Windows 10: WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start

Discus and support WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Tried to do manual start, but it gives error: Error 0x800c0006: The system cannot locate the object specified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OnkarKulkarni1, Dec 26, 2018.

1. WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start

Tried to do manual start, but it gives error:

Error 0x800c0006: The system cannot locate the object specified

:)

OnkarKulkarni1, Dec 26, 2018

2. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again.

• After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP, cable modem, and router, leaving the issue to be something within the computer (Dell laptop - Inspiron 7537).
    • The wired connection works fine
    • When I run Windows Network Diagnosis, it tells me that the Windows Wireless Service is not running (see attached pdf report)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service, i get an error message that says "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error 193:0xc1" (see attached)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt (as Admin) I get a slightly different message that says "The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting. The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 193 has occurred. *** is not a valid Win32 application." (see attached)
    • I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell (V18.20.0.9) for the Wireless-N 7260 wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This didn't help.
    • I've attached some screenshots and a pdf copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report.
    • WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start [​IMG]
    • WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start [​IMG]
    • Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report.pdf

yellowjacket03, Dec 26, 2018
  3. WLAN Autoconfig stuck in "Stopping" status after Win10 update

Hi,

To resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start button found at the lower left hand corner of your screen.
    • Go to Task Manager.
    • Click on the Processes tab.
    • On the list of processes, look for WLAN Autoconfig.
    • Right click, and click on End task.
    • Once done, search for services.msc.
    • Click on WLAN Autoconfig. Confirm that your Startup type is Automatic, and
      Service status is Started.
    • Once confirmed, check if you will be able to connect to your Wi-Fi connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Tronerxx Win User

WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start

Can't start Windows Connection Manager and WLAN AutoConfig

Hello there!

So I can't connect to my wifi and think I have located the problem. My WLAN AutoConfig is not running and when i try to start it I get this massage "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig servies on local computer. Error 1068: the dependency service
    or group failed to start."

After look under dependencies I found that everything ran exept Windows Connection Manager. When I try to start it I get the same massage as above. I then look at Windows Connection Manager dependencies all of the other steps was running

Any ideas?

Tronerxx, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start

1. WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start - Similar Threads - WLAN AutoConfig doesn't

2. WLAN AutoConfig stuck on stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLAN AutoConfig stuck on stopping: Hey so I tried stopping WLAN AutoConfig to fix my laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi and it's stuck on stopping. This has also affected my Linux distros and I ran sfc /scannow and nothing was wrong please help!!!!Edit: Do I have to reset the entire computer or run Services as...
  3. WLAN AutoConfig stuck on stopping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WLAN AutoConfig stuck on stopping: Hey so I tried stopping WLAN AutoConfig to fix my laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi and it's stuck on stopping. This has also affected my Linux distros and I ran sfc /scannow and nothing was wrong please help!!!!Edit: Do I have to reset the entire computer or run Services as...
  4. WLAN AutoConfig

WLAN AutoConfig: Was having an issue with my hard drive and fixed it by clean booting. Upon doing so WLAN auto config has turned itself off and I can not seem for the life of me to get it to come back on. I also cannot access system file checker nor reset my pc for some reason.Regards,...
  5. WLAN AutoConfig can't be started, error:1068

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN AutoConfig can't be started, error:1068: Windows Connection Manager can't be started, it started then stopped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-autoconfig-cant-be-started-error1068/af2c378a-ac23-4830-9530-71e99507dc75
  6. WLAN Autoconfig issues

WLAN Autoconfig issues: Hi, event viewer describes this as a issue: WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll Error Code: 126 I have done every single thing that all the guides/steps say to do WLANauto config is set to automatic and is on in...
  7. WLAN Autoconfig Service not available

WLAN Autoconfig Service not available: Hi, I am facing problem in connecting my WIFI. I am having windows 10 Pro but in Services WLAN Autoconfig is not showing. Also WlanSvc is not available. [ATTACH]...
  8. WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically

WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically: Each time I restart my PC, I have to start the WLAN AutoConfig service manually. The service property is set to automatic but it still doesn't start. Also, something seems to take several hours to time out waiting for an internet connection when the PC restarts. Can anyone...
  9. Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig (error 1068)

Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig (error 1068): I cannot connect with wireless adapter to Wifi with desktop running on Windows 10. I replaced wireless adapter but still not connecting. I access WLAN AutoConfig, attempt to start it and received error 1068. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks. Blaise...
  10. WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Error 0x800c0006

WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Error 0x800c0006: I don't know what happened , may be i deleted something , after that wifi option and mobile hotspot option is not showing , i tried for fixes .There it was mentioned to star WLAn autoconfig services while i did this message occoured WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wlan autoconfig service startet nicht

2. wlan autocongig manual

3. WLAN autoconfig not starting 1809

4. error 0x800c0006,
  5. wlan autoconfig service status started but doesnt run,
  6. wired autoconfig doesnt appears win 10