manager, and I do not know
    how to get it back!! I can't install new/updated drivers manually, because there's nothing there to install to!

Is there any way I can get my adapter back online, or will I have to perform the clean install again ?

I apologise if perhaps i'm not describing some of my steps/problems super clearly, i'm not very good at this sort of thing...

ParikshitDas_94, Oct 25, 2018
  3. mrgeek Win User
    troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter

"Anyone any idea how to install the drivers mentioned above? As Windows Update does not 'see' them."
    It does not see them because that is your list of hidden updates. You can simply check the ones you want to go thru and the next Windows Update will see them but auto install, so be careful if you don't actually want them.

"I am having troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter, so I would like to try a driver update."
    Best thing to do and not screw up the list of Hidden Updates you already have, is go to Device Manager (Win+X), expand Bluetooth to see installed drivers. Then r-click the driver/Update Driver Software/Search automatically ... If there is a newer one, it will auto install. Test, if not happy roll back by doing same steps except click Properties and use roll back option. Good Luck

WLAN adapter suddenly disappears [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 25, 2018
  4. HAL07 Win User

Suddenly stopped connecting to WLAN

I must admit that I might have turned options off and on around, but now I suddenly cannot connect to any WLANs anymore!

Under Settings > WLAN Settings, I've enabled WLAN. But it does not find any new networks.

In the menu all I see is

1. New...

2. default (my home network that it also cannot connect to)

At work I have at least a dozen different WLANs but none of them are listed.

The WLAN is ON in Comm manager.

HAL07, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. WLAN adapter suddenly disappears - Similar Threads - WLAN adapter suddenly

2. Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly: Hi, for past couple of days I have been noticing this problem, say I browse my net for sometime or do some other work, then I decide to run an application, a game,the application opens up, 5-10 seconds into the application, I see the bottom right corner suddenly showing I...
  3. Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter suddenly disappearing and not functioning properly: Hi, for past couple of days I have been noticing this problem, say I browse my net for sometime or do some other work, then I decide to run an application, a game,the application opens up, 5-10 seconds into the application, I see the bottom right corner suddenly showing I...
  4. Wlan disappeared from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wlan disappeared from my laptop: After having had some internet connection problems with one of my laptops, I tried some kind of reset sorry I can't be specific, since that function is now gone, together with the wlan option that was suggested by a window that appeared in Settings, telling me that windows...
  5. Wlan disappeared from my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wlan disappeared from my laptop: After having had some internet connection problems with one of my laptops, I tried some kind of reset sorry I can't be specific, since that function is now gone, together with the wlan option that was suggested by a window that appeared in Settings, telling me that windows...
  6. wlan Konflikt Realtek usb 2.0 wlan adapter mit Fritz!wlan Stick AC430

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wlan Konflikt Realtek usb 2.0 wlan adapter mit Fritz!wlan Stick AC430: Hallo community Nach jedem update im win 10 insiderprogramm ist zunächst kein Internetzugang über wlan möglich. es sieht so aus, als ob der wlanstick ständig aus- und eingeschaltet wird. Ich habe das so gelöst, dass ich nach jedem update mit dem Gerätemanager erst den...
  7. Wlan Driver just disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wlan Driver just disappeared: Hello, could someone please help me. My mother's laptot (Thomson Neo14A-4SL-O) decided not to find any internet connexions today, by checking the drivers I realized that the WLAN driver is not there anymore, I'm trying to find a way to repair it (knowing that I already have...
  8. Wlan suddenly doesn't work and cannot enable wireless network adapter

Wlan suddenly doesn't work and cannot enable wireless network adapter: Hi, it has been a while that my new Dell-laptopWin 10 suddenly disconnects Wifi for no reason, but then will reconnect to Wifi after several seconds. Starting from the last week, after disconnecting the wifi, my laptop cannot find any wifi signal. In the control panel, the...
  9. My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working

My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working: My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared. if I check network properties, it shows qualcomm atheros AR956x wireless. But cant find anywhere. windows 10 is installed on my pc...
  10. Deleted WLAN wifi adapter

Deleted WLAN wifi adapter: It was just recently when I used my windows laptop and my wifi adapter stopped working after I turned it on after the sleep mode. I didn't see any wifi button after pressing the wifi icon on my taskbar It showed ared x with the ethernet logo but i have never used the ethernet...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows kb4512937 wifi issues

2. kb4512937 issue with wifi