Windows 10: WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC

Discus and support WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I saw a question about my issue on this site from 2014 and because I am suffering from basically the same issue, I will be using his/her... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TRD101, Jan 21, 2021.

1. TRD101 Win User

WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC

Hello, I saw a question about my issue on this site from 2014 and because I am suffering from basically the same issue, I will be using his/her question -

Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig services on Local Computer.

Error 193: 0xc1

I spent a few hours online and tried everything I could do to solve the error but could not figure it out. It appears to be relatively common but none of the solutions online appear to work for me.

Startup type for the WLAN service is on automatic.

There are no files named program in my C:\ drive, nor is there a GFI file or folder in my program files drive.

I have no system restore points before the most recent update for some reason. I would prefer not to do a full system reset, and I have tried to do a partial reset but errors have stopped me from resetting.

Please help, I would rather by using my PC online rather than offline. Update version is KB4598242.

:)

TRD101, Jan 21, 2021

2. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again.

• After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP, cable modem, and router, leaving the issue to be something within the computer (Dell laptop - Inspiron 7537).
    • The wired connection works fine
    • When I run Windows Network Diagnosis, it tells me that the Windows Wireless Service is not running (see attached pdf report)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service, i get an error message that says "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error 193:0xc1" (see attached)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt (as Admin) I get a slightly different message that says "The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting. The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 193 has occurred. *** is not a valid Win32 application." (see attached)
    • I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell (V18.20.0.9) for the Wireless-N 7260 wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This didn't help.
    • I've attached some screenshots and a pdf copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report.
    • WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC [​IMG]
    • WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC [​IMG]
    • Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report.pdf

yellowjacket03, Jan 21, 2021
  3. WLan autoconfig setting is missing in the services app

hello,

I have recently lost wireless internet connectivity. I am a little tech savvy and so i thought i'de be able to solve the issue myself, but after about six hours i am looking for help.

while looking for solutions to my problem i came across lots of references to the windows service "WLan autoconfig" and how it must be set as a startup service. however, looking in my list of services, i only see WWan autoconfig (which is not running and
    set to manual) and no Wlan autoconfig. I suspect that this may be the issue, as everything else looks fine. i have reinstalled adapter drivers. windows diagnostics says that "windows couldnt automatically bind the ip protocol stack to the network adapter".
    i have already attempted a network reset. ethernet still works fine. i doubt this is a hardware issue as bluetooth still works (though im not sure if bluetooth depends on the network adapter)

im having this issue on my laptop which uses a qualcomm atheros QCA9377 network adapter.

any help would be appreciated

ArvinKhoshboresh, Jan 21, 2021
  4. WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC

WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically

Each time I restart my PC, I have to start the WLAN AutoConfig service manually. The service property is set to automatic but it still doesn't start. Also, something seems to take several hours to time out waiting for an internet connection when the PC
    restarts. Can anyone help with either:

1. Why does WLAN AutoConfig not start automatically?

2. How do I find out what is timing out and holding up the restart?

Thanks

GeoffBarrett1, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC

1. WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC - Similar Threads - WLAN AutoConfig Service

2. WLAN AutoConfig stuck on stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLAN AutoConfig stuck on stopping: Hey so I tried stopping WLAN AutoConfig to fix my laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi and it's stuck on stopping. This has also affected my Linux distros and I ran sfc /scannow and nothing was wrong please help!!!!Edit: Do I have to reset the entire computer or run Services as...
  3. WLAN AutoConfig stuck on stopping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WLAN AutoConfig stuck on stopping: Hey so I tried stopping WLAN AutoConfig to fix my laptop not connecting to Wi-Fi and it's stuck on stopping. This has also affected my Linux distros and I ran sfc /scannow and nothing was wrong please help!!!!Edit: Do I have to reset the entire computer or run Services as...
  4. WLAN AutoConfig

WLAN AutoConfig: Was having an issue with my hard drive and fixed it by clean booting. Upon doing so WLAN auto config has turned itself off and I can not seem for the life of me to get it to come back on. I also cannot access system file checker nor reset my pc for some reason.Regards,...
  5. WLAN Autoconfig issues

WLAN Autoconfig issues: Hi, event viewer describes this as a issue: WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll Error Code: 126 I have done every single thing that all the guides/steps say to do WLANauto config is set to automatic and is on in...
  6. WLAN Autoconfig Service not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN Autoconfig Service not available: Hi, I am facing problem in connecting my WIFI. I am having windows 10 Pro but in Services WLAN Autoconfig is not showing. Also WlanSvc is not available. [ATTACH]...
  7. WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically

WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically: Each time I restart my PC, I have to start the WLAN AutoConfig service manually. The service property is set to automatic but it still doesn't start. Also, something seems to take several hours to time out waiting for an internet connection when the PC restarts. Can anyone...
  8. Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig (error 1068)

Unable to start WLAN AutoConfig (error 1068): I cannot connect with wireless adapter to Wifi with desktop running on Windows 10. I replaced wireless adapter but still not connecting. I access WLAN AutoConfig, attempt to start it and received error 1068. Please help me resolve this issue. Thanks. Blaise...
  9. WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start

WLAN AutoConfig doesn't start: Tried to do manual start, but it gives error: Error 0x800c0006: The system cannot locate the object specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-autoconfig-doesnt-start/7bcad972-11ba-44ad-9d90-d8f3bff9b11a
  10. Wlan AutoConfig service Errors 999/1069/1297

Wlan AutoConfig service Errors 999/1069/1297: Hey, I'm having trouble using my desktop to connect to my WiFi. I've narrowed it down to the WLAN AutoConfig service (won't start) I've tried changing the account it logs in as to the Admin on my PC but I get Error 1069 "The service did not start due to login failure" as...