Windows 10: .WLD File type not opening with the app or file I want. Windows 10

Discus and support .WLD File type not opening with the app or file I want. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a file type that I have downloaded recently, this file type isn't a normal file type and doesn't support a default app, the file has a .wld... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColeGreenen, Feb 6, 2019.

1. .WLD File type not opening with the app or file I want. Windows 10

I have a file type that I have downloaded recently, this file type isn't a normal file type and doesn't support a default app, the file has a .wld protocol. Before, the file would show up as, well, a file. It would look like just a blank paper with the corner folded a little. Now, I didn't know what I was doing but I right clicked on the file and clicked, "Open with" and I accidently chose WordPad. I've tried every way to turn back this file to open without anything or just to make it look like it was that blank paper. Nothing has helped for me so I hope any of you can help me.

:)

ColeGreenen, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Terraria, wld files opening in notepad

Hello,

You can change the app opening a specific file type by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard, choose Apps, then choose
      Default apps.
    • Scroll down until you see Choose default apps by file type and
      click.
    • On the current window, look for .wld and choose the appropriate app.

If you've already done this but still need further help, let me know.

I'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2019
  4. .WLD File type not opening with the app or file I want. Windows 10

Terraria, wld files opening in notepad

I accidentally opened my .wld file in notepad and I have tried going to Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs but then, when I would normally go to the place where I can change how my files open. It's not there anymore, thanks to the newest windows update
    making it so you have to go to settings. Unfortunately this update has made it impossible to remove all possible ways to open a type of file, now making it no longer possible to change the file. Any help? It would be much appreciated. Thank you to all!

XxLionTheWolfxX, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

.WLD File type not opening with the app or file I want. Windows 10

1. .WLD File type not opening with the app or file I want. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WLD File type

2. Open files of varying types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open files of varying types: Recently, in preparation for wiping my hard drive, I saved all the things on my computer that were in my document files to Google Drive and also to a thumb drive. This included Word files, pictures, and all types of things. When I was ready to reinstall from Google Drive, all...
  3. Open files of varying types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open files of varying types: Recently, in preparation for wiping my hard drive, I saved all the things on my computer that were in my document files to Google Drive and also to a thumb drive. This included Word files, pictures, and all types of things. When I was ready to reinstall from Google Drive, all...
  4. Open files of varying types

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 asks me if I want default Apps to open certain file types even though the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 asks me if I want default Apps to open certain file types even though the...: Windows10 asks me if I want to use certain Apps to open certain file types even though the defaults are already set.I've recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 as I was having issues before this. So far everything is working well apart from the default apps...
  6. Windows 10 asks me if I want default Apps to open certain file types even though the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 asks me if I want default Apps to open certain file types even though the...: Windows10 asks me if I want to use certain Apps to open certain file types even though the defaults are already set.I've recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 as I was having issues before this. So far everything is working well apart from the default apps...
  7. Windows 10 asks me if I want default Apps to open certain file types even though the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unable to open with or set default app for file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open with or set default app for file type: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitVersion: 20H2OS Build: 19042.1052Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0I want to double click on a *.jpg file from my phone and have it open in Chrome.1 - Right clicking results in no "open with" option:2 - Default app for "photo...
  9. How to I open this type of file? Is there an app I can download that will open it, because...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to I open this type of file? Is there an app I can download that will open it, because...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rockkett [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fok3yo/how_to_i_open_this_type_of_file_is_there_an_app_i/
  10. change the default app to open a file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the default app to open a file type: How do I change the default app to open a .wpd document file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-app-to-open-a-file-type/6cb7b0b6-d967-4f4b-9d18-8ad6651abac0