Windows 10: wlanext using resources

Discus and support wlanext using resources in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; wlanext in task manager is using over 50% on the cpu. i just started having this issue a day ago for what seems like no reason. it sounds like wlanext... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by robbyUP, Mar 6, 2019.

1. robbyUP Win User

wlanext using resources

wlanext in task manager is using over 50% on the cpu. i just started having this issue a day ago for what seems like no reason. it sounds like wlanext is used for only wifi but i have never used wifi or plan to on this computer. i always have task manager open but i have never seen wlanext befor why would it be using half my cpu?

:)

robbyUP, Mar 6, 2019

2. your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource(web proxy) is not responding

Hi,

The error message "your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource(web proxy) is not responding" that you are getting, may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your computer. With that said,
    we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, kindly answer the following:

• When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? Make sure that you remove all personal information.

In the meantime, we suggest that you download the app troubleshooter on this
    link
    and then run it on the computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Graphics resources are over utilized??

Hi,

Game compatibility issue is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this warning message "THE DESKTOP WINDOW MANAGER IS EXPERIENCING HEAVY RESOURCE CONTENTION,THE GRAPHIC SUBSYSTEM ARE OVER UTILIZED AND THERE A THRASHING HAPPENING AS A RESULT.REDUCING
    THE NUMBER OF RUNNING APPS MAY SOLVE THE ISSUE.". For us to properly provide appropriate solutions, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Wilfred Mac, Mar 6, 2019
  4. wlanext using resources

sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Hi,

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is an error which may occur if you are trying to run the System File Checker tool (SFC /SCANNOW) to scan and repair Windows system files. To resolve this error, we suggest that you follow the
    steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open run command box.
    • In the run command box, type services.msc, and press
      Enter.
    • In the list of services, double click the Windows Modules Installer service.
    • Set the startup type to Auto, and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, you'll be able to run the sfc /scannow command without any problems.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

wlanext using resources

1. wlanext using resources - Similar Threads - wlanext using resources

2. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  3. Lots of resources being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of resources being used: I have up to 45% of my CPU and 70-85% of my RAM in use (I have 8 GB) just by doing low end tasks. Looking in task manager, I know for a fact that ~6GB of RAM is not being used by Discord and Chrome. Windows should barely use any of that. I've been suspicious of bloatware...
  4. "Requested resource is in use" error

"Requested resource is in use" error: So, I tried to move some photos from my android device to my computer. I move videos like that frequently with no problems, but now I got the error message "Requested resource is in use" and I can't move it. I don't have the preview pane on. Some people said that disabling...
  5. Browser Using Lots of Resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Using Lots of Resources: Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was introduced to computers and then the Internet. Not long after that I found out about "cookies" and how they interacted with your browser. The more I studied this the more I saw what an advertiser's dream this must be, even though it...
  6. low resources while using Zoom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low resources while using Zoom: using zoom but occasionally get the subject message and then my audio gets affected. how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-resources-while-using-zoom/8babccaa-4726-45de-aa59-a6c040d1ac1a
  7. Windows Defender using many resources

Windows Defender using many resources: Hi, guys. May I've some help? I use my desktop mostly for studying (I'm a CS student) and gaming. A few days ago I've noticed how slow my machine has become and I also noticed Windows Defender is the main villain. Exactly now while I'm writting this post I've just restarted...
  8. the requested resource is in use

the requested resource is in use: my windows defender wont turn back on. i cant factory reset. i cant install any antivirus or anything. i believe i have a rootkit. i would love it if someone on this planet could help me remove this virus....
  9. skype using resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype using resources: Hi, I will appreciate any help. I do not use skype, have not activated or subscribed to skype, yet occasionally I notice heavy use of resources by this app and its associated files, enough to slow down my pc. Why?...
  10. "Resources Already In Use" Error

"Resources Already In Use" Error: All, I uninstalled my Antivirus software program because I purchased a license for BitDefender. The problem is I can't install anything. When I double click on the .exe file I get an error message stating "resource already in use" Now I'm stuck with no Antivirus program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wlanext using 50% cpu