Windows 10: Wlanext.exe crashes on PC start - does not seem to affect performance.

Discus and support Wlanext.exe crashes on PC start - does not seem to affect performance. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I recently bought a TP Link Archer T9UH Wireless adapter to provide 5 ghz connectivity for my Dell Inspiron PC, which only has internal 2.4 ghz. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bhudda_, May 13, 2019.

1. bhudda_ Win User

Wlanext.exe crashes on PC start - does not seem to affect performance.

Hi

I recently bought a TP Link Archer T9UH Wireless adapter to provide 5 ghz connectivity for my Dell Inspiron PC, which only has internal 2.4 ghz. It mostly seems to work fine, though very occasionally I need to restart the PC because it has not connected on startup.

If I look in the Reliability Monitor though, wlanext.exe is reported as crashing on every PC start.

I have checked that I have the most up-to-date driver, have put the file in exclusions on my anti-virus, and have spent about an hour online to TP Link Support, who tell me just to uninstall the program.

Have tried to schedule a call from Microsoft Support UK for days but they have never phoned back.

Can anyone please give me some advice? It seems wrong to just delete an MS program and wrong that it keeps crashing.

Would greatly appreciate some help - reluctant to return TPLink when it's a Windows fault.

Thanks in advance

Brian

:)

bhudda_, May 13, 2019
  2. robbyUP Win User

wlanext using resources

wlanext in task manager is using over 50% on the cpu. i just started having this issue a day ago for what seems like no reason. it sounds like wlanext is used for only wifi but i have never used wifi or plan to on this computer. i always have task manager
    open but i have never seen wlanext befor why would it be using half my cpu?

robbyUP, May 13, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 13, 2019
  4. Wlanext.exe crashes on PC start - does not seem to affect performance.

uTorrent affects PC performance

Hey guys, got a fairly new issue with uTorrent here, started about the middle of last year.

Basically, when I try to download something (I'm not sure if the size affects it, the number of connections, or the upload/download speed does either) my PCs performance is noticeably affected. If I'm listening to music or watching a video, there will be dropouts and distortion, my calls on Skype are affected and general program performance isn't exactly speedy. I have googled this and found no solution.

Has anyone here ever experienced this or know of a fix?

Red_Machine, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Wlanext.exe crashes on PC start - does not seem to affect performance.

1. Wlanext.exe crashes on PC start - does not seem to affect performance. - Similar Threads - Wlanext exe crashes

2. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  3. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  4. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?: Hi, So I've Been Wondering, If My Transparency Effects Affect My Gameplay Or Not, I've Been Looking For Articles And Somewhere In Reddit, So In Reddit, Someone Said Transparency Affect Nothing, But In Articles, It Says It Can Affect Performance, I Don't Know Which One Should...
  6. Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?: Hi, So I've Been Wondering, If My Transparency Effects Affect My Gameplay Or Not, I've Been Looking For Articles And Somewhere In Reddit, So In Reddit, Someone Said Transparency Affect Nothing, But In Articles, It Says It Can Affect Performance, I Don't Know Which One Should...
  7. Does Transparency Affect Performance In Windows 10 21h2?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How Much Does Virtualization Affect Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Much Does Virtualization Affect Performance: Good day to all of you, please pardon me if I have done something wrong such as setting an incorrect flair, it is my first time posting on this sub. So, I am currently making plans on making a PC next year, and really wanna run ArchLinux on it, as I've never ran Linux before,...
  9. StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    StartMenuExperienceHost.exe affect performance: My operating system version is WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1909 / 18363.900 StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is eating up almost all of my Memory/Ram! If anyone comes up with a solution to this problem, please let me know!!! Thanks...
  10. Does dual-booting affect windows performance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does dual-booting affect windows performance?: Note: This question is because I'm trying to diagnose the cause for low performance. Personal context: I have been using windows forever, and around 5 years back I started using ubuntu because of school and now job related work. I have also dual-booted many systems and they...