Windows 10: WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate...

Discus and support WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know what happened , may be i deleted something , after that wifi option and mobile hotspot option is not showing , i tried for fixes .There it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GouravBhaumik, Sep 29, 2018.

1. WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate...

I don't know what happened , may be i deleted something , after that wifi option and mobile hotspot option is not showing , i tried for fixes .There it was mentioned to star WLAn autoconfig services while i did this message occoured WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate the object specified.

:)

GouravBhaumik, Sep 29, 2018

2. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again.

• After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP, cable modem, and router, leaving the issue to be something within the computer (Dell laptop - Inspiron 7537).
    • The wired connection works fine
    • When I run Windows Network Diagnosis, it tells me that the Windows Wireless Service is not running (see attached pdf report)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service, i get an error message that says "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error 193:0xc1" (see attached)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt (as Admin) I get a slightly different message that says "The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting. The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 193 has occurred. *** is not a valid Win32 application." (see attached)
    • I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell (V18.20.0.9) for the Wireless-N 7260 wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This didn't help.
    • I've attached some screenshots and a pdf copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report.
    • WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate... [​IMG]
    • WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate... [​IMG]
    • Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report.pdf

yellowjacket03, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Error 0x800c0006

I've tried what you said but it turns out it's not disabled and when I try to start WLAN AutoConfig, it comes up with the 'Error 0x800c0006'.

My Laptop is a ACER Aspire E1 Series Z5WE1. Please tell me if you need more information.

RaviEyongo6198, Sep 29, 2018
  4. WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate...

WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate the object specified.

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

As you are unable to find previous versions, I suggest you to perform a System Restore by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• In the login screen, hold the “Shift” key and click on power icon and click on
      Restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on System Restore and follow the prompts to restore the system.

Note: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring. During
    System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead to loss of important
    files as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate...

1. WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network problem - Error 0x800c0006 The system cannot locate... - Similar Threads - WLAN AutoConfig starting

2. WLAN AutoConfig

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WLAN AutoConfig: Was having an issue with my hard drive and fixed it by clean booting. Upon doing so WLAN auto config has turned itself off and I can not seem for the life of me to get it to come back on. I also cannot access system file checker nor reset my pc for some reason.Regards,...
  3. Issue with Wifi Wlan Autoconfig, Error 1068

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Wifi Wlan Autoconfig, Error 1068: Issue started this morning when my laptop - out of nowhere - stopped detecting any wireless network whatsoever!Lan works fine That's how I am writing this post. First I tried the normal solutions: Update, enable/disable, uninstall/install network wireless adaptors.- No...
  4. WLAN AutoConfig can't be started, error:1068

WLAN AutoConfig can't be started, error:1068: Windows Connection Manager can't be started, it started then stopped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-autoconfig-cant-be-started-error1068/af2c378a-ac23-4830-9530-71e99507dc75
  5. WLAN Autoconfig issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WLAN Autoconfig issues: Hi, event viewer describes this as a issue: WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll Error Code: 126 I have done every single thing that all the guides/steps say to do WLANauto config is set to automatic and is on in...
  6. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig Service. Error 122:

Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig Service. Error 122:: The Wi-Fi list is empty. Even if I use external Wireless USB Dongle, the Wi-Fi list is empty. But, on Ubuntu, there isn't any problem. I do not know exactly when this problem came. I was using Ubuntu since the last 3-4 days. Dell Inspiron 3421, running Windows 10 Pro 2004...
  7. WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically

WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically: Each time I restart my PC, I have to start the WLAN AutoConfig service manually. The service property is set to automatic but it still doesn't start. Also, something seems to take several hours to time out waiting for an internet connection when the PC restarts. Can anyone...
  8. Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig (error 1068)

Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig (error 1068): I cannot connect with wireless adapter to Wifi with desktop running on Windows 10. I replaced wireless adapter but still not connecting. I access WLAN AutoConfig, attempt to start it and received error 1068. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks. Blaise...
  9. WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start

WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start: Tried to do manual start, but it gives error: Error 0x800c0006: The system cannot locate the object specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-autoconfig-doesnt-start/7bcad972-11ba-44ad-9d90-d8f3bff9b11a
  10. WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Error 0x800c0006

WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Error 0x800c0006: I don't know what happened , may be i deleted something , after that wifi option and mobile hotspot option is not showing , i tried for fixes .There it was mentioned to star WLAn autoconfig services while i did this message occoured WLAN AutoConfig Not starting. Network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wlan autoconfig not starting

2. windows could not start the wlan autoconfig service on local computer error 0x800c0006

3. wlan autoconfig windows 10 shown as starting

4. wlan autoconfig the sysyem cannot locate the object specified,
  5. wlan autoconfig stuck in starting,
  6. wlan auto config not starting,
  7. wlan auto config the system cannot locate the object specified,
  8. wlan autoconfig wont allow me to start cannot locate the object specified,
  9. error 0x800c0006,
  10. wlan autoconfig cannot locate object specifies,
  11. USB drive was inserted which caused the WLAN Autoconfig to shutdown,
  12. dot3svc wired autoconfig wont start win7 1068