Windows 10: WLAN Auto Config

Discus and support WLAN Auto Config in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I posted about my wirless problem regarding how after every few second the audio and video would stuck for 2-3 seconds. But sadly, only 2-3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ashif HossainSajid, Jan 20, 2021.

1. WLAN Auto Config

Recently I posted about my wirless problem regarding how after every few second the audio and video would stuck for 2-3 seconds. But sadly, only 2-3 people gave suggestions but those were totally useless. Post Link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Speed-drops-every-few-seconds/m-...

Yesterday, I finally found the root of this problem. I was doing packet loss test on cmd prompt and I noticed huge ping spike in every 7-8 packets. I did some research and found out that it was due to the Wlan Auto Cofiguration being enabled. So I disabled it through cmd and the problem was solved instantly. Enabling it again brings the trouble back.

But the problem is, disabling it prevents windows from searching any wireless network. So each time I start windows or try to connect to another wireless network, I have to enable the auto config and disable again after connecting. This thing's very annoying and a huge headache. What can I do instead of typing that long command netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes/no interface="Wi-Fi" twice in cmd twice everytime I turn on PC? Is there a permanent solution to it??

Thanks for your time.

:)

Ashif HossainSajid, Jan 20, 2021
  2. jmmosher1 Win User

WLAN-Auto Config related errors on startup

I have a number of warnings and errors on startup. They seem to be related to WLAN Auto Config. I've created a couple of screenshots to show the stream of errors and warnings with the first minute of reboot.

jmmosher1, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Wlan Auto Config stopping automatically as soon as i update the window

Wlan Auto Config stopping automatically as soon as i update the window.

Original title: Windows 10

LeAnh Khoa, Jan 20, 2021
  4. DanNokio Win User

WLAN Auto Config

UNWANTED auto-connection to WLAN

Dear farby,

Thank you for your suggestions, and apologies for my delay in replying. Poor health.

I have tried each of the suggested solutions, but still do not have the wanted result.

• WLAN connection deleted and reconfigured. While the WLAN was absent, the provider internet connection began self-connection just as the WLAN had done.
      • On reconfiguring the WLAN, both it and the provider internet connection began self-connecting.
    • On re-setting the factory settings, as soon as boot completed, internet connection was requested. On dismissal of request, WLAN self-connected as before.

It would seem that something really wants to get out onto the web, or maybe the 'phone is just 'phoning home.

Please help.

DanNokio, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

WLAN Auto Config

1. WLAN Auto Config - Similar Threads - WLAN Auto Config

2. Wlan Auto config is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wlan Auto config is missing: Hello my wlan auto config service is missing and i dont know hoe to add it my wifi is on but i cant find any networks because of the missing service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-auto-config-is-missing/7098da1c-8459-40fc-8984-e92ea9340049
  3. Wlan Auto config is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wlan Auto config is missing: Hello my wlan auto config service is missing and i dont know hoe to add it my wifi is on but i cant find any networks because of the missing service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-auto-config-is-missing/7098da1c-8459-40fc-8984-e92ea9340049
  4. WLAN auto config is showing error 1068

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WLAN auto config is showing error 1068: So my wifi stops working out of nowhere. I decided to try fixing it on the internet. I get to WLAN config, and I try to start it but it doesn’t work and gives me the error code. I’ve tried updating my driver, I’ve tried network resetting. I can’t reset my computer and just...
  5. WLAN auto config is showing error 1068

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLAN auto config is showing error 1068: So my wifi stops working out of nowhere. I decided to try fixing it on the internet. I get to WLAN config, and I try to start it but it doesn’t work and gives me the error code. I’ve tried updating my driver, I’ve tried network resetting. I can’t reset my computer and just...
  6. Disable WLAN AutoConfig WiFi auto recovery function.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable WLAN AutoConfig WiFi auto recovery function.: Win10Pro 20H2 19042.928 I notices this behavior a few versions back and thought it was my WiFi card acting up but then noticed it on other Win10 computers. The service WLAN AutoConfig will monitor, disconnect and reconnect the WiFi network if the internet is unreachable....
  7. WLAN Auto Config Won't Run

WLAN Auto Config Won't Run: Hello,Following recent Windows 10 Definition update KB2267602, my Wifi USB adaoter has stopped workong so i have no internet.The first time this haooebed i ended up doing a system restart. This time ive tried a system restart and a systeM restore and its still not working. I...
  8. Wlan Auto Config Error 139: 0xc1

Wlan Auto Config Error 139: 0xc1: So first off, this happened randomly I have been using my all-in-one daily for a while due to covid, and I logged on one morning to see that it wouldn't connect to the Internet, it couldn't find any connections when I did a troubleshoot it said that Windows wireless service...
  9. WLAN config still 'strating' and can't 'running'

WLAN config still 'strating' and can't 'running': I don't know why this occurs... because before I took my online class, everything is fine : and then I used all methods to fix it and it doesn't work. I already do restart the laptop, restart the IPC, setting the WLAN config from manual to automatic, reinstall adapter until...
  10. Thunderbird -- can't disable auto config --FIXED !!!

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird -- can't disable auto config --FIXED !!!: Hi there I'm trying to add a new email account in Thunderbird Somehow latest release tries to "Dumb down" the manual configuration and attempts to do it automatically. However the email server I'm using isn't in Thunderbird's database so it seems to stay in an...