Windows 10: WLM Error code 0x8000CC0F

Discus and support WLM Error code 0x8000CC0F in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Good evening all: This is my first post with TenForums so I am not sure on the correct protocol BUT here is my question/concern: I have Windows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by leppy99, Oct 11, 2015.

1. leppy99 Win User

WLM Error code 0x8000CC0F

Good evening all:
    This is my first post with TenForums so I am not sure on the correct protocol BUT here is my question/concern:

I have Windows Live Mail(WLM)/I am running Windows 10 Home X64. and it seems every night around 10:00 EST my WLM goes down-I can not send or receive any messages. When I shut don for the night and restart in the morning WLM works good. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.
    Errors I am getting: 0x8000CC0F and Socket error: 10053.

I checked the internet but could not find any good answers to this problem. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Dan

:)

leppy99, Oct 11, 2015
  2. Q139 Win User

Windows LIve Mail Error code: Ox8DE00005

Hello Microsoft--how about a response to the above. I still have the Windows Live Mail error code of 3219-- OxDE00005. How can I get rid of it and get WLM to work properly?? Thanks

3. Windows upgrade.

Yes finally it worked flawlessly! no error code! Thank you soo much for the help!! I really appreciate it!!!

Jonathan Cedillos, Oct 11, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

What email provider are you using? Any Anti-Virus?

0x8000CC0F is normally SSL. You need to check that SSL is enabled and that the port for SMTP is correctly defined within the account settings of WLM (often it can be either 25, 465, 527).

Check and see if anything is changing the SMTP port (Avast mail shield can do this, perhaps some other security software).

5. leppy99 Win User
    halasz:
    Thanks for the reply. My email provider is 'provide.net' through my ISP of AT&T Uverse. I use Windows Defender for the antivirus. The problem seems to have fixed itself, or at least it seems to be working now. I suspect someone at provide.net was shutting the server down along with the lights at night-it was going out around the same time each night; it's a small company I have been using for years. ANYWAY it seems to be working fine now. Again thanks for the response.

Dan

leppy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WLM Error code 0x8000CC0F - Similar Threads - WLM Error code

2. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  3. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  4. WLM Hack

in Browsers and Email
    WLM Hack: Hi all, Since 2004 does not like WLM and you have to get into the registry to fix it, I thought i would try to write a registry hack that would make it easy to fix WLM. Here is what i typed: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  5. Unable to signin to WLM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to signin to WLM: I cannot singin to my Windows Live Mail . I continue to get a popup that reads To help protect your Online Id account you must signin again. Regardless of the times I attempt, this continues to block me out....
  6. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: PLEASE BRING BACK SUPPORT FOR WLM. MAIL APP STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. WHAT CAN WE USE FOR DECENT EMAIL ACCOUNT???????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/87473bca-aae8-4bdd-a903-be3fff3be3db
  7. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: Why do I get more WANTED emails on WLM than I do on Mail App ??? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/8e1f0f5d-8719-4fc9-9318-852798dfe5a3
  8. Issue with WLM..... error message

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with WLM..... error message: I was messing around with my Intel Compute Win 10 Stick so much so I had to do a Reset and keep Nothing. All is fine except WLM. I tried to reinstall WLM using my WE 2012 Offline Installer which worked for me many times since MS stop supporting WLM. But this time, something...
  9. Is WLM actually dead?

in Browsers and Email
    Is WLM actually dead?: In my Sandy B running 10 Pro only I noticed I still had WLM as an icon on my taskbar. So before I went ahead and unpinned it I thought I would give it a whirl. Low and behold it started up still not downloading Hotmail stuff but did the Bigpond (my secondary mail site) in...
  10. WLM program

in Browsers and Email
    WLM program: I have heard about Windows live mail Ending by the end of june I Have had had it for years and like it .But I set up the mail program that came on windows 10 and I have it ready it will even receive e-mail. The only problem is I can't find any place to add contacts so unless...